PDA

View Full Version : New Club

Pages : [1] 2

bluemovie
11/02/2011, 4:33 PM
I'm hearing breaking news on the grapevine that a new club is about to enter the league. I have it on good authority that the new club will be based in County Roscommon and will go by the name Termonbarry City. There's seriously big investment behind this club and the FAI are giving it their full backing. Apparently, the chairman came up with the idea of forming a new football club last Saturday and the FAI are expected to give them the greenlight to enter the league.

The main investor has made millions in Fresh Air sales in recent years. Irish fresh air is highly sought after particularly in smog-afflicted areas such as Los Angeles and Beijing. There's been a lot of debate in the general election campaign about Ireland's ability to become world leaders in "the fresh economy" and, with full government backing, the market is expected to explode in the near future.

The unnamed investor is said to want to give something back to the community where much of his company's fresh air is sourced and sees "the massive untapped potential of Termonbarry" as an ideal location for a League of Ireland club. The proximity to Longford Town and Athlone Town adds to the attraction as it will provide competitive rivalry and 'City' will act as an outlet for midlands League of Ireland football fans who do not already support Athlone or Longford.

The club's main sponsor is rumoured to be the successful vegetable distributor 'Magic' Beans and, despite some reservations from other League of Ireland clubs, the FAI view the new venture as an exciting and sustainable development just when the league needs a boost. Termonbarry are expected to build slowly with youth teams from under 19s all the way down to an elite under fours 'dribblers' squad. However, it is thought that they are to be granted entry into the 2011 First Division due to the insufficient size of Cobh Ramblers' chip van. My source says that they've already offered serious money to Glen Crowe for this season. There's also a chance that one or two big names are coming back from England in order to get in on this exciting opportunity at ground level.

Discussions about the formation of the club are understood to have taken place on Saturday night/Sunday morning in the Purple Onion, Termonbarry after watching one of the most eventful episodes of Match of the Day ever featuring Newcastle's comeback against Arsenal, Everton v Blackpool and Wolves defeating Man U. The soccer-mad mystery investor is thought to have been a Leeds United fan in the past although he confesses to having a childhood affinity with Derby County. He is determined to avoid the pitfalls of other clubs by building slowly although he admits to seeing amazing potential for an Irish team to reach the Champions League group stages by 2015 - the income from which would make the club self-finacing. Although my source says it was difficult to hear over the singing of Garth Brooks songs in the Purple Onion, apparently the new owner is intrigued by the regularity with which Rosenborg qualify for the Champions League and get to play all the major European teams.

While a suitable home ground has yet to be found for this year's matches, it is planned to build a 12,000 seater stadium on the banks of the River Shannon at Sand Street giving Termonbarry City one of the best grounds in the country and affording fans the unique opportunity to travel to games by boat. This will help to attract fans from the entire Shannon region - something which has met with opposition from begrudging teams like Athlone and Limerick (although the FAI have methods to stop these from holding the league back). A temporary club office has been established at The Cardhouse, Termonbarry where a licensing application is being hurried through - although Abbotstown is expected to give City the necessary leeway to develop many aspects.

Personally, I'm really excited by the prospect of this new club even though it may make it much more difficult for my team to win promotion this year. Many lessons have been learned from the failures of Sporting Fingal, Kildare County, Kilkenny City, Dublin City, Thurles Town, Cork United, Brooklyn, Reds United, etc so this wealth of knowledge will surely help the new investors. With the league suffering a major blow after the loss of Sporting Fingal, this clearly makes it the ideal time for an ambitious new project to energise the league and the media have been very receptive to the idea. I'm sure there'll be some negative people on this site though who will scoff and knock the idea. Begrudgers.

Doomofman
11/02/2011, 4:41 PM
Someone has far too much time on their hands

Mr A
11/02/2011, 4:45 PM
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID16050/images/HomerSimpson2%281%29.jpg
Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

SkStu
11/02/2011, 4:55 PM
ive heard the same bluemovie. But FC Porto Fingal was what i heard.

Nesta99
11/02/2011, 5:00 PM
Bluemovie has obviously just got a job with Roscommoin County Council

athloneman
11/02/2011, 5:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hajBdDM2qdg

orielabu
11/02/2011, 5:05 PM
Can I buy shares in this New Club? Sounds like a winner.

peadar1987
11/02/2011, 5:26 PM
Termonbarry Celtic are going to be very unhappy that this new club are being leapfrogged into the LOI ahead of them. A club with such a proud and distinguished history, not to mention arguable the best fanbase in the country should have been in pole position for the slot being given to this plastic franchise club.

