PDA

View Full Version : enough is enough

thecorner
29/05/2004, 8:26 AM
last night was the game for fenn to shine but me reckons he has had enough chances

we all gave him time but last night was an utter disgrace
he needs to be dropped,sold or just released and needs a good kick up the hole

no heart,no pride and no passion

just a fcuking lazy b@stard

jofyisgod
29/05/2004, 9:15 AM
That's pretty damning corner, but i've got to say, i am now doubting him.
I have never heard such overwhelming criticism, and not all those people can be wrong.

patsh
29/05/2004, 9:21 AM
I totally agree with you, Corner.
He is possibly the most talented player in our squad, but he wouldn't lift his leg to take a p*ss.... :mad:

If he had made any effort at a tackle at all, he could possibly have prevented their goal.

Drop him NOW, Dolan. :mad:

tiktok
29/05/2004, 10:27 AM
Wasn't at the game last night, but Fenn's been subbed twice in successive games and Dolan has chosen to partner George up front with Flynny on both occasions. If I was Neale, that would send alarm bells sounding.

To be honest, I can't see him being dropped before Doyler is back fit, especially when Flynny is not back to full fitness or sharpness.

I still don't think Fenn deserves the bad press he gets (at least not from what I've seen of him), but I do take the point that last night was the game for a player with a bit of passion to show what he can do, back at a former club and being booed.

Ollie Cahill usually steps up to the mark in that respect. I guess I'm starting to have my doubts.

thecorner
29/05/2004, 10:39 AM
exactly u always raise ur game against your ex team. doubting that fenn could even raise a horn at this stage

adamcarr
29/05/2004, 10:49 AM
To be honest, Fenn did run last night but he was just shocking when he had the ball. What I didnt like was all the abuse thrown at him when(only a minority of the time) it wasnt his fault :rolleyes:

thecorner
29/05/2004, 10:53 AM
To be honest, Fenn did run last night but he was just shocking when he had the ball. What I didnt like was all the abuse thrown at him when(only a minority of the time) it wasnt his fault :rolleyes:

we could all "run" :rolleyes:

Gary
29/05/2004, 12:49 PM
Fair play to the wánkers who were cheering his substitution last night and were giving him the finger.

Fair play to all those who shouted torrents of abuse at him no matter what he did, good or bad.

He didnt have a great game, needs to be dropped, that ill agree, but releasing him, selling him? Sure thats just stupid talk. Remember, it took Dennis Bergkamp/Terry Henry the best pasrt of a season to settle with Arsenal, and Id hardly call them bad players.

One major criticism I would have of Fenn though is his total inability to jump for a header.

City Hero
29/05/2004, 12:56 PM
Some of the abuse Fenn got last night was a disgrace. True he had a bad game (not his first), and true he is a luxury player, but John O'Flynn is definetely being careful not to get injured again, but nobody is screaming abuse at him or demanding that he be substituted.

The botom line is that Dolan picks the team, Dolan decides when to make subs. If you've got a problem, take it up with him, not take it out on our players.

This kind of crap seems to come out every couple of years from City fans (Hartigan, Kabia to name just 2 cases), and is probably coming from the same element.

George must be delighted that he's getting a break!

patsh
29/05/2004, 1:37 PM
Horsesh*t from those who are criticising those who are criticising Fenn.
We have a well paid player in an intense derby game against his old club, and all he does is wander about the pitch like an old woman. Flynnie was very poor last night, but he ran, tackled a bit and put a bit of effort in.
Fenn WON'T make an effort.
Nobody expects the guy to be Thierry Henry, Maradonna and Pele all rolled into one, just go out on the pitch and f*cking TRY. If he had no talent, nobody would expect anything from him, but this guy has the ability to turn matches and win games for us yet does NOTHING..... :mad:

SÓC
29/05/2004, 4:20 PM
I totally agree with you, Corner.
He is possibly the most talented player in our squad, but he wouldn't lift his leg to take a p*ss.... :mad:

If he had made any effort at a tackle at all, he could possibly have prevented their goal.

Drop him NOW, Dolan. :mad:
Then again if Greg didnt mis-hit a free so badly that he couldnt even reach the box none of it would have happened in the first place.

Fenn had a poor game last night but ffs the abuse was shocking. Some people were at it before the game, others were telling him to **** off back to Waterford.

