PDA

View Full Version : World Player of the Year

pete
07/11/2001, 12:38 PM
Have your say in one of the most respectedawards in World football. Vote for world player, manager & team of the year below.....

World Soccer (http://www.worldsoccer.com/worldsoccerawards2001.html)

It might be an english magazine but has a reach across the globe.

Pauro 76
07/11/2001, 1:38 PM
My vote's for Eric Lavine if he can get us out of trouble!

Éanna
08/11/2001, 5:46 PM
Anyone up for fixing it ronnie o'brien style? :D

James
08/11/2001, 6:08 PM
who do suggest eanna?

pete
08/11/2001, 6:50 PM
I've been sceptical of the role Keane played in irish teams in the past but in the last couple of years hes almost singlehandly dragged this irish team to the verge of the WC.

If we make by this time next week it'll he'll have almost certainly have had a huge hand in. Will begin the Roy Keane campaign then.

Much as I don't like the nglish hype about players i'd say Michael Owen would probably be favourite at the moment.
Bayern Munich be team
Dunno about Manager......

Éanna
08/11/2001, 7:06 PM
Keano or hartigan will get my vote!

James
08/11/2001, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
Keano or hartigan will get my vote!

wow eanna.... i know one of the players wont be happy with this comaprison...and hint hint.it aint the big donkey of a centrd foresrd...

my vote goes to keane for his leadershup to both ireland and tha team he plays for from manchester..what are they called again

now if we were to vote for an eircom league player..then a diff story altogether....i'd love to see how glenn crowe would do in such a poll!
maybe if everyone from all the clubs voted for him, then he'd get more exposure and then macca would bring him into the squad intead of connolly

Pauro 76
09/11/2001, 10:35 AM
Great idea!!! Crowe will get some publicitiy for the Eircom league, and itd be a laugh too. Speaking of Ronnie O'Brien, where is he now since he "won" the last poll!! Is he still at Juve?

James
09/11/2001, 1:55 PM
no he definately got released from Juve.
not sure but think lower league football somewhere.heard it a few months ago but canna remember where now.\
i'll check it out though

Xlex
09/11/2001, 3:19 PM
Dundee United...me thinks!!! On loan!!

Éanna
09/11/2001, 6:59 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Dundee United...me thinks!!! On loan!!
Yeah that's what I heard, he's not gettin his game either. So, we all voting for Glen "aaaggghh aaaggghhh(sorry ollie)" Crowe then??

pete
14/11/2001, 1:00 PM
Well Roy Keane has failed to make the European Footballer of the year top 50 nominations. Included are the likes of Hasslebank, Hyppia etc....

Link to World Player of the Year has changed to this one (http://www.countrylife.co.uk/worldsoccer/worldsoccerawards2001.html)

At least give an irish player a decent showing?