PDA

View Full Version : We Can Catch Shels...

Peadar
02/06/2004, 9:56 AM
If Shels fail to beat Home Farm and we win our next two games, we will catch them. Drogs position scares me at the moment.
They should be well off the pace by now :(

thecorner
02/06/2004, 10:11 AM
Drogs position scares me at the moment.

reckon it could be shades of waterford last season and should slip away

hopfully they can stay there and help us end the dubs domination

after all if we arent planning to win it til next year, wouldnt mind them keeping the title warm for us

NorthoftheLee
02/06/2004, 10:14 AM
If Shels fail to beat Home Farm and we win our next two games, we will catch them. Drogs position scares me at the moment.
They should be well off the pace by now :(

shels game in hand is against drogs so I'll be hoping for a drogs win there...cant see drogheda keeping this up for the rest of the season.

We need to get 7 points from our next 3 games. a point away to shels and 2 home wins against 2 teams in the bottom 3.

tiktok
02/06/2004, 10:21 AM
The game against Drogs that they have in hand will be a big one.

But Hoefully we'll close the gap on them with two home wins and avoiding defeat in tolka is vital

thecorner
02/06/2004, 10:34 AM
and we are good on the road..

isnt it strange we are able to say that after our days with gunther only going back 2 years ago

James
02/06/2004, 10:43 AM
isnt it strange we are able to say that after our days with gunther only going back 2 years ago

still get nightmares over those away games.. if it wasnt for the 3-2 in bray and the flynny flick, we'd have gone mad that season :eek:

Peadar
02/06/2004, 10:43 AM
after our days with gunther only going back 2 years ago

When we were virtually unbeatable at home?
Losing half your games is still unacceptable whether you lose them at home or away. You're still dropping points.
At least this season we're getting a bit of balance where defeats are concerned.

NorthoftheLee
02/06/2004, 10:52 AM
the way thhe league is at the moment...wins are way more important that avoiding defeat as in you can afford to lose a few extra if you win the rest...way too many draws in the league...a few wins on the trot and you fly up the league....

Hecko
02/06/2004, 10:57 AM
Was at the Shels Bohs game last week and don't think I've seen a worse "top of the table game". Shels are rubbish to watch but are rock solid at the back. If we play the type of long balls into the front two that we've been relying on a lot this season, we'll get nowhere against them. Fenn and Georgey thru the middle is the only way to break them down IMO

Gary
02/06/2004, 5:08 PM
Well it was hardly top of the table considering Bohs are 5th or 6th.

Taht said, they were in the same position this time last year.

pete
03/06/2004, 4:52 PM
We now appear a lot more solid than the first few games. Getting reasonable results & a good squad which copes fairly well with injuries even to key players.

Shel$ are still the strongest league team but would also be screwed if Jason Byrne was out long term. Could be said we are missing several first teamers in Hoggie, Coughlan, O'Flynn & Doyler.

Storysham
03/06/2004, 7:25 PM
hopfully they can stay there and help us end the dubs domination

That you dolan???

The Sheliban
03/06/2004, 10:16 PM
Just to respond to allegations that Shels aren't playing well. Yep, spot on, we're not playing well at all, after a bright start. All it would take is for Cork or Bohs or Rovers to string together three wins and we'd be caught. We are totally unable to play well for more than 45 minutes per match, and I confidently expect Home Farm to do us tomorrow night.
However, I thought we were crap for much of last season too.

paudie
04/06/2004, 3:30 PM
the way thhe league is at the moment...wins are way more important that avoiding defeat as in you can afford to lose a few extra if you win the rest...way too many draws in the league...a few wins on the trot and you fly up the league....

Agree completely. A few wins are vital. Unbeaten runs are ok but you have to win 2 out of every three games to be challenging.

Bohs have won 2 out of the last 3 after a shocking run and now they're only 2 points behind us !!

To be honest the standard of football in the league this season is the poorest I've seen in a while.

The City Waterford game last week was poor for a top 3 clash.