Dunny
11/02/2011, 5:38 PM
Wait until BonnieShels sees this!

Jofspring
11/02/2011, 6:29 PM
The sign up to play for Sporting Termonbarry City FC of Roscommon United Co-Op 2011 starts here. Who here can kick a ball properly?

chigg89
11/02/2011, 6:56 PM
haha..i like it!lol

nosebleds
11/02/2011, 8:34 PM
ive heard the same bluemovie. But FC Porto Fingal was what i heard.
any new club,without even thinking,should be cobh rammblers ,they have everthing ready just waiting on the go ahead :cool:

BonnieShels
11/02/2011, 8:38 PM
Termonbarry Celtic are going to be very unhappy that this new club are being leapfrogged into the LOI ahead of them. A club with such a proud and distinguished history, not to mention arguable the best fanbase in the country should have been in pole position for the slot being given to this plastic franchise club.

Pah, Celtic and City... scum of the earth.

Termonbarry Hibs for life!

BonnieShels
11/02/2011, 10:17 PM
Aldo I sense an immense amount of whoosh noises in here...

peadar1987
11/02/2011, 10:25 PM
Pah, Celtic and City... scum of the earth.

Termonbarry Hibs for life!

Hibs? Ah come on! They're the worst team in Termonbarry, and only Termonbarry Alberts have a bigger problem with crowd trouble!

BonnieShels
11/02/2011, 10:35 PM
That may be so. But we have history and honesty. Unlike Celtic we don't have barmen in midfield.

peadar1987
11/02/2011, 11:17 PM
That may be so. But we have history and honesty. Unlike Celtic we don't have barmen in midfield.

So little gratitude after you were allowed to use Termonhead Stadium for those big European nights, back when you still had the terracing. You would never have made that Champions' League quarter final otherwise. To be honest, I think it's just jealousy on your part, every other post you make seems to be an attack on Termonbarry Celtic, our players, or our fans. It's disgraceful!

BonnieShels
11/02/2011, 11:43 PM
That may be the case. But it's a bit rich of a club to go on like that when they're still living off our rent money.
Amateurs!
Always remember every time you look over at the Shannonside Stand that all of those green and white striped jersey wearing people are only there because you're successful now. They'll be back, their only on loan.

Bluebeard
11/02/2011, 11:56 PM
I think it is a ludicrous idea.

Termonbarry City should join up with Termonbarrys City, Alberts and Hibs, and try to enter the Scottish Premier league as Termonbarry United. They could even bring in a couple of the handier Roscommon Co Gaelic footballers. That would be a great way to promote Irish football.

SkStu
12/02/2011, 12:02 AM
Hibs? Ah come on! They're the worst team in Termonbarry, and only Termonbarry Alberts have a bigger problem with crowd trouble!

thats ridiculous! Theres no direct bus from Termonbarry east to Termonbarry west. It couldnt have been Alberts fans.

cheech
12/02/2011, 1:28 AM
The FAI are a joke! Do they never learn?

SwanVsDalton
12/02/2011, 1:44 AM
I heard Cool Dog Athletic are after Termonbarry City for a friendly.....

all drogged up
12/02/2011, 3:30 AM
I hope they're allowed into whatever division the Drogs end up in so that I have an excuse to get down there for some steak in the purple onion. Seriously .. best steak ever

Town Legend
12/02/2011, 3:41 PM
I for one would not welcome any of the Termonbarry teams into the league....just on the basis that they will probably take away the majority of the 50 supporters we have left!!

BonnieShels
12/02/2011, 4:35 PM
You had the opportunity to merge. You didn't take it. Tough.

BonnieShels
12/02/2011, 4:41 PM
The FAI are a joke! Do they never learn?

I think you'll find they always never learn.

sixesandsevens
12/02/2011, 7:19 PM
Tulsk Metropolitans will be awfully dissapponted they didn't get the green light from the FAI

Dan6189
12/02/2011, 8:01 PM
I actually thought this was real till I seen the responces ha

peadar1987
12/02/2011, 10:58 PM
Look at the money these guys are spending! (http://tinyurl.com/4atvm2m) They'll be in big trouble if their sugar-daddy ever pulls out. It's a daft, unsustainable model for a club to be following.

