PDA

View Full Version : Shocking match reports !

Roo69
31/05/2004, 1:34 PM
Do we really want RTE to get involved in TV coverage on the eL if they cant even get simple match reports right ?

"UCD stay top hey were 2nd before this round of matches !) of Division 1 on goal difference thanks to their 4-1 victory over Kilkenny City with Robert Doyle (dont they mean Willie !) grabbing a hat-trick at Belfield Park.

Bray Wanderers came back from a goal down against bottom-of-the-table Monaghan United at Century Homes Park to win 2-1 and keep up the pressure on the Students.

Stephen Murphy grabbed the opening goal for the home side, but goals from Steven McGuiness (fore and surnames spelt wrong !) and Stephen Fox in the second half sealed the points for the visitors.

Finn Harps had an easy 2-0 home win over Dundalk while Galway drew 1-1 with Kildare County (who scored for these teams ???)

Very poor stuff :(

pineapple stu
31/05/2004, 5:09 PM
I was wondering about that! On their top-scorers list, they have Willie Doyle on 5 and Robbie on 3 - I presumed they hadn't updated Willie Doyle's stats, but was wondering where Robbie came into things!

It's utterly ridiculous, especially given the fact that it's usually one journalist at a game who send around a report to any interested papers (Examiner, Star, Mirror, etc), so why they can't tag along is beyond me.

monutdfc
31/05/2004, 9:39 PM
Maybe they're in a time warp - it's been 3 or 4 seasons since Stephen Murphy played for us (of course it was Anto Murphy who scored on Friday last).
Those 'reports' that basically put the results page in longhand are joke, but in fairness to them the premier division reports at least give evidence that they're being related by someone who was actually at the game - ie whether a goal was a header, a free-kick etc. - this didn't used to be the case.