PDA

View Full Version : U19 Latest

pete
07/11/2001, 2:37 PM
Republic of Ireland 1 Austria 0

inthenet.ie (http://www.inthenet.ie/international/news.asp?head=404)

Republic of Ireland: Murphy (Manchester City); Brennan (Newcastle United), Rossiter (Sunderland), Paisley (Manchester City), McCarthy (Manchester City), Capper (Sunderland); Lacey (Sunderland), Ward (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Foley (Liverpool), Thornton (Tranmere); Daly (Stockport County), Deane (Charlton).
Austria: Pretis; Krammer, Hutter, Berger, Pogatetz; Salmutter, Berger, Jakits, Schreier; Felfernig, Topic.
Referee: Igor Ishchenko (Ukraine).

James
07/11/2001, 3:09 PM
Croatia 1 Latvia 0 in the other game in buttervant

James
07/11/2001, 3:57 PM
irealnd now 2-0 up after a bazare og.
long kick out from ireland ( thats ironic a long hoof at the cross :D ) and an Austrian defender inexplicably headed the ball over his keeper and into the net

joe
07/11/2001, 6:34 PM
I think the Austrian keeper (who didn't look at all interested throughout the match) was probably more at fault. He was caught in no man's land and must not have given his defender a shout. Still it was quite a spectacular og!

Anyone know the ful-time from the Croatia - Latvia match?

James
07/11/2001, 7:04 PM
my sources in Buttevent tell me the Croats beat Latvia 4-1, but by my reckoning Ireland have a better goal difference so only need a draw to win the group and enter a play-off to decide who qualifies for the finals in Norway next July.

Bernie
08/11/2001, 9:10 AM
With that crucial goal conceded by Croatia, it certainly looks like a draw would do for Ireland.

Should be a right cracker on Friday night.

last chance to get those 2 free tickets to Ire. V Iran.

Hope springs eternal ( City fan after all).

joe
08/11/2001, 7:21 PM
originally scheduled for a 7.30 pm kick-off, the match will now take place at 2.00pm at the Mardyke