PDA

View Full Version : Political ads

Dodge
04/02/2011, 1:33 PM
Doesn't bother me but I know it will bother some. Currently plenty of political ads on the site. Current one is for FF

dahamsta
05/02/2011, 9:52 AM
I've seen the FG one. I don't have a problem with it, I think they have as much right to spend their money on your clicks as anyone else. :)

Macy
08/02/2011, 1:21 PM
Current one is for FF
They have to pay per click don't they? Is it each independent click or just each click even if it's multiple clicks from the same machine?

dahamsta
08/02/2011, 1:44 PM
It's PPC, but multiple clicks from the same machines could be identified as click-fraud and discounted. They're quite good at it*, I used to click ads I was actually interested in for a while when I first started using them and I got a firm slap on the wrist for it shortly afterwards. That's why when people complain about ads, I have to ask them to click through to find the target URL, so I can block it.

* Actually they don't have to be good at it to prevent this, since they have my browsing / AdSense login cookie and/or IP and can compare that to the cookie and/or IP I use to click ads. So it'd be more accurate and pedantic to say that I've heard they're good at it. :)

Macy
08/02/2011, 1:53 PM
Makes sense for you as site owner, but what about the rest of us? How much is the charge per click? ;)

dahamsta
08/02/2011, 1:54 PM
Makes sense for you as site owner, but what about the rest of us? How much is the charge per click? ;)

It varies, I don't and will never know. It's why I'd always prefer to run locally-commissioned campaigns.