PDA

View Full Version : Coughlan back

cobhrambler20
29/05/2004, 1:00 PM
ive heard frm a good source coughlan will be back in training wit city on monday allthough he still has to get his fittness back (few 21 matches comin up) This should sort out ur defensive problems out wenn coughlans at his best ders not much better.
best of luck for the rest of the season sick of dublin teams winen da league.

adamcarr
29/05/2004, 1:15 PM
Great news if its true but Benno has cemented his place in the team! And it will be hard to replace Dan!

Counting Crow
29/05/2004, 1:26 PM
Good to have him back but IMO he will just be a squad player now.

He is not a naturally fit individual so will take ages to get match fit and loose weight etc.

Don't expect him involved for 6-8 weeks.

Nice comments from you Cobhrambler20 - cheers.

adamcarr
29/05/2004, 4:02 PM
If Coleman and Derek signs the Kevin Murray is behind Dan, Beno, Byrne, Coleman & Derek.
Thank God! :D

sullanefc
30/05/2004, 11:56 PM
best of luck for the rest of the season sick of dublin teams winen da league.

Yeah cheers cobhrambler20. I'm also sick of Dublin teams winning the league. Thats why if we don't win the league, I would be happy to see Waterford doing it. Can't see it happening though.

thecorner
31/05/2004, 12:35 AM
Thats why if we don't win the league, I would be happy to see Waterford doing it.

would absolutly hate to see waterford winning the league

gimme derry,longford or drogs anyday if it wasnt to be us, but waterford, no fcuking way :eek:

Colm
31/05/2004, 12:23 PM
would absolutly hate to see waterford winning the league

gimme derry,longford or drogs anyday if it wasnt to be us, but waterford, no fcuking way :eek:

Yeah, Waterford are the last team I'd like to see win it. They'd never let us hear the end of it.

Anyway, it would be embarrassing for the league as a whole to have a small joke of a club like Waterford win it.

liamon
31/05/2004, 12:40 PM
Yeah, Waterford are the last team I'd like to see win it. They'd never let us hear the end of it.

Anyway, it would be embarrassing for the league as a whole to have a small joke of a club like Waterford win it.
Ok, so they'd never let us forget it, but so what?
Isn't that what local rivalry is al about? Wouldn't we do the same?
I'd like to see a provincial club winning it, though I'm not a fan of their style of play.
As for being embarrassing for the league, how many fans do Shels have? A win for a club like Waterford could make a big differnece to their future and would help the league to grow.

Obviously, this is all academic, as Cork City will win the championship this year.

thecorner
31/05/2004, 12:43 PM

so what :confused:

Colm
31/05/2004, 12:46 PM

Aren't their moronic fans insufferable enough as it is?

tiktok
31/05/2004, 12:58 PM
I think the point is that they're our only real rivals, who feel about us as we feel about them.

Some claim Rovers are, but in fairness would they prefer to beat us or Bohs?
Bohs.
Would Waterford prefer to beat CCFC or Bohs, Rovers, Shels?
CCFC, no doubt!

We need that rivalry and the stronger Waterford are, the better it is for the League, and our attendances.
The point that a League win for them would do more for Football in Waterford (and Munster) than any league win for Shels has done for them.

thecorner
31/05/2004, 1:04 PM
I think the point is that they're our only real rivals, who feel about us as we feel about them.

which is why we dont want them to win the league

liamon
31/05/2004, 3:18 PM
Aren't their moronic fans insufferable enough as it is?

I'm sure they think the same about us.

End of the day, it's only football and I don't really care what Waterford fan's say. We're a bigger club and we should be confident enough not to worry about them winning the occasional league. We're going to start monopolising that tropy in the years to come.

Gary
31/05/2004, 5:48 PM
I really hope they survive their annual relaegation battle again. Its good to have a few small clubs with big hearts like Waterford.

Fair play to them for being in the Premier Division.

thecorner
31/05/2004, 6:08 PM
I really hope they survive their annual relaegation battle again. Its good to have a few small clubs with big hearts like Waterford.

Fair play to them for being in the Premier Division.

but would you like them to win the title :eek: