PDA

View Full Version : Unity Cup Info

gustavo
26/05/2004, 5:39 PM
from davros

This is as follows;as I found out earlier

NO direct trains;Cent.London-Charlton on Sat.for Nigeria game!
Trains run from Charing X/London Bridge,as far as either Blackheath or Deptford.Then approx.4 buses an hr.Train co's est.a.min.extra 30mins.to Travel times!

Spoke to organisers & suggest fans go to Cutty Sark/Greenwich DLR(also accessible by river ferry cruisers-max.of hrly.service;journey time 1hr.15min.from Westminster Pier-Greenwich).

Then take Buses;53,54,161,177,180,422,472,486
(unsure which exactly go Greenwich(down Woolwich Rd.)-Charlton-Dist;3km.).
All pass The Valley....check www.tfl.gov.uk or ph.02072221234 for exact route details!

Tickets should be available from The Valley on the day,acc.to the asst.manager there.
People should ph.02083334010;Open 8am-6pm(Fri.,Tues-Weds.),better to buy direct in person,as avoids the need for booking fee,postage etc.

Have sold approx.15000 tickets for Sat.;Est.crowd is 15-20k.
& 10000 tickets for Weds.;Est.crowd.is 10-15k.

With reference to pubs,something of a beer desert;Am happy for people to PM me re.questions...as don't want to post on MB's just now!
Thanks!

supasparx
26/05/2004, 9:04 PM
I have friends trying to buy tickets for Saturday, the North stand is sold out.

Any idea what other stand Irish supporters will be in?

Daxion
28/05/2004, 4:56 PM
The Irish Post has now finalised details of its post match function to be held on Saturday 29 May after the Nigeria game.

It was originally intended to hold this event at Chartlton Athletic's ground but it was not possible to do so.

The event will now take place at:

Woolwich Catholic Club
81/88 Beresford Street
Woolwich
SE18 6BG.

The Club is open all day, although the hall will not open until 6.00pm. The venue is about 10 minutes from the ground. Bar closes at 12.30am.

There will be a live band ( Hungry Grass-South London finest Irish band) plus buffett included. Tickets will be £10.00 per person.

Numbers are limited to 300

gypsydownunder
03/06/2004, 3:16 AM
Dax,

How's it going? How did you go at the Landn games? Off to Holland?

Daxion
03/06/2004, 7:59 PM
Dax,

How's it going? How did you go at the Landn games? Off to Holland?

Hi "b" am fine, new email address, see profile.
Was @ both games, the nigeria game Cr*p Mc"fail" was woeful, the whole team just did not perform, and Mr Kerr laid a blame on the pitch, which was dreadful, some 29 matches played on it since season end. Weds game was better, Kavanagh took his 1st senior goal v.well. Better atmos. Pitch still woeful.

Off to Holland on the Eurostar Friday, last one until work situation sorted

D.

gypsydownunder
03/06/2004, 11:24 PM
Have loads a laughs in clog land.

A member of the 16 club? Ehhh. Pretty impressive.

Can't be too many of those. I'll have to settle for the slightly less exclusive 14 club. (although I substitute Italy94 and Spain02 with the inglorious play-offs of Anfield and Heysel it's a 16 club of sorts).

Seem either of the Berns lately. Or App?