PDA

View Full Version : The Laws of the Game According to Anthony Buttimer

Sheridan
29/05/2004, 11:08 AM
1: If a Dublin City player wins a 50-50 ball against Pats at Richmond Park, he must immediately be punished with a yellow card.

2: When refereeing a Dublin City match at Richmond Park, one must not allow a goal for the away team to stand unless it hits the net (no matter how far over the line the ball manifestly is.)

3: If a Dublin City player wins a 70-30 ball against Pats at Richmond Park, he must immediately be punished with a yellow card.

4: Remember that handball on the goal-line is NOT an offence in such a game, if perpetrated by the home team (whose defenders should also be encouraged to prevent a certain goal by punching the ball away before it can reach an unmarked striker in the penalty area. To make things look good, it is permissible to award a yellow card for this offence, but NOT a red.)

5: If a Dublin City player wins an uncontested ball against Pats at Richmond Park, he need not necessarily be cautioned. But it's still a free-kick.

5: If a St. Patricks Athletic player bundles Cathal O'Connor into the advertising hoardings without touching the ball, there can be no question of awarding a yellow card.

6: It IS however a yellow card offence to point out that Anthony Buttimer is a cowardly **** who should never be allowed near a whistle again unless he becomes a swimming pool attendant (and even then he'd probably blow at the wrong times.)

Maynard
29/05/2004, 8:21 PM
Refereeing was particularly brutal, but, and it's not that easy to say it, we deserved nothing from that game. As soon as Pats re-started from our first goal there was only one team in it. We played apaling football, terrible on the eye and terribly ineffective. I couldn't believe how poorly our supposedly defence-minded 5 man midfield were, we made Pats look like a worldclass side, they are not.
Pats wanted it more, which is almost as worrying as our play.
Considering the good run of form that we're on AND the perfect start we got to the game, I'm left scratching my head as to why we chose our most important game (an obvious 6 pointer) to play the worst football I've seen from any team all year.

I don't deride any pleasure from saying it, but it's the facts of the matter.
Have to at least play 100% better against Waterford regardless of the result.

techs
30/05/2004, 11:35 PM
It wasn't too long ago that Mr Buttimer gave you a dodgy penalty against Bray in the final game of the season and bottled out in giving a few decisions to Bray....My how times have changed...

Sheridan
31/05/2004, 9:38 AM
It wasn't too long ago that Mr Buttimer gave you a dodgy penalty against Bray in the final game of the season and bottled out in giving a few decisions to Bray....My how times have changed...
Quite. (And that, of course, was a crazy penalty decision.) I don't think he's inherently biased against anyone. He's just hopeless.

Roo69
31/05/2004, 11:04 AM

Oh you took the words right out of my mouth ! :p I dont think Dodgy even sums that peno decision up, and not giving us 2 stonewall penos and letting several very rash tackles go. Ah well, these things even themselves out in football, sure it wouldnt give us anything to moan about if refs were perfect ! football would be boring !