Fenn is a creative type of player who was signed to play upfront with John O'Flynn, you can see how their styles would compliment each other. Only problem is he hasnt been able to play with Flynny yet, just the unfit version of Johno or not at all. As a result Fenn has had no competition for a place, which will all change with Doyler and SOF coming back.

bert
29/05/2004, 5:41 PM
Horsesh*t from those who are criticising those who are criticising Fenn.

I think people are entitled to criticise him, but the abuse last night was way over the top. Giving him the finger and making w*nker signs at him as he is being substituted will achieve nothing.

Flynny was no better, and at times was clearly minding himself.

razor
29/05/2004, 9:50 PM
We have a well paid player in an intense derby game against his old club, and all he does is wander about the pitch like an old woman. Flynnie was very poor last night, but he ran, tackled a bit and put a bit of effort in.
Fenn WON'T make an effort.

I must disagree strongly here. I actually stood up for Fenn last night and nearly got the head bitten off me but what the hell.
Every time he got the ball he had at least 3 Waterford players around him and for every one of those times there was not one other City player available to him to lay it off to. He did his best to hang on to it for as long as he could but eventually he was muscled out of it. Now if theother players on the pitch are not prepared to give him at least one option when he's got the ball, what in gods name is he to do ?
However bad he was last night he was a few miles better than John O 'Flynn who did absolutely nothing.John O'Flynn should have been subbed and George and Fenn put up front together.
Our poor displays in front of goal in my opinion are to do with inadequacies in midfield and not up front, inadequacies Dolan should have resolved by now.

patsh
30/05/2004, 10:09 AM
I have to say those who are sticking up for Fenn are a bit contradictory.
You are all saying that he is a creative player, yet at the same time suggest that he is not playing well because Flynnie is not fit..... :confused:
The suggestion so is that he can ONLY play with John O'Flynn?
If he is so creative, no matter how many players surround him, why hasn't he created anything? Is he is so creative, he doesn't need anyone in particular, he should be able to make things happen.
You also might notice however, that nobody is criticising his skills or talent, its the fact that he is doing sweet f*ck all on the pitch is the problem. All people want is some effort from the guy, and the argument that he is not there to tackle or work is total crap. Everybody has to work on the pitch, not have a player simply hanging around so he can make a few good passes in a game.
In the 13 games he has made maybe 5 or 6 decent passes and scored a few good goals. He has showed flashes of just how good he can be. All we want is some sort of consistent effort from the guy. Not everything is going to work, but look at George, he tries his tricks, a lot of the time they don't work, but he does make things happen by the amount of times he tries. Surely the least Fenn can do is make that kind of effort.

thecorner
30/05/2004, 10:49 AM
us fans dont ask for much

just a pride,passion and effort

started his playing career with city the same time as danny murphy and look at the difference

the man would do die for the fans

a bit of effort, doesnt take much

rebelnorrie
30/05/2004, 12:16 PM
no heart,no pride and no passion

just a fcuking lazy b@stard

DAMN FÚCKING RIGHT,im not one to give players abuse in fact nothinG annoys me more when people do BUT THIS LAZY ****** IS DUE A SEVERE BOOT UP THE LAZY FÚCKIN HOLE OF HIS :mad:

rebelnorrie
30/05/2004, 12:32 PM
Fenn is a creative type of player who was signed to play upfront with John O'Flynn, you can see how their styles would compliment each other.....just the unfit version of Johno or not at all.

yes fenn is creative,we all know that,he has amazing tallent,.....but he's plain lazy moaner who's happy to drop to the ground tryin to get a free instead of fighting for the ball......nobody expects him to be a olympic runner but is it to much to chase a ball that is goin outta play or to track back to tackle......instead he trots around the pitch as if hes on a sunday mornin stroll.....COMPARE HIS EFFORT,HEART AND PRIDE TO THAT OF DANNY MURPHY,both of them are here about the same time and there's a huge sallary difference(not that it matters),danny would happily fúck himself on front of a bus for city

jimmity
09/06/2004, 3:46 PM
so what do u all think now after hes scored 2 in a row?????

patsh
09/06/2004, 6:04 PM
so what do u all think now after hes scored 2 in a row?????
It could be pointed out that from a few reports, he apparently missed some easy chances, and outside of the goal, he didn't seem to contribute much. But if I say that, it will open up a whole pointless debate again. A few other players didn't play very well last night, so its great that he got a great goal, and his contribution was valuable and welcome.

thecorner
09/06/2004, 6:07 PM
it doesnt take a whole lot to score a goal

it takes an awful lot to put a thing called effort