PDA

View Full Version : Footballidentity Looking for new users!

Acornvilla
04/03/2011, 5:32 PM
Right its pre season now in FID so were looking to do a new recruitment drive below I've tried to explain what Footballidentity is and given you some useful links.

I've been playing this game for over a year and a half now and I really can't recommend it enough, It's an open beta with a very large Irish community and were all looking to try and get some fresh blood in time for the new season which starts shortly, Its a bit difficult to pin what the game is like in words but sure i'll give it a bash.

Footballidentity (www.footballidentity.com)is a football world where all characters are controlled by real users. Managers, Players and even Journalists have a user behind them and together they form teams and play matches together in the world's first turn-based strategy game based upon football. Players play matches, train and develop their skills. Managers handle transfers/contracts, match tactics and manage their team members.

It's kind of like a 2D version of Fifa Be a Pro mode. But obviously all the other players on your team and the opposition's team are human controlled too

1) You have complete control of your player on the pitch. You tell him where to move, who to pass to, whether to shoot or try and take on your man etc.

2) The other players on your team are human controlled as well, so you don't have to worry about a robot player messing up a move. And when a human player DOES mess up a move, at least you can give him an earful

3) You can only train once a day, so you have to pick and choose which stats you want to train. Do you want to be a lightning fast Ronaldo type or an almost superhuman Essien type?

4) You don't have to be a player, if you've ever fancied yourdelf as a manager, give it a go here. It's slightly tougher than Football Manager 2010 as you're dealing with real people If you fancy yourself a writer, you could become a journalist instead, and write about the league, interview players, write reports on matches, whatever you want.

If your still a little confused as to what i'm saying watch the tutorial video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEj0mQV2e-M&feature=related) or better yet play some test matches and see what you think by checking out this (http://testcenter.footballidentity.com/BasicWebsite/SWF/TestGame/TestGamePage.aspx?lang=en-GB) link.

Give it a go and if you have any questions ask away ; )

(On an aside for the mods I am aware there has been previous topics about this game but i thought it best to let them die away and have a new one with some info at the start if thats ok)

mr. man
04/03/2011, 11:19 PM
This game is class and you will be hooked if you join . As the lad above me said , Give it a go !!!

christo
05/03/2011, 3:44 PM
Yep the game is good craic alright, I just won the Champions League with my team there a few minutes ago.

Its well worth a bash anyway

El-Pietro
08/03/2011, 2:38 PM
its good fun if you play on a team with active players.

Acornvilla there is the manager of my team and we just won the Irish Premier Division a couple of weeks ago o r is it Ireland 1A or something?

basically its like subuteo but with 22 people controlling the 22 little men. or in this case dots.

its free to play, unless you want more than one character and it is definitely worth a try. I'd say try the test games to see if its for you.

The only downside to it, is because you have to physically control your player, you have to commit to being online at certain times. The Irish top division plays on Sundays and Wednesdays at 8.45 and the second division plays on Mondays and Thursdays at the same times. Games last just over an hour I think though I'm open to correction.

Obvioulsy if you play with a bigger squad you can rotate and take games off etc ,If those times don't suit you then you have the choice to play anywhere in the world, all with their own game times.

Acornvilla
11/03/2011, 8:30 AM
And a lot of help you were Chris missing sitters from 6 yards out, fecking Irish choke under pressure as usual luckily you had some swedes to save your ass :D

El Pietro and Mr Man are the greatest players in the entirety of their own imaginations, but won me a league so i'm not complaining, Just won world keeper of the year so I did, dot stopper extraordinar I am. If they game was crap i'd have given it up a long time ago, certainly is worth a try. Its taken huge strides from what it was over a year ago when Chris was advertising it at first

christo
11/03/2011, 1:03 PM
Here it was my awesome pass to the swede, and I saved us a number of times in the lead up to the final too so blah

Valentine
11/03/2011, 2:02 PM
Can't recommend this game highly enough. I joined in May of last year and have not regretted it. I was signed up for Wasters along with a load of new users. After a few seasons of learning the trade in one of the toughest leagues, we came third in Season 7 and qualified for Europe. Ireland 2A is growing and the season starts in 2 weeks, perfect time to join.

This game is perfect for having fun/craic with other Irish users. All the users talk on IRC and on TeamSpeak too!

Acornvilla
12/03/2011, 10:41 AM
Can't recommend this game highly enough. I joined in May of last year and have not regretted it. I was signed up for Wasters along with a load of new users. After a few seasons of learning the trade in one of the toughest leagues, we came third in Season 7 and qualified for Europe. Ireland 2A is growing and the season starts in 2 weeks, perfect time to join.

