View Full Version : 10 Years Ago Today

SkStu
28/01/2011, 4:06 PM
6A5S4KorpE0

never gets old.

:ball::ball:

OwlsFan
31/01/2011, 8:43 AM
Amazing result ok. Bohs still in existence?

Rasputin
31/01/2011, 11:23 AM
Great watch, heard about the game, never saw the goals.
I can only imagine what it was like to be there.

SkStu
31/01/2011, 3:42 PM
Amazing result ok. Bohs still in existence?

yes we are. Sheffield Wednesday?

freezing, depressing, joyous. At half time, the notorious boo boys were calling for Roddy to be sacked... funny how things can change in the space of 45 minutes. Definitely the catalyst for us to push on and win the foot and mouth league title. Now we are more foot in mouth!

dfx-
31/01/2011, 11:11 PM
Video freezes for me at 4-1. Wonder how it finished - I can never recall...

Unimaginable definitely.

mypost
31/01/2011, 11:35 PM
The best first half ever. We haven't scored 4 by half time in the fixture since.

Schumi
31/01/2011, 11:58 PM
The best first half ever. We haven't scored 4 by half time in the fixture since.I don't blame you after that.

OwlsFan
01/02/2011, 8:35 AM
yes we are. Sheffield Wednesday?

Yes, thanks to a Serbian!

I heard Bohs can't put out a team in the Setanta Cup so while the question was something of a wind up, there is an element of truth in it :(

Dodge
01/02/2011, 8:40 AM
Bohs'll be fine. Just Fenlon scaremongering.

Same day Pats won 4-0 down in Cork. Derek Mountfield was sacked at half time apparently. Don't remember seeing the goals of the Bohs game before

pineapple stu
01/02/2011, 12:25 PM
Same day we won 1-0 against Kilkenny in a cold, dull Premier Division game. Robbie Martin scored his first goal; one of the teams (can't actually remember which) skied a penalty rebound out of the ground. Remember the score being called out over the tannoy.

Funny how so many can remember where they were that day.

historynut
02/02/2011, 2:16 PM
In respect of the terraced banking, what was the capacity of Santry Stadium

OwlsFan
02/02/2011, 5:41 PM
3k maybe. Never felt anything like home, especially to someone such as me who lived only a few miles away from Milltown and who passed the place going to work everyday. Still do and the monument. Tallaght is great though because the club has a new fanbase and still isn't too far away from the original catchment area for Rovers fans, although it is a bit of a walk from Ringsend for some ;)

SkStu
02/02/2011, 6:17 PM
more of a pilgrimage from there OF, id have said. Clever disguise by the way although i was wondering why a Wednesday fan would have taken such a dig at us... ;)

dfx-
03/02/2011, 12:20 AM
Funny how so many can remember where they were that day.

Generally people only remember things like that on dark days for humanity - assassinations, Sept 11, Bohs victories etc etc

:)

Spudulika
06/02/2011, 8:13 AM
I remember this game, purely for the fact that it seemed dead and buried by half time with Roddy gone. Interestingly, on the man, I heard him a couple of weeks back on Newstalk (Panel show) saying that he'd only ever managed 4 clubs. Bohs, Bangor and Carlisle. Now, maybe it's just me, but I thought he'd been with more clubs. Maybe he just couldn't bring himself to mention Rovers or Floriana, or Cork for that matter :-) (he was only a "consultant" at Dublin City).

SkStu
07/02/2011, 4:47 PM
Roddy? revisionist? Surely not!! :D

Spudulika
08/02/2011, 5:49 AM
Well, thoughtful at best :-) I just wonder if he's forgotten how to count.