PDA

View Full Version : West Ham rant

Angus
26/01/2011, 9:33 PM
I have been doing this thing now since 1974 and it is getting old. How is it feasible that for night on 40 years a side that has had 10 managers, a couple of hundred players, multiple owners and directors, has the same old failing ?

Gutless spineless clueless stuff in the second half. And how any side with 2 players as bad as Zigic and Jerome can stuff us out having been 3-1 down

Yes I get that we will never be any good and 1986 aside will never challenge for the league but the least you can expect is not having to watch Luis Boa Morte's attempts to keep the ball in the same post code as from whence it arrived at his feet

Beyond belief. I could look the other way in 2006 in the Cup Final and during that season for a period of 4 months in the middle we played like men. Reo Coker was flying, Hayden Mullins playing out of his skin and Deano looked sharp up top. Cue everyone thinking they were great, Baby Bentley's all around and next thing Pards is gone and we have signed Nigel Quashie.

If it was a job or a woman you would be long gone as being bad for your well being - but you cannot change your bloody football team

Kill. Me. Now.

Lim till i die
27/01/2011, 12:56 AM
Always struck me as a posers club to be honest, style over substance, no bottle, typical cockernees really.*

A poor mans Spurs if you can imagine such a thing. :bulgy:

*I realise I went into full blown cliche mode here but you know what I mean! :)

Spudulika
27/01/2011, 5:44 AM
Lim, you don't know the real West Ham. I began following the club because of one of the hardest yet skilful defenders ever to grace the field - Billy Bonds. Alongside him you had Frank Lampard Sr, one of the toughest men in the game. West Ham could always play football, get stuck in yet they continually fell down by trying to finesse the ball into the net. The problem landed in by people thinking the club could challenge for the league. Championship yes, but the top sky league, no chance. A traditional West Ham season as to be top 3 at Christmas, then comfortable mid-table/lower half by the season's end. IMO the owners went for a pliable goon with a track record of being the same, plus that he's a co-religionist for Gold makes it more fun. The owners want West Ham to drop, they'll get rid of high earners and build, or drop another division, as they did with Birmingham. It's going to be a bleak few years.