This game is perfect for having fun/craic with other Irish users. All the users talk on IRC and on TeamSpeak too!

TS plus dots is great in fairness, wasters also suck go away ota that!

If anyone new joins up you can post here and we will try and sort you out with a club or you can find me in game, heres the link to my main player

http://footballidentity.com/Player/PlayerGeneral/General/U59.aspx?id=2208

christo
13/03/2011, 1:28 PM
Aye TeamSpeak makes it even more craic alright.

Wasters did suck I'll give ye that, but that was before I joined and made Daz less crap.

You meet loadsa people from all over the world as well, if you're into that sort of thing

Valentine
13/03/2011, 8:55 PM
Aye TeamSpeak makes it even more craic alright.

Wasters did suck I'll give ye that, but that was before I joined and made Daz less crap.

You meet loadsa people from all over the world as well, if you're into that sort of thing

Season 8 champions in the making. :)

PS screw you barry! :P

Acornvilla
17/03/2011, 11:24 AM
Screw ye both (especially val) <3, wasters had a fluke season because everyone else imploded bar the two sides above you, Season starts on Sunday woop!

Valentine
18/03/2011, 12:01 AM
Screw ye both (especially val) <3, wasters had a fluke season because everyone else imploded bar the two sides above you, Season starts on Sunday woop!

So that means ICFC fluked the title too? :P

Acornvilla
18/03/2011, 12:04 AM
So that means ICFC fluked the title too? :P

19 wins out of 22 speaks for itself :D

Valentine
18/03/2011, 4:38 PM
Met some great people here and Barry :)

Season starts on Sunday for IRL 1A and Monday for IRL 2A.

mr. man
19/03/2011, 9:16 AM
Have to agree that wasters are pretty rubbish !! :P I reckon we ( ICFC ) will go all the way in europe this season ..

Valentine
19/03/2011, 10:38 AM
Don't listen to these people, they are afraid of Wasters this season :D

Acornvilla
21/03/2011, 1:52 PM
Don't listen to these people, they are afraid of Wasters this season :D

here ye nearly beat them crap Spanish lads, go away out of that!

Acornvilla
13/04/2011, 1:30 PM
Time to meet your maker tonight chris and Val, mwahaha!

For anyone interested in joining they added a nifty little feature yesterday that helps make the game a little easier to understand when you just join,

sort of a list of a few little achievements which you get credits and rating for completing and also teach you the basics while doing so, win win for all

Acornvilla
23/04/2011, 2:46 PM
we only need 3 more players (2 defenders and 1 gk) to create a new team, Ireland 2a is improving all along and is a bit of craic and a good place to start for new guys. we also have lovely forums to talk about all sorts of stuff :D

tis my referral link (http://footballidentity.com/FootballIdentity.aspx?rId=Randomfriend) find me if your a new guy/gal and need any help or post here and i'll get back to you.

even if some people could do me a favor and join just for the purpose for unlocking the team I shall be grateful, there are also 3 clubs available to manage if a few of you were interested in creating a foot.ie team or just wana try out the management side of the game :)

Valentine
29/04/2011, 12:31 AM
IRL 2A is getting a bit more active, with 3 new teams created. LOI XI have just signed a legendary keeper though!

Acornvilla
20/05/2011, 12:10 PM
IRL 2A is getting a bit more active, with 3 new teams created. LOI XI have just signed a legendary keeper though!

haha, think we're a midfielder short of a new team now if anyones interested

Valentine
26/06/2011, 6:27 AM
Season 9 is starting tonight \o/!

IRL 1A and 2A have some cups now :P

Acornvilla
08/07/2011, 8:08 PM
Season 9 is starting tonight \o/!

IRL 1A and 2A have some cups now :P

I'm still the greatest! You however are doomed to mid table obscurity for life :clap:

Acornvilla
31/01/2012, 5:22 PM
Can't harm to give this topic a bump, the UI and gameplay has been updated somewhat its quite a bit more user friendly than the old days. I'm still plugging away playing and enjoying it as much as I did 2 years ago so its not all bad :) The game is still beta but its getting there, if anyone new would like to give it a lash, or even someone who played it when the game was a baby wants to give it another go heres my character link (http://footballidentity.com/User/UserGeneral/U53.aspx?id=2292). I can help you out with anything if you drop me a mail in game or here.

Theres less pressure to make every game these days too thanks to some advancements managers can play for guys who can't make games, so its a little less hardcore than it once was if your more of a casual gamer! All the other info you need is in my signature.