PDA

View Full Version : League of Ireland v A League

northwestexile
03/02/2011, 10:01 PM
With 3 League of Ireland players having gone to Australian state league clubs in the off season and Jason Gavin playing in the Western Australia league I was wondering if anybody knows what the standard of these leagues are like. I have been watching the A-League for the last 2 seasons and I feel that Shelley could make it quite comfortably. Ex Sligo Rovers and Drogheda United player Adam Hughes has been playing with Adelaide United the last few seasons and was playing in the Asian Champions League so I don't that it is beyond him. I haven't seen enough of Kearney or Sharkey to make a judgement. By the sounds of it in the article below it was more of a lifestyle choice though.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/news/local/sport/waterskiing/red-devils-import-brian-shelley-here-to-stay/2065340.aspx?storypage=2

legendz
03/02/2011, 10:18 PM
Isn't Adam Hughes the player that ballooned the ball over the bar against Dynamo Kiev?

DUFC4life
03/02/2011, 10:32 PM
Yes, Yes he fecking was....:cry:

poster
03/02/2011, 11:26 PM
He had a flashback of slipping in the shower before we played Drogs back in '07. Funnily enough, I don't think he played too much for us after that.