PDA

View Full Version : Derren Brown - Séance

Peadar
31/05/2004, 10:47 PM
What a quality bit of TV!
The guy is a legend.
He has such an understanding of the human mind.
Really enjoyed that and yes, I picked Jane too.
How easily we're manipulated :D

tiktok
01/06/2004, 7:55 AM
practically evryone had to pick Jane, that was the way the cards were laid out. After that I lost a bit of interest, but at the same time it was very enjoyable, I do like the guy I have to admit. :D

Wish they'd showed the reactions when they'd introduced the actress though. :eek:

NorthoftheLee
01/06/2004, 9:11 AM
the man is class.......any time ive seeb him on tv he always has new ideas...

the irish guy who is making waves in teh states is supposed to be good too...cant think of his name...dara o'something or other...i dunno...

sparkey
01/06/2004, 9:17 AM
The Guy I Think Your On About N.o.t.l. Is Keith Barry And He Is Ok Too.

Dodge
01/06/2004, 9:40 AM
Keith barry is a s good as derren browne, although he also does magic tricks (although he'l never call them that. by far the best thing on Irish TV when his show was on...

Browne is great too...

Roo69
01/06/2004, 11:05 AM
Keith barry is a s good as derren browne, although he also does magic tricks (although he'l never call them that. by far the best thing on Irish TV when his show was on...

Browne is great too...

Barry is to much like David Blaine, he needs top get his own style, but in saying that some of the stuff they all do is just unreal ! superb !

Did anyone see that one with Derren Brown when he was playing Russian Roulete ?!?!?! physco stuff !

brendy_éire
01/06/2004, 2:52 PM
Derren Brown is incredible. Dunno what the craic is with the mind reading tricks he does. I mean, how does it work? I'm beginning to get a bit sceptical about him. He doesn't explain the majority of the stuff he does. Never explains how he can look at a person and tell them their name or their job or about their dead granny. Why won't he explain it? I know a lot of is just manipulation of the human mind, but some of it just seems unreal.
The séance was excellent (I wrote London and picked Jane as well). The Russian roullette was just insanity.

liam88
01/06/2004, 4:04 PM
HE is a phycologist with loads of degrees and things which allowed him to know where the bullet was and things :D
It's a great way to use phycollegy actually.
I know someone came up with the idea-Brown in one glass box, Blaine in another-both hanging over the thames-each has 2 buttons-one button drop their box the other drops the others box but they don't know which is which-first one to press a button wins :D

yur man
01/06/2004, 5:31 PM
if he tells how its done then its no longer magic

he uses word manipulation techniques and body language all the way. and he also uses the unconscious mind to his benefit

ive read a few bits about this type of thing and its really fascinating. the books ive read were about using these techniques to help people change their lives in some way, which is hypnotherapy. he uses this for entertainment, and hes great at it

i read about an experiment where they hypnotised a person and told them they were going to be touched with a hot item. then, an ice cube was touched against the person and they blistered anyway

Peadar
02/06/2004, 8:27 AM
Wish they'd showed the reactions when they'd introduced the actress though. :eek:

Yeah, I was looking forward to that too.

I saw him one time with 3 lap dancers and they were saying that sometimes guys touch them when they're not supposed to.
He told one of them to close her eyes and count how many times he touched her. She said 3 or something but her mates were watching and saw that he never touched her.
He just has a wonderful understanding of the human mind.

That guy Keith Barry doesn't impress me though.
More often than not you can see through his tricks.
David Blaine's hands are so quick that you almost never see what he does.

Peadar
03/06/2004, 10:18 AM
From BreakingNews.ie (http://breakingnews.ie/2004/06/03/story150641.html)

03/06/2004 - 10:37:53

Derren Brown’s live “séance” was one of the most complained-about TV programmes ever, figures showed today.

More than 700 viewers have contacted Channel 4 and media regulator Ofcom about the show, which was broadcast on Monday night.

It is the third-most-complained-about show in British TV history.

Channel 4 received around 400 calls and 97 letters or emails, while Ofcom has so far received 208 complaints.

The vast majority were made before the programme was transmitted.