PDA

View Full Version : Trouble On The Terraces

kevincronin2000
29/05/2004, 11:32 PM
I know this is probabbly the wrong place to post this, but seeing that we experienced this acouple of weeks ago ourselves. There was more trouble from shamrock rovers fans in Longford on saturday night. Apparently around 40-50 started attacking longford fans. WILL SOMEONE HAVE TO BE KILLED BEFORE ACTION IS TAKEN . I don't care the el does not need this scum.

Counting Crow
30/05/2004, 8:24 AM
It's at times like this that I'm glad the media in Ireland ( particularly RTE ) have no interest in our sport.
Can you imagine the damage they would do to the overall game ( because of the Scum ) if they ever decided to go to a game and then witnessed their carry on. Like the press in England they would probably paint all of us with the same brush.

You're right though, KC2000, something really needs to be done with these delinquents. A ban on them attending away games would be a step in the right direction.

When you see how City and W/Ford fans mixed on Friday night with just 3 dopy stewards between us ............ and not a hint of trouble ( in fact the stewards were the only ones likely to cause any bother - thankfully everyone ignored them and they went away :rolleyes: :D )

The LoI should accept that the Munster way is what will continue to attract young people and families back to our game..........not the Dublin way with violence, cops in riot gear and "pigs heads" being thrown at players......!

Dodge
31/05/2004, 10:42 AM
Games in Cork with trouble this year - 1
Games in Inchicore with trouble this year - 0

Games with trouble involving anybody other than Rovers or Bohs in the last 5 years - 0

tiktok
31/05/2004, 11:04 AM
point well made Dodge, but I think we all know who was being referred to.

Dodge
31/05/2004, 11:09 AM
point well made Dodge, but I think we all know who was being referred to.
yeah but I was having a go at the generalisation, not the point.

Enda M
31/05/2004, 11:30 AM

Games with trouble involving anybody other than Rovers or Bohs in the last 5 years - 0
no no the last time rovers and indeed every time they come to longford something happens.last season it was a golf ball trown onto the pitch and a few other such incidents. they are scum and need to eradicated for the sake of the league. there is nothing that can be said in their defence.

dcnags
31/05/2004, 12:27 PM
its a minority of fans. it is unfair to point the finger at all fans as there are mostly genuine supporters. i hate the way they are all summed up as thugs nackers scum etc. If they all were, then we'd know about it with non-stop vicious trouble. But we don't, they have thousands of supporters and its never more than 15/20. Its just simply unfair.

cookie
31/05/2004, 5:50 PM

there was a huge riot at a rams waterford match a couple of seasons ago..

Dodge
01/06/2004, 9:38 AM
there was a huge riot at a rams waterford match a couple of seasons ago..
So the Munster way isn't the way to go...

trevy
01/06/2004, 1:16 PM
So the Munster way isn't the way to go...

Not a huge riot.A slight bit of trouble.Was that the Cup game in St Comans Park about 3 years ago?I wasn't there myself but thats what I heard.No trouble at the game in the RSC the other night between Munster two best teams!

Gandhi
01/06/2004, 2:12 PM
What I don't get is if it is supposedly such a small number of people causing trouble why can't they just be barred from attending Eircom League games? It's not as if there's 40,000 people attending every Shamrock Rovers game. The trouble makers should be easy enough to identify, just identify them, eject them from the ground, and ban them from returning.
Rovers need to get their act together, maybe they are afraid of alienating a lot of their hard core support by clamping down on the minority who are actually causing the trouble, but they would want to sort it out. Likewise the League themselves are guilty of chickening out. Rovers should be told that any more crowd trouble will mean League points docked. Fran Rooney is trying hard to promote domestic football and this kind of d***headed behaviour is being more or less tolerated, ultimately it could undermine all the hard work the likes of Lennox and Rooney are putting in.
I'm not saying Shams are the villains & the rest of us never do anything wrong, but I am saying a minority should not be allowed to wreck things for everyone else. Look at what UEFA are doing by contrast, England have been warned if there's any hooliganism the England team will be kicked out of Euro 2004. I don't want Shams kicked out, I just want the troublemakers kicked out

cookie
03/06/2004, 7:13 PM
Not a huge riot.A slight bit of trouble.Was that the Cup game in St Comans Park about 3 years ago?I wasn't there myself but thats what I heard.No trouble at the game in the RSC the other night between Munster two best teams!

ya your man called grandad got battered,a cop got his arm broke and the waterford busses got their windows smashed in!!

****in brilliant!

pete
04/06/2004, 9:30 AM
If its only a few people causing trouble then all clubs have to take responsibility to control them.