PDA

View Full Version : Unity Cup info

gustavo
26/05/2004, 6:37 PM
Unity Cup info
from davros

This is as follows;as I found out earlier

NO direct trains;Cent.London-Charlton on Sat.for Nigeria game!
Trains run from Charing X/London Bridge,as far as either Blackheath or Deptford.Then approx.4 buses an hr.Train co's est.a.min.extra 30mins.to Travel times!

Spoke to organisers & suggest fans go to Cutty Sark/Greenwich DLR(also accessible by river ferry cruisers-max.of hrly.service;journey time 1hr.15min.from Westminster Pier-Greenwich).

Then take Buses;53,54,161,177,180,422,472,486
(unsure which exactly go Greenwich(down Woolwich Rd.)-Charlton-Dist;3km.).
All pass The Valley....check www.tfl.gov.uk or ph.02072221234 for exact route details!

Tickets should be available from The Valley on the day,acc.to the asst.manager there.
People should ph.02083334010;Open 8am-6pm(Fri.,Tues-Weds.),better to buy direct in person,as avoids the need for booking fee,postage etc.

Have sold approx.15000 tickets for Sat.;Est.crowd is 15-20k.
& 10000 tickets for Weds.;Est.crowd.is 10-15k.

With reference to pubs,something of a beer desert;Am happy for people to PM me re.questions...as don't want to post on MB's just now!
Thanks!

Barna Bee
26/05/2004, 11:05 PM
With reference to pubs,something of a beer desert;Am happy for people to PM me re.questions...as don't want to post on MB's just now!
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Completely agree , Greenwich looks like the best place to go for prematch drinks

Sullivans , The Gypsy Moth and if the weather is fine , it's pretty nice there too.