22/02/2011, 4:49 PM
First few fixtures are:

Finn Harps vs Limerick
Limerick vs Salthill
Cork vs Limerick
Limerick vs Longford
Shelbourne vs Limerick
Limerick vs Wexford

Thats a very tough start compared to the last set of fixtures. Waterford at home last game of the season.

All fixtures here (http://btid.net/forums/index.php?/topic/2709-new-fixtures/page__pid__32853#entry32853)

KevB76
22/02/2011, 5:19 PM
First three away fixtures will be tough, great to get started with them on current form though!

Lim till i die
22/02/2011, 5:33 PM
Final Day of the Season:

Limerick v Waterford
Shels v Cork

:eek:

I'd like to think they'll be important anyway although ideally we'll have the league wrapped up before our tricky looking final two games. :)

Just some random thoughts:

Our biggest money spinner Foras at home is down for a Monday. We have Shels, Cork, Harps and Monaghan away twice. :bulgy:

Jofspring
22/02/2011, 6:11 PM
Salthill away on a Thursday as well which is a strange one. Cork and Shels away twice ain't too bad but Mons and Finn harps away twice again this season is a balls.

I presume the following weekend would be the May bank holiday weekend and not the Monday the Cork match falls on. Too lazy to check that out. I still think there will be a decent crowd at it, especially if both teams are near the top.

At the very least hopefully Waterford have the league wrapped up and we only need at least a draw from the game for the second promotion spot :D

Monkfish
22/02/2011, 6:20 PM
Harps travel arrangments being planned as we speak. Only the hardcore need apply. :plane: :cool:

streaker
22/02/2011, 7:10 PM
Harps travel arrangments being planned as we speak. Only the hardcore need apply. :plane: :cool:
everyone is very bullish of limerick finishing in the top two,can,t see it myself,id say4th or 5th would be more relistic between them and longford .harps shels cork waterford fight it out for 1st 2nd and 3rd spots.

Monkfish
22/02/2011, 7:19 PM
everyone is very bullish of limerick finishing in the top two,.

Anyone I know reckons Shels and Waterford top 2 with us fighting for the playoff spot. Anyway how can anyone seriously judge with 0 games played.

streaker
22/02/2011, 7:40 PM
Anyone I know reckons Shels and Waterford top 2 with us fighting for the playoff spot. Anyway how can anyone seriously judge with 0 games played.

only wanted to see what kind of response i would get.Have lims backed 1ooeuro to win the 1st div outright. Good luck to all involved.

Jofspring
22/02/2011, 7:45 PM
everyone is very bullish of limerick finishing in the top two,can,t see it myself,id say4th or 5th would be more relistic between them and longford .harps shels cork waterford fight it out for 1st 2nd and 3rd spots.

Ya pretty much everyone I have talked to thinks Shels and Waterford are favourites with Cork just behind that. Then there is a grouping of Finn Harps, Monaghan and ourselves. Very few people confident we will finish in the top 2 and as Monkfish says 0 games have been played.

only wanted to see what kind of response i would get.Have lims backed 1ooeuro to win the 1st div outright. Good luck to all involved.

Jesus you must be mad. I hope you win a fortune :D

abbeyvale
22/02/2011, 9:33 PM
Ya pretty much everyone I have talked to thinks Shels and Waterford are favourites with Cork just behind that. Then there is a grouping of Finn Harps, Monaghan and ourselves. Very few people confident we will finish in the top 2 and as Monkfish says 0 games have been played.

Jesus you must be mad. I hope you win a fortune :D

Or Stupid

streaker
22/02/2011, 9:59 PM
Or Stupid
Maybe or maybe not,u have to go with your gut feeling.Someone has to win so why not limerick,right now they are as good if not better than most.

Monkfish
23/02/2011, 12:34 AM
.Have lims backed 1ooeuro to win the 1st div outright. .

Better off putting E5 e/w on us in the 2 cup comps. lim til i die reckons we're 50/1 for the FAI.

Lim till i die
23/02/2011, 1:00 AM
lim til i die reckons we're 50/1 for the FAI.

Worth a couple of yoyo, there's only five or six good teams in the whole country, you could conceivably get to the semi finals before you face anyone half decent*

*Or draw Rovers away in Tallaght in second round. :p

harpin
23/02/2011, 9:52 AM
Cork game scheduled for the 19th March on our official website, 18th on Cork's....anyone know the correct date?

thomas72
23/02/2011, 9:55 AM
how are finn harps looking for this season does anybody know??

