PDA

View Full Version : 2011 season

rocket
04/02/2011, 2:44 PM
The start of season is fast approaching so i tought id start this thread to see what peoples expectations were for the coming months. Personally im optamistic that our young but now more experienced squad can avoid an end of season relegation scrap,and finish a couple of places above all the madness. A years experience under our belts, plus the fact we have kept almost all of last years squad really leaves us a lot better prepared than this time last year. I think 6th in the league and a nice run in the cup will do me. Good luck to Pat, Keith, and all the lads.

BrayUnknowns
04/02/2011, 5:43 PM
The start of season is fast approaching so i tought id start this thread to see what peoples expectations were for the coming months. Personally im optamistic that our young but now more experienced squad can avoid an end of season relegation scrap,and finish a couple of places above all the madness. A years experience under our belts, plus the fact we have kept almost all of last years squad really leaves us a lot better prepared than this time last year. I think 6th in the league and a nice run in the cup will do me. Good luck to Pat, Keith, and all the lads.

Hopefully your right, but i still think we are a little short up front, need a good experienced striker to add to the youth we have. Also heard we are going back to Adidas and stripes, please let it be true :D

Captain2007
06/02/2011, 7:33 PM
Devo's squad should be better for the experience of surviving the relegation battle last season, I think with so many other clubs having to cut their cloth to their measure gives Bray an equal chance to improve their position this season, youth policy was a success last season and after resigning all but one from last season I am looking forward to kick-off, onwards and upwards hopefully...

peadar1987
07/02/2011, 3:08 PM
So what sort of a line-up are we looking at?

Gregg
Doyle...Prendergast...O'Connor...Webster
Mulroy...Shields...G Kelly...Massey
J Kelly...O'Neill

Bray-Z
07/02/2011, 3:52 PM
Gregg.
Webster...Mitchell...Prendergast...Massey
Zambra...Dempsey...D O'Connor...J. Kelly
S. O'Neill...Shields.

Subs: Kane, Houston, S. O'Connor, G. Kelly, Shaw, D. Doyle, Mulroy.

Actually looking at that bench I'd be happy to see any of them in the first team, its tough!!

rocket
07/02/2011, 5:04 PM
Gregg
webster prendergast d o connor massey

g kelly s brennan dempsey j kelly

o neill shields

happy enough with the lads on the bench aswell, stiff competition for places . Anybody going to make predictions as to how were going to do this year.

notever
11/02/2011, 4:22 PM
I also hope its back to stripes as I feel stripes is the real Bray gear so hopefully its true.

naoise kennedy
11/02/2011, 5:39 PM
Next friendly is tuesday,, does any know if there will be an admission charge since its at home and at night..

Roo69
12/02/2011, 2:13 PM
I also hope its back to stripes as I feel stripes is the real Bray gear so hopefully its true.

Yep it's back to stripes for Wanderers this year, love Adidas :D

I would be pretty sure there is a charge in for the Friendly match Naoise, all clubs charge in AFAIK

tippex
13/02/2011, 5:48 PM
Hi,

The game against Monaghan on Tuesday is off.

Tip.

peadar1987
13/02/2011, 5:53 PM
Hi,

The game against Monaghan on Tuesday is off.

Tip.

Ah, I was looking forward to that. Any idea why?

naoise kennedy
14/02/2011, 2:26 PM
Ah, I was looking forward to that. Any idea why?

Is there a ruling that a premier club cannot play another premier club in a pre season friendly.. therefore our match was cancelled yesterday as a result of this rule.???

Seagull
14/02/2011, 6:07 PM
Is there a ruling that a premier club cannot play another premier club in a pre season friendly.. therefore our match was cancelled yesterday as a result of this rule.???

Mons have already played Dundalk and Shamrock Rovers. However, you could be right as the licences were decided on Sunday...

Roo69
15/02/2011, 11:09 AM
I'd say the weather was a factor, it's done nothing but rain for the past week so playing on the pitch would mave destroyed it

peadar1987
15/02/2011, 11:15 AM
I'd say the weather was a factor, it's done nothing but rain for the past week so playing on the pitch would mave destroyed it

Good point, it probably took weeks for the big trail of boot prints I left on the field after the last Monaghan game to disappear!

Seagull
19/02/2011, 7:13 PM
Decent enough game in Waterford today, 2-2. Mulroy scored inside the first minute and Wanderers had the best of the first half, but Waterford equalised around the half-hour. A slew of changes at the break seemed to hand the momentum to Waterford for the second half. Kane made three great saves to keep Bray in the game. It needed a Jake Kelly peno to earn the draw after Dempsey's free was handled by the wall. Thought Graham Kelly was our best player. And our last substitute? Colm Tresson! Bray starting XI: Gregg, Webster, Massey, Prendergast, Mitchell, G. Kelly, Dempsey, Doyle, J. Kelly, Shields, Mulroy.

Good match report here: http://www.waterford-united.ie/blues-v-bray-latest/

Seagull
22/02/2011, 1:58 PM
Seems the Monaghan friendly has been rearranged:

Monaghan United will, after all, take on Bray Wanderers for a pre-season friendly this Sunday 27 February.

The match will take place in Westmanstown, Dublin with a 12 noon kick-off.

Hulsey
22/02/2011, 4:56 PM
Anyone got any ideas where that is. Im off work so might head along

Roo69
22/02/2011, 5:50 PM
Anyone got any ideas where that is. Im off work so might head along

Dublin 15, off the Navan Road, i think it could be were the Gardai play

Hulsey
22/02/2011, 6:15 PM
Cheers roo. Now just have to convince/guilt someone into driving out ;-)

naoise kennedy
22/02/2011, 6:47 PM
Dublin 15, off the Navan Road, i think it could be were the Gardai play

just on the back roads around lucan, up the road from the kids ' fort lucan' it is the garda place,,

Seagull
26/02/2011, 5:45 PM
Very worrying defeat to 10 man Limerick last night, we bossed the possession but they were content to let us pass it around in the middle third of the pitch. In the final third we looked very lacking and you wonder where the goals will come from. Still, pre-season games can be deceptive so we look forward to next Friday with hope. Best of luck to Limerick for their season, they've had some good pre-season results. Match report here: http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12447/2/

Grey Boy
27/02/2011, 6:31 AM
Ah sure it's only a friendly. I was beginning to lose the run of myself with optimism. Struggle/Flirt with relegation it is so.

dublinwanderer
27/02/2011, 1:48 PM
Bray 0-0 Monaghan

Brutal game on a crap pitch out in Westmanstown. No side looked like scoring, Bray had more of the ball and prob had the better half chances but that was it...

Bray team was - Gregg; Doyle, Mitchel, Last, Kendrick; Graham Kelly, Gary Dempsey, Danny O'Connor, Jake Kelly; Shields; O'Neill.

Subs were, Zambra, Massey, Kane, McGuinness, Murphy, Mulroy and a few others i didnt know...

Martinho II
28/02/2011, 11:57 AM
has joe kendrick joined ye again this season lads??

tippex
28/02/2011, 12:08 PM
has joe kendrick joined ye again this season lads??

He's been trainging with us for a few weeks now but nothing from the club to say he has signed.

Bray-Z
28/02/2011, 6:59 PM
They're going to sit down with Kendrick in the next few days and they hope to sign him.

Bray-Z
28/02/2011, 9:28 PM
They're going to sit down with Kendrick in the next few days and they hope to sign him.

And by 'the next few days' I obviously meant that they had already sat down with him and would be announcing his signing tonight: http://braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1189