PDA

View Full Version : Dykes quits

pineapple stu
29/05/2004, 9:18 PM
From Aertel -

Following weeks of speculation, Derry City manager Gavin Dykes has resigned
after a 2-0 home defeat at the hands of Drogheda.

Dykes left the Brandywell for the final time after shaking hands with his players in the dressing room.

The Candystripes have failed to find the net in six games and their latest defeat leaves them just two points off the bottom of the eircom Premier Division.

It was ironic that Dykes's reign ended against Drogheda, having started his time in the Derry hotseat against Paul Doolin's side in September, last year.

That's four managers in less than a year now, is it? Mahon, Keely, Dykes and I think there was someone else too?

brandy86
29/05/2004, 9:42 PM
Step in Roddy Collins........
Over my dead body, no way do i want him near the Brandywell!

Slash/ED
29/05/2004, 9:48 PM
Wasn't, of all people, John Aldridge in the running for the job last time? I wonder if he'll be in for it again this time...

A face
30/05/2004, 3:48 PM
Dykes bites the bullet

May 30, 2004

Gavin Dykes announced his resignation as Derry City manager in the wake of Saturday night’s home defeat at the hands of Drogheda United.

The defeat left Derry second from bottom of the table, but it has been the manner of their performance over the past number of weeks that had piled the pressure on their manager.

Read more at www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=11685)

dancinpants
31/05/2004, 1:37 AM
That's four managers in less than a year now, is it? Mahon, Keely, Dykes and I think there was someone else too?

No, the next new manager will make it four in just under a year.