PDA

View Full Version : City 2-1 Pats

Ali-G
04/06/2004, 9:01 PM
2-1. Flynn and Fenn got the goals. Any reports from the game?

FT Shamrock Rovers 1 - 2 Drogheda United

FT Bohemians 3 - 0 Derry City

FT Dublin City 1 - 3 Shelbourne

FT Longford Town 0 - 2 Waterford U.

Storysham
04/06/2004, 9:33 PM
EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
P W D L F A Pts
Shelbourne 13 8 4 1 19 8 28
Drogheda U 13 7 2 4 13 8 23
Cork City 14 6 5 3 19 15 23
Waterford U 13 6 5 2 16 14 23
Bohemians 14 5 6 3 19 12 21
Shamrock R 14 5 4 5 17 12 19
Longford T 14 4 6 4 9 12 18
St Pat's A 13 3 3 7 12 20 12
Derry City 14 2 4 8 5 15 10
Dublin City 14 2 3 9 11 22 9

Counting Crow
04/06/2004, 10:54 PM
Waterford don't have a game in had on us ..... they lost thatgame on Monday vs D City.

patsh
04/06/2004, 11:30 PM
It can be honestly said that if we could have scored 7 or 8 goals tonight. Incredible amount of chances created, unbelieveable how the ball stayed out of the net... :eek:
That said, if SPA didn't have Ndo and Osam, they wouldn't have a solitary point on the board. They are sh*te!...

Dr.Nightdub
05/06/2004, 2:23 AM
The ref had a terrible game.

Agree 100%

Gave City NOTHING.

Apart from your first goal. If youse want more than that, youse have to pay more.

Counting Crow
05/06/2004, 7:43 AM
Our cheque must have gone missing in the post ;) so because the ba$tard gave us nothing.
Definately should have had 2 spotters particularly Fenns shot in the 2nd halfwhich was all but caught and solo'd out of the box by one of yere guys.

And what about him pushing our walls back 15 yards for yere frees.........figure that one. The crowed actually counted his steps at one stage and he stopped at 13. :rolleyes:

Counting Crow
05/06/2004, 7:58 AM
Agree what biy.

I had forgotten about the tackle. Brilliant. I think everyone was about to put their heads in their hands until Dan slid in. Great stuff.

Yeah and Devine showed again that he is in top form.

Connor - stay put biy. You ain't wanted here.

thecorner
05/06/2004, 9:01 AM
that save by devine in the last minute was worth the entrance fee..top drawer

saying that . the ref must have gave us a few decisions. something must have happened for flynnys goal last night.they were livid

niamh
05/06/2004, 9:12 AM
Shels played well but 3-1 didn't reflect how well Dublin City did against them.
It should be a good game Tuesday as both teams seem to be playing well.

Ruairi
05/06/2004, 10:08 AM
that save by devine in the last minute was worth the entrance fee..top drawer

i seem to remember him saving the ball with his hand behind his back or something? or was that an alcohol induced illusion??

aswad
05/06/2004, 11:32 AM
I've never seen a ref give City so much in my life - don't know what game the rest of you idiots were watching. Pats should have had a penalty towards the end and it would have the two dropped points would have been deserved for the listless second half performance. JOF is still not match fit and unable to last the full 90, and despite Danny Murphy threatening to give anyone booing Fenn a kicking, I still go with my first impression that he's a useless tosser and not worth the stupid money he's on. But back to the ref, he gave us almost every 50-50 free kick decision. I was stunned. Don't ever remember Hancock being that generous.

Eric
05/06/2004, 11:51 AM
I've never seen a ref give City so much in my life - don't know what game the rest of you idiots were watching. Pats should have had a penalty towards the end and it would have the two dropped points would have been deserved for the listless second half performance. JOF is still not match fit and unable to last the full 90, and despite Danny Murphy threatening to give anyone booing Fenn a kicking, I still go with my first impression that he's a useless tosser and not worth the stupid money he's on. But back to the ref, he gave us almost every 50-50 free kick decision. I was stunned. Don't ever remember Hancock being that generous.

Ya the Ref was brilliant, Danny Murphy was shocking as usual and Pats should have won!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

adamcarr
05/06/2004, 11:52 AM
I still go with my first impression that he's a useless tosser and not worth the stupid money he's on.
Some people are never happy! :rolleyes:

adamcarr
05/06/2004, 11:53 AM
Ya the Ref was brilliant, Danny Murphy was shocking as usual and Pats should have won!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Well said! :D

aswad
05/06/2004, 11:57 AM
Sorry Eric - don't know if you have trouble reading or are just being obtuse. Thought Danny Murphy was superb last night. My comment referred to his comments regarding Fenn in Friday's Mirror. Apologies for making you look stupid.

adamcarr
05/06/2004, 12:06 PM
Sorry Eric - don't know if you have trouble reading or are just being obtuse. Thought Danny Murphy was superb last night. My comment referred to his comments regarding Fenn in Friday's Mirror. Apologies for making you look stupid.
Its actually you have trouble seeing! :rolleyes:

jmc105
05/06/2004, 1:42 PM
Thought Danny Murphy was superb last night. My comment referred to his comments regarding Fenn in Friday's Mirror..
what comments were those adam?

sullanefc
05/06/2004, 4:27 PM
I think the ref was quite generous towards city. Pats definitely should have had a penalty in the second half. It seemed cork settled for 2-1 at half time and didn't perform in the second half after an outstanding first half display. We should have scored a lot more in the first half.

Was sitting in the St Annes end for the whole game and I had a perfect view of our first goal, and although it was one of the strangest goals i've ever seen, it was legitamate. Flynny came in at the back post and the ball seemed to get trapped between chest, the post and the goalkeeper. Flynny seemed to roll the ball around the post with his chest and out simply out muscled the goalkeeper. The linesman was on the right side and had a clear view of the ball being fully over the line. It didn't go wide like the pats players were claiming. The only thing pats might argue is that flynn pushed the keeper, but it was a 50-50 ball that was there to be won.

Having said all that, Flynny should have scored minutes before that when he was one on one with the keeper and somehow missed. One of the worst misses I have ever seen.

I thought Fenn played very well in the first half as well as Nwankwo. The whole team didn't play well in the second half bar Devine. I think the players know it too cos murray said in the Echo today that the need to perform for the ninety minutes, and they are not doing that.

All in all an excellent first half, well worth the entry fee and a good 3 pts. :)

Colm
06/06/2004, 1:59 PM
It was a great all round team performance and each and every player had a good game.
Flynny's goal was a weird moment. Standing in the Shed all I could see was a scramble, I think most of us thought the ref had given a free out or something because it took quite a while for the Shed to start celebrating.
I was delighted to see Fenn have a good game. Hopefully he'll continue that form now and do what we all know he is well capable of.
With the amount of clear cut chances we had in the second half we could easily have won by 4 or 5 goals. Pats did give us a couple of scares but overall we were well deserving of the win.