RĂ©iteoir
12/02/2011, 11:08 PM
Dynamo Termonbarry Lounge, Bar & Grill FC have also been approached to enter a team into the League for next season

peadar1987
12/02/2011, 11:11 PM
Dynamo Termonbarry Lounge, Bar & Grill FC have also been approached to enter a team into the League for next season

They'll have to change the name though, as the FAI's secret prior sponsorship arrangement with Pat Grace forbids any team with a food-related name playing in a stadium of over 20,000 capacity.

bullit
12/02/2011, 11:17 PM
Every post a winner :cool:
Thread of the year;)

BonnieShels
12/02/2011, 11:40 PM
Peadar, I doth my cap to thee.

carrickharp
14/02/2011, 11:56 AM
Fair play folks keep it up, I look forward to the trips to this new club it is a sure winner as I hear they now have Ronan Seery involved in the day to day running of the club and Liam Buckley will be the new manager perhaps?

dieseldlk
14/02/2011, 12:20 PM
i hear Seanie is in line for the managers post.

avvenalaf
14/02/2011, 12:57 PM
Peadar, I doth my cap to thee.

And you can doff it as well.

Eminence Grise
14/02/2011, 1:26 PM
Fair play folks keep it up, I look forward to the trips to this new club it is a sure winner as I hear they now have Ronan Seery involved in the day to day running of the club and Liam Buckley will be the new manager perhaps?

Those positions are already filled. I can’t say who the manager is, but expect a dismayed announcement from a regal club based in the Spanish capital in the next 24 hours.... And need I remind you that Mary McAleese retires as Uachtaran this year, and already has a house in Roscommon? (Free dental cover for all first team players too...)

The chairman picked up a scatter of Brazilian former under-age internationals a couple of years back. He brought them over to work undercover in the Dawn Meats plant in Ballaghadereen until he was ready to launch his plan for Champions League domination.

Watch out for their WAG cheerleaders troupe too. They were going to be sponsored by an independent election candidate but the deal fell through when the commercial manager pointed out it was against the Consumer Information Act to call three former Miss Brazil’s Mingers...

carrickharp
14/02/2011, 1:55 PM
As a gesture of goodwill I would like to donate the following funds to the club to secure it's long term future (the FAI have given me the go ahead on this they cant believe their eyes and have asked me for help so I have sent them on my winnings from the Spanish Lottery) as it is such a great idea a donation like this is fitting:

ECO BANK HEAD OFFICE
Address: Angle rue du marchй & rue Grunner - Kpalimй
LOME-TOGO.
WEST AFRICA
P.O. Box: BP.391 Kpalimй
Hours (Weekdays) 7.45am - 5pm
Hours (Sat) 8am - 4pm
http://www.ecobank.com
E-mail// ecoateco@hotmail.com
TEl : +228 0984779

Attention :

This is to inform you that MR CHRISTIAN ADOVELANDE, EBID PRESDIENT for the ECOWAS after having the end of the year meeting in the ECOWAS HEADQUARTER in Republic of Togo instructed to release your Accrued Interest Payment Valued $10.5 Million dollars into your Account and we have tried every thing humanly possible to contact you regarding to this fund since all this day's but we couldn't get you. In respect of this you are advise to act fast and forward all the necessary information required to enable us release your payment without any further delay. You are entitled of pulling ( $5000.00 ) Five thousound dollars per day untill the total amount of $10.5 Million dollars has been finaly withdrawed by you . for confirmation of the Payment through western union in your country,if you contact the herein name for the release of your payment.

Once we receive confirmation mail from you to enable your payment approval ,a new account will be created with us in your name , we are to send to you new pin number as your GOLD CARD number which you will present to any western union agent near your location as your western Union Gold Card information for the transaction already in the database of the Western Union Money Transfer and rooted to western Union in the world in your favour and be informed that this western Union Gold Card can be used in any western Union in the world and any cities in your country and you can get the statement of account outprints showing the balance left of the total fund upon withdrawals in any western Union Center of your choice.

Note, we don't have any time to waste towards your payment, because we have wasted a lot of time by contacting you since all this while and you have only but 3 working day's to receive your payment, otherwise your payment will be canceled, so i am advising you to follow up the instruction as noted to avoid payment cancellation.
Get back to me for the information to confirm your registration by sending you our form which require your full contact address .
I hope to receive a reply from you , congratulation once more.

Thanks and remain bless
Mr Dankwa Tete .

BonnieShels
14/02/2011, 2:09 PM
So that's what was behind that mysterious feeder team set up in Gort there before Christmas.

Also this happened this weekend...

fourfourtwo.com/news/southamerica/73499/default.aspx

Coincidence? I think not.

Wait for the announcement of the Special One's new assistant.