Jofspring
23/02/2011, 10:03 AM

They look pretty decent. Better than last season anyway I'd say. They are always a very tough team to beat up there and Limerick rarely come away with a result. If we can get a win it will be a fantastic reult to kick start the season. They will take points off most if not all the top teams at some stage over the season and I expect them to be there or there abouts near the top half of the league.

First Prediction of the season:

Finn Harps 2-2 Limerick

harpin
23/02/2011, 10:43 AM
Cork game scheduled for the 19th March on our official website, 18th on Cork's....anyone know the correct date?

It now says the 18th on our website

Neish
23/02/2011, 12:12 PM

I'm alot more confident than I have been in about 3 or 4 seasons. We got Conor O'Grady from Sligo who will add much needed experience to what is mostly young squad, and with Kevin McHugh staying put and Paddy McLaughlin signed we have a strong spine to the squad something we been missing for a long time.

Many Limerick fans travelling up to Ballybofey for this?

Monkfish
23/02/2011, 3:53 PM

LSC will have their usual fellas there, the moaners and whingers only come out for the odd home game.

Sam_Heggy
23/02/2011, 4:30 PM
They look pretty decent. Better than last season anyway I'd say. They are always a very tough team to beat up there and Limerick rarely come away with a result. If we can get a win it will be a fantastic reult to kick start the season. They will take points off most if not all the top teams at some stage over the season and I expect them to be there or there abouts near the top half of the league.

Ye were only 1 of 2 sides to actually beat us at home last season in the league.

Lim till i die
23/02/2011, 4:43 PM

I'll be hyper optimistic and say 40

Ye were only 1 of 2 sides to actually beat us at home last season in the league.

I think we won 2-1 up there the year before aswell.

Before that it was the playoff year when we won one nil.

Before that it was proably in the early 80s sometime!

bluepowers
26/02/2011, 12:10 AM
Prediction : Harps 1-4 Limerick FC

bluewhitearmy
26/02/2011, 1:21 AM
Prediction : Harps 1-4 Limerick FC

This is why no-one ever talks to you about soccer.

bluepowers
26/02/2011, 1:31 AM
this is why i got my last 3 finn harps prediction right ;)

bluewhitearmy
26/02/2011, 11:18 AM
It was 2 and 2 predictions right in about 4 seasons is not good.

Clearly have no clue about Harps they are stong this year and it will be very tough game. They lost twice all of last season at home i think.

Id be more then happy with a draw.

bluepowers
26/02/2011, 5:49 PM
3 points and nothing less the way were playing it was 3 i got home game last years away and year before

bluewhitearmy
26/02/2011, 9:25 PM
Whatever ya say.You do know its friendlies we were playing ya.

I reclkon that anyone that actually knows a thing or two would be quite happy with a draw.

bluepowers
27/02/2011, 4:46 AM
a draw would be disappointing this is the season we need to go to places like harps and win come on the super blues ;)

bluewhitearmy
27/02/2011, 11:48 AM
a draw would be disappointing this is the season we need to go to places like harps and win come on the super blues ;)

This just proves my point that you haven't a clue. We need to go to places like Harps and win ya talk as if they are Salthill or Athlone. They lost twice at home the whole of last season.

Anyone involved in Limerick that knows anything about soccer would be happy with a draw.

Edit: For the record i think we are gonna scrape a 1-2 win but id be more then happy with a draw.

Jofspring
28/02/2011, 3:28 PM
If we can come away with a result from Finn Park it will set a serious marker for us. I expect us pick up full points the following week against Salthill which will make the game in Turners Cross a good one.

If we hope to come away from Finn Park, Turners Cross and Tolka with at least draws and win our home matches then I don't think it will show we have title ambitions. Strangely enough I think Turners Cross is our best chance of a win. I'm not saying Cork will be easy by any means I just think it's a fantastic pitch to play on and will suit the younger lads in our team I think. Won both our games down their last season too.

In saying all that Waterford won 7 of there first 8 games and still missed out in the end so the way the league starts doesn't exactly mean a whole lot.

A good start would be:
Draw
Home win
Away win
Home win
Draw

Sam_Heggy
28/02/2011, 6:17 PM

This made me laugh, albeit we haven't exactly been a super-power in football over the past 2 season, we were a Premier Division side before that (2008) and were promoted the season before (2007)
We have one of the best strikers in the Division. I may be wrong but I don't think anyone in the division has scored more league goals than Kevin McHugh. Tommy Bonner scored 9 goals from midfield last season, a season where we finished 8th.
We have signed a really top midfielder in Conor O'Grady who adds the real physical presence and organisation to our midfield which was sorely lacking last season.
I could go on but it's safe to say, we will be a much more competitive side this season.

nosebleds
28/02/2011, 6:27 PM
a draw at FINN PK would be a result,anything else would be a bonus. It also gives a insight on things to come,especially with harps ranked in the top five.:ball:

osarusan
28/02/2011, 6:30 PM
This made me laugh.I think you've taken it up slightly wrong. We're apparently gunning for promotion this season, so I think the comment about winning in 'places like Harps' is more about our need to get three points from tough fixtures rather than any insult to your team.

bluewhitearmy
28/02/2011, 7:26 PM
I think you've taken it up slightly wrong. We're apparently gunning for promotion this season, so I think the comment about winning in 'places like Harps' is more about our need to get three points from tough fixtures rather than any insult to your team.

