29/05/2004, 8:53 PM
Cobh Ramblers 5 Athlone Town 0

Yelverton X 3
Warren
White

Tony Tynan for Man of the Match

eddieohalloran
29/05/2004, 9:24 PM
A great display by Ramblers tonight. After the initial burst by Athlone to impress their new management team, Ramblers completely controlled this game. Three Goals for the consistent Steven Yelverton and two class goals from a Terry White free and David Warren (my goal of the game) gave Ramblers their best result of the season. Ramblers looked like a top four team tonight and one can only hope that this result will give them the confidence to beat Finn Harps next week end. Very solid team display with exceptional displays from Tony Tynan, David Warren, Steven Yelverton and Eoin Conlon. Well done lads!! :) :ball:

cookie
29/05/2004, 10:50 PM
glad to see this win has even inspired eddie to return to the forum...

great result!

yelve man of the match!

hopefully well beat harps next.

ramblers
30/05/2004, 10:31 AM
The man of the match could have been any of the players on the pitch.

It could have been a far different story only for a few great saves by the keeper in the first half a last ditch tackle by Darren Murphy in the first half.

We need to carry this form throgh the next 3 games were we play Finn harps,Bray and kildare and if we win 2 out of those 3 I for one would be very happy.

cookie
30/05/2004, 1:27 PM
agreed.....

liam88
30/05/2004, 7:25 PM
THERE'S ONLY ONE STEVE YELVERTON!
And only one Cobh Ramblers :D
Well done lads keep it up!

liam88
30/05/2004, 8:47 PM
good to see cobh winning. I'd like to see them get promoted, that way there would be more Cork-Derbys in the season.
Aye I'll second that :D

cookie
30/05/2004, 10:24 PM
so will i.

Rams-fan
31/05/2004, 11:58 AM
Nice to see a bit of life in the Forum. :) It's amazing what a win can do for the fans. :ball:

Lets hope the confidence to take on Harps and win is there nxt week. :cool:

paudie
31/05/2004, 12:06 PM
I saw Cobh against Dundalk a few weeks ago a ye missed loads of chances. Good to see the chances being taken on Saturday.

A win should do wonders for the teams confidence and hopefully it's the beginning of a decent run.

cookie
31/05/2004, 5:43 PM
we could of won 6 or 7 games by this score line if we could finish properly..

come on ramblers!!!!!