PDA

View Full Version : Here's a thought: who makes way for Gamble?

Counting Crow
04/06/2004, 11:28 PM
Delighted he's back. Thought he was brilliant when he broke into the team 4 years ago and remember him scoring against Bohs in that pre season tournament at The Cross with a cracker.

But who makes way?

George - No
Nawankwo - No
Colin T - Doubtfull
Woodsie - Hope not
Flynny - No
Fenn - Not if he plays the way he played tonight.

Also, we have S O'Flynn & Doyler due back soon. Can't see Doyler being left out the way he was playing!!!!!!

It's going to be interesting.

Plus Hoggy ain't going to get his place back easily - although he's a good bit away yet.

It's going to test Dolan's man management skills this one.

Mouthwatering for us fans though.

DolansWaistcoat
05/06/2004, 9:25 PM
I agree with ya Colin is a fine player i've always liked him does the job without any fuss.Micky looks brilliant in midfield and Woods seems to have a new lease of life since he was put back in the midfield,I never understood what he was doing at left back in the first place.Georgie is doing the business as usual and he's even starting to look out for a pass to a team mate instead of trying to do it all himself sometimes.It's gonna be tough to drop any of them.Gamble,Doyle,Keraney,Hoggy,Sweeney and S O'Flynn all trying to get into our starting 11 soon,what a squad!

city 4 life
05/06/2004, 9:37 PM
yeah a nice dilemma for city fans!
as long as the team on the pitch do the business!
dolan can't be afraid to drop certain players like fenn georgie or flynnie should they not be doing the business!

flynnies goal had to be one of the most bizarre goals i'v ever seen!

Gary
06/06/2004, 1:46 AM
Why should anyone make way for Gamble???

Surely he should be earning his spot in the first 11, and not walking straight in.

I think its great that there is such competition for a starting spot. The only player who will go straight back in when fit is Doyler, at the expense of who is Dolans choice. I certainly wouldnt like to ake that call anyways.

DolansWaistcoat
06/06/2004, 2:59 PM
I'd say with the hype around Gamble and his home coming and signing on at half time and all that bull then Dolan will play him as soon as possible. Probably play him for 25 mins in his first few games and then starting him after that.Like we said who will Dolan drop if we keep up the unbeaten run then it's almost impossible to justify dropping anyone.

yan
06/06/2004, 3:55 PM
Gamble,Doyle,Keraney,Hoggy,Sweeney and S O'Flynn all trying to get into our starting 11 soon,what a squad!

what a squad indeed but what a wage bill aswell!!!

pete
08/06/2004, 9:09 AM
Good to have options on the bench & keep the first 11 players on their toes. We don't have huge options in midfield anyway with really only Kearney on the sideline now.