Eminence Grise
14/02/2011, 2:20 PM
Wait for the announcement of the Special One's new assistant.

The smart money locally is on Mara Carfagna, for a bit of Italian flair. Tactically, I think you can see Tarmonbarry playing two up front...

Can't wait for Andy Gray's take on this appointment!

Sam_Heggy
14/02/2011, 2:49 PM
Word is TBCHFC just won the Nigerian Lotto and have approached internationally renowned manager Roddy Collins to lead the club into a sucessful 2 year history. Roddy is quoted as saying "I unearthed these guys long before anyone even heard of them"

bluemovie
14/02/2011, 2:50 PM
I actually thought this was real till I seen the responces ha

I'm taking that as a compliment, thanks.

BonnieShels
14/02/2011, 2:55 PM
If that's the case why was Raica Oliveira's entourage milling about De Barra Park earlier. EG, sometimes I wonder about you with your inability to see the trees from your wood.
:o

We all know that Mara is to relieve Manuela of her Trap duties from Macedonia onwards with Manuela moving upstairs to replace Gavin as League supremo.

Seamless transition is the name of the game.

Eminence Grise
14/02/2011, 3:29 PM
If that's the case why was Raica Oliveira's entourage milling about De Barra Park earlier. EG, sometimes I wonder about you with your inability to see the trees from your wood.
:o

Well, Bonnie, woodn't you?

If Berlusconi falls, Mara may be available sooner than Raica, and as they say in Termonbarry, a bush in the hand is worth... no wait... two birds and a... no, no not that either. Damn these reafforestation schemes anyway... I pine for easier gags...

bluemovie
14/02/2011, 3:47 PM
Word is TBCHFC just won the Nigerian Lotto and have approached internationally renowned manager Roddy Collins to lead the club into a sucessful 2 year history. Roddy is quoted as saying "I unearthed these guys long before anyone even heard of them"

Sssshhhh, you weren't meant to let that slip. There's been some wild speculation about the identity of the new Termonbarry City manager, but most of this is spurious conjecture. I can neither confirm nor deny City's first choice as potential manager, but it is true that he has a remarkable CV with some notable successes in European competition and has NEVER been relegated. The owners were impressed by his shrewdness in scouting an astonishing array of players in the past. A very exciting prospect for the league.

Lads, as you can see from this morning's news, everything is going to plan. Cobh have been denied a licence and the begrudgers further down the Shannon in Limerick have been put in their place - their licence is "conditional" on them withdrawing any dissent about the arrival of this new club. In a very positive move which shows the FAI's level of commitment to Termonbarry, Galway United have been removed from the league. However, while uninformed people have been quick to jump to the conclusion that Monaghan United will be promoted, I can exclusively reveal that the last remaining Premier Division spot will in fact go to Termonbarry City. This morning's announcements only dealt with the Premier, First Division and A Championship licences. A further statement will be made later to confirm that Termonbarry City are the first Irish club to secure a Platinum Licence. This astonishing achievement for the fastest-growing club in the country means that not only will Termonbarry City play in the 2011 Premier Division, but they are also entitled to Sporting Fingal's Europa League spot.

A lot of hard work has been done since Wednesday to secure this licence. Blueprints have been shown to the Independent Licensing Committee which detail a really big changing room for referees, immaculately-painted fencing and Dyson hand-driers in the fans bathrooms (note: there will also be baths in the bathrooms). This level of blueprint has never been seen in Irish football before and, most importantly, all aspects of the licensing application have been written in the correctly coloured pens. The directors also plan to develop a lacrosse team and a duathlon squad. Club media officer Harold Presser-Mayall has revealed that a major promotional push will be instigated throughout the mid-Shannon region (a culturally, historically and geographically distinct area). In an offer that has to be seen to be believed, the first 2000 season ticket holders will be given a free season ticket for the Aviva Stadium paid for by the club's major investor. The FAI have given a warm welcome to this commitment to Irish football.

According to yesterday's Sunday Mirror, several other high profile investors have expressed an interest in becoming involved with the club including Michael Flatley and Gayle Killilea although these rumours are entirely unsubstantiated at present. Meanwhile, City already has some celebrity fans with little-known links to Termonbarry. These include Fianna Fail general election candidate Ivan Connaughton and Irish Times columnist John Waters. Glamour model Claire Tully has indicated that she will attend the team's first training session.