No Bluepowers just doednt know very much..Saying we will win 4-1 and that a draw would be a dissapointment proves that.

bluepowers
28/02/2011, 11:26 PM
im just confident over the pre season we have had but thats what i mean if we want to get out off this division we need to go beat teams tuf teams like harps

Im Changing My Prediction To
2-1 ;)

abbeyvale
01/03/2011, 10:58 AM
im just confident over the pre season we have had but thats what i mean if we want to get out off this division we need to go beat teams tuf teams like harps

Im Changing My Prediction To
2-1 ;)

It'll be 1-1

Jofspring
01/03/2011, 12:12 PM
Is Corie Tracey suspended straight away for this game?

.....................Barry Ryan...........................

..C.Tracey.....Purcell.....McCarthy........Frost..

....Breen.......O'Leary......Judge..........Quinn. .

.................O'Flynn.......Sheehan............ .....

Subs:
Cusack
Callaghan
Broughall
White
S.Tracey
Lyons
Hynes

I know the starting formation could probably be played around with there as Scully hasn't been going for 4-4-2 in pre-season but I would be happy with a starting 11 similar to that. Plenty of cover on the bench for most positions too. If Corie is suspended then I'd stick Peter White in there.

Lim till i die
01/03/2011, 3:19 PM
Might be a bit early for Corey Tracy, the other night he was looking for Gary Sheehan to drop deep so he could play one twos with him!! Whereas we all know the job of the full back on Garys side is to bash balls over his head so he can run after them! :p

I'll go:

........................Barry Ryan..............................

Broughall........Purcell..........McCarthy........ Frost
...................O'Leary..........Coleman....... ............
Hynes......................Quinn.................. Sheehan
............................O'Flynn............... ...............

SUBS:

White
C. Tracy
S. Tracy
Calla
Coughlan
Breen
Cusack

A few thought:

Judgie could possibly start ahead of Coleman, he looked well up for it when he came on against Bray and scored a wonder goal. Whichever one of them it is anyway, I'd say their main task will be to follow Conor O'Grady around the field kicking him.
Breen might get the nod ahead of Hynes on account of it being Harps.
That's some bench by Limerick standards!!

Mr A
01/03/2011, 4:46 PM
A 4-2-3-1?

This is division one FFS, be off with your fancy dannery!

nosebleds
02/03/2011, 2:19 AM
limerick going for the jugler

Treaty Gooner
04/03/2011, 11:08 AM
What's the story with Yellow?

Jofspring
04/03/2011, 11:18 AM
What's the story with Yellow?

As in??...........He is signed if thats what you mean.

Treaty Gooner
04/03/2011, 2:03 PM
Is he in the matchday squad? No sign of him in many preseason games.

Jofspring
04/03/2011, 2:11 PM
Is he in the matchday squad? No sign of him in many preseason games.

Ya he doesn't seem to be in around the squad at the moment. Could be injured but I wouldn't be sure. Not sure what squad Scully has gone up with for tonights game.

Castletroy_Blue
04/03/2011, 3:07 PM
Will go for a narrow 0-1 away win to start things off nicely up in Ballybofey, before the 456-0 badgering we give Salthill next week. Stating the obvious, but McHugh will need to be taken care of tonight otherwise things could get hairy.

LFC Blue
04/03/2011, 9:01 PM
Not a bad result atall after trailing twice

LK37oldskool
04/03/2011, 9:08 PM
Stevo got a straight red - gonna be out for next 3 games.Not a bad result.Not too many will get points up there.

osarusan
05/03/2011, 2:33 AM
Sheahan in hospital in Letterkenny with a broken leg.

ForzaForth
05/03/2011, 6:09 AM
As a Youths supporter, shocking news about Gary. Hope he recovers soon.

thomas72
05/03/2011, 9:08 AM
Sheahan in hospital in Letterkenny with a broken leg.

:shock: this is a nightmare and a very costly night no stevo for 3 games and now with gary breaking his leg prob out for 4 or 5 months. can limerick cope without or two first choice strikers??