PDA

View Full Version : What will you Read?

NorthoftheLee
28/05/2004, 11:28 AM
As the echo are city sponsors,do people buy the paper more..

I am currently boycotting the paper due to an article from spillage last year..

Peadar
28/05/2004, 11:39 AM
As the echo are city sponsors,do people buy the paper more..

When I'm at home the echo isn't always available since it seems to be more of a city paper but I have bought it specifically to read Cork City FC news.
If I can't get my hands on a copy I just wait a few hours for xtreme rebel to put the stories up on his site :D

tiktok
28/05/2004, 12:41 PM
I'm usually only in Cork now on matchdays but I would buy it as it does give the club quite a bit of coverage.
Would I buy it on a daily basis were I still living in Cork? Probably not, even taking into account it's the club sponsor.

A face
28/05/2004, 12:43 PM
I am currently boycotting the paper due to an article from spillage last year..

I have aswell since then ... but even before that i avoided it (because of similar articles) ... just exercising my right as a consumer.

jof fan
28/05/2004, 1:22 PM
If I can't get my hands on a copy I just wait a few hours for xtreme rebel to put the stories up on his site :D

And would you prefer that City fans had no site with no news??

I think those involved at corkcityfootie.com do a great job and deserve huge credit for what they do.

GavinZac
28/05/2004, 2:07 PM
And would you prefer that City fans had no site with no news??

I think those involved at corkcityfootie.com do a great job and deserve huge credit for what they do.

i think that was credit right there....

jofyisgod
28/05/2004, 5:20 PM
Well, looking on the online back page of tonights echo, correct me if i'm wrong, but they say we have 16 points and have us down in about 5th. I thought we had 19! Eeejits.

bert
29/05/2004, 5:57 PM
While I agree that Spillage talks through his asre most of the time, I think we should at least be grateful for the amount of coverage they give to City.

I would imagine that the exposure to be had through the Echo as well as that at games had an influence on Nissan's decision to sponsor us.

eoinh
29/05/2004, 5:59 PM
i obviously read the waterford news and star.

and also the dungarvan leader :D