The club are remaining tight-lipped about certain aspects of their plans for sustainability, but I'm told this is perfectly normal at such a delicate stage in negotiations. Many potential sponsors have been considered and Termonbarry City are set to announce a major merchandising deal with world famous sportswear group Emperor Clothing. Jerseys will be available for purchase from the club office at the Cardhouse, Sand Street, Termonbarry. I really can't wait for the season to start!!

brianw82
14/02/2011, 4:24 PM
Any word on who's signing for them? I heard from a bloke in line at the chipper that Faz is being offered some serious money to sign on the dotted line.

Lim till i die
14/02/2011, 4:29 PM
I'm hearing breaking news on the grapevine that a new club is about to enter the league. I have it on good authority that the new club will be based in County Roscommon and will go by the name Termonbarry City. There's seriously big investment behind this club and the FAI are giving it their full backing. Apparently, the chairman came up with the idea of forming a new football club last Saturday and the FAI are expected to give them the greenlight to enter the league.

The main investor has made millions in Fresh Air sales in recent years. Irish fresh air is highly sought after particularly in smog-afflicted areas such as Los Angeles and Beijing. There's been a lot of debate in the general election campaign about Ireland's ability to become world leaders in "the fresh economy" and, with full government backing, the market is expected to explode in the near future.

The unnamed investor is said to want to give something back to the community where much of his company's fresh air is sourced and sees "the massive untapped potential of Termonbarry" as an ideal location for a League of Ireland club. The proximity to Longford Town and Athlone Town adds to the attraction as it will provide competitive rivalry and 'City' will act as an outlet for midlands League of Ireland football fans who do not already support Athlone or Longford.

The club's main sponsor is rumoured to be the successful vegetable distributor 'Magic' Beans and, despite some reservations from other League of Ireland clubs, the FAI view the new venture as an exciting and sustainable development just when the league needs a boost. Termonbarry are expected to build slowly with youth teams from under 19s all the way down to an elite under fours 'dribblers' squad. However, it is thought that they are to be granted entry into the 2011 First Division due to the insufficient size of Cobh Ramblers' chip van. My source says that they've already offered serious money to Glen Crowe for this season. There's also a chance that one or two big names are coming back from England in order to get in on this exciting opportunity at ground level.

Discussions about the formation of the club are understood to have taken place on Saturday night/Sunday morning in the Purple Onion, Termonbarry after watching one of the most eventful episodes of Match of the Day ever featuring Newcastle's comeback against Arsenal, Everton v Blackpool and Wolves defeating Man U. The soccer-mad mystery investor is thought to have been a Leeds United fan in the past although he confesses to having a childhood affinity with Derby County. He is determined to avoid the pitfalls of other clubs by building slowly although he admits to seeing amazing potential for an Irish team to reach the Champions League group stages by 2015 - the income from which would make the club self-finacing. Although my source says it was difficult to hear over the singing of Garth Brooks songs in the Purple Onion, apparently the new owner is intrigued by the regularity with which Rosenborg qualify for the Champions League and get to play all the major European teams.

While a suitable home ground has yet to be found for this year's matches, it is planned to build a 12,000 seater stadium on the banks of the River Shannon at Sand Street giving Termonbarry City one of the best grounds in the country and affording fans the unique opportunity to travel to games by boat. This will help to attract fans from the entire Shannon region - something which has met with opposition from begrudging teams like Athlone and Limerick (although the FAI have methods to stop these from holding the league back). A temporary club office has been established at The Cardhouse, Termonbarry where a licensing application is being hurried through - although Abbotstown is expected to give City the necessary leeway to develop many aspects.

Personally, I'm really excited by the prospect of this new club even though it may make it much more difficult for my team to win promotion this year. Many lessons have been learned from the failures of Sporting Fingal, Kildare County, Kilkenny City, Dublin City, Thurles Town, Cork United, Brooklyn, Reds United, etc so this wealth of knowledge will surely help the new investors. With the league suffering a major blow after the loss of Sporting Fingal, this clearly makes it the ideal time for an ambitious new project to energise the league and the media have been very receptive to the idea. I'm sure there'll be some negative people on this site though who will scoff and knock the idea. Begrudgers.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/didnt_read_lol.gif

SkStu
14/02/2011, 4:34 PM
Any word on who's signing for them? I heard from a bloke in line at the chipper that Faz is being offered some serious money to sign on the dotted line.

Willie Joe Padden and Xano are rumoured.

BonnieShels
14/02/2011, 4:36 PM
I dare anyone to Google Termonbarry now.

RĂ©iteoir
14/02/2011, 4:54 PM
Coincidence that Ronaldo announced his retirement today? I know for a fact he used to go to the same school as Neale Fenn