PDA

View Full Version : Noel Mooney

Captain
06/11/2001, 11:22 AM
Devine or Mooney for sunday? :confused:

pete
06/11/2001, 11:42 AM
I said last week Mooney deserved his chance but was suprised he played as well.

When he dropped an unchallenged high ball in the first half I remembered the stress involved in watching Noel. He couldn't be faulted for the consolation goal so hes likely to haold his place on sunday.

btw could someone please teach Noel how to kick the ball from his hands. :(

Gerry Desmond
06/11/2001, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by pete
I said last week Mooney deserved his chance but was suprised he played as well.

When he dropped an unchallenged high ball in the first half I remembered the stress involved in watching Noel. He couldn't be faulted for the consolation goal so hes likely to haold his place on sunday.

btw could someone please teach Noel how to kick the ball from his hands. :(

In fairness to Moon he's bound to be a little rusty after nearly 13 months on the line. Give him a few games, see how he's doing then.

He constantly kicks the ball towards the dugout just to remind LM that he's back between the posts. It's premeditated :D He'll soon stop if Murph keeps picking him....

Gerry

Gunthers Mask
06/11/2001, 9:21 PM
I'd say Devine as I think he is better all round than Mooney and boy can he hit the ball up the field

pete
07/11/2001, 9:34 AM
boy can he hit the ball up the field

Devine kicks them too far but straight whereas mooney kicks about far enough but has a nasty slice.

Gerry Desmond
07/11/2001, 9:45 AM
Originally posted by pete

Devine kicks them too far but straight whereas mooney kicks about far enough but has a nasty slice.

Quick coaching tip for Noel: Aim for the OPPOSITE sideline and the nasty slice will take it straight up the middle at just the right distance... :D

Gerry

pete
07/11/2001, 9:50 AM
Originally posted by Gerry Desmond

Quick coaching tip for Noel: Aim for the OPPOSITE sideline and the nasty slice will take it straight up the middle at just the right distance... :D

Gerry

Maybe city might send him down to the local golf pro for a few tips? keep his head down, eye on the ball...that kind of stuff......

Captain
07/11/2001, 12:13 PM
Devcine has done more blunders this season than Mooney did in his whole City career so far. Would someone please inform Micko that Barthez stilled performances are not appreciated. What does the man want a kiss on the head. :(