PDA

View Full Version : U21 VS Cyprus

tetsujin1979
09/02/2011, 1:25 PM
Can't find a thread for this, the U21s drew 0-0 with Cyprus, in Cyprus, this afternoon

bwagner
09/02/2011, 1:32 PM
I hope Conor Doyle got a run out. I also hope the Brady lad is not badly injured

paul_oshea
09/02/2011, 1:33 PM
How did James Mccarthy play?

tetsujin1979
09/02/2011, 1:34 PM
sorry, meant to include the lineup in the first post
from http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101542:king-to-assess-debutants-in-cyrpus-friendly&catid=3:under-21&Itemid=11

Republic of Ireland Under-21 probable team:
Richie Branagan (Bury); Richie Towell (Hibernian -on loan from Celtic), Shane Duffy (Everton), Rob Kiernan (Watford), Johnny Dunleavy (Barnet - on loan from Wolves), Mark Connolly (Bolton), Conor Clifford (Chelsea), Conor Hourihane (Ipswich), Aaron Doran (Inverness CT -on loan from Blackburn), Sean Scannell (Crystal Palace), James Collins (Shrewsbury - on loan from Aston Villa).

Remaining squad members: Ian McLoughlin (Ipswich), Enda Stevens (Shamrock Rvrs), Jamie Devitt (Hull City), Conor Doyle (Derby County), Robbie Brady (Manchester Utd), Mikey Collins (APEP FC), Robbie Gibbons (Alki Larnaca).

Brady was ruled out with a knee injury, but he's been playing well in recent weeks for United reserves

paul_oshea
09/02/2011, 1:37 PM
Thats worrying really look at the squad there and the actual clubs they are playing at.

Predator
09/02/2011, 6:36 PM
RTÉ Report (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2011/0209/irelandu21_kingn.html)
Cyprus 0-0 Ireland

Second clean sheet in a row. A definite improvement on Don Givens, there.

Interesting comments about Doyle. Hopefully he enjoyed his experience.
Derby County striker Doyle made a lively contribution and King insisted he will not be putting pressure on the youngster, who is also eligible to play for the USA but holds an Irish passport, to make a swift decision on his international future.
'Conor did well. We don't play competitively again until September,' explained King.
'I've discussed the issue with him and will not be putting pressure on him. There'll be no decision on my side in the short term. I said it was great to see him and that I'd be making no promises to any player. He appreciated that and it is now a matter of taking the time to get the right decision for him and for us.'

Junior
09/02/2011, 8:37 PM
Whats the craic with Owen Garvan these days? Is he injured? too old for U21's now?