PDA

View Full Version : Anyone able to fix a screen on a laptop?

Magicme
12/02/2011, 3:08 AM
Mine is just about hanging on here and really needs a new one but no one in Monaghan seems to fix them so throwing it out there coz would rather give one of you lot the money than some random company.

Lionel Ritchie
12/02/2011, 8:59 AM
Mines the same Magicme and I've not heard of anyone down here that actually fixes them either. A colleague of mine also has the same problem and (both are Dell Inspiron models btw) his died on it's arse during the week so his problems have now been heightened and expectations lowered to hopes of data retrieval rather than getting the thing back up and running. I'm fetching the external HD to back this yoke up right now and if you've one available I strongly advise you do likelwise.

redobit
12/02/2011, 12:01 PM
House Insurance cover it?

Magicme
12/02/2011, 12:45 PM
Yeah think gonna just have to bite the bullet and buy a new one but have no fricking money.:-( bought the boys one for Christmas so could use theirs temporarily til get sorted I suppose.

dublinred
21/02/2011, 8:45 PM
Ordered one online at Xmas circa e70 easy to fit there is screws under rubber yokes in corner of screen then just slide out and plug in a cable .

http://www.accupart.co.uk/

Good instructions there also.