PDA

View Full Version : I love it when....

Pages : [1] 2

DeLorean
24/01/2011, 1:42 PM
Aplologies if there is a thread similar to this already set up. Just thought it might be nice to get a bit of positivity going, to counteract the likes of 'Behaviour which needs to be Banned' and the general wave of disgruntlement bringing everybody down. I'll start....

I love it when....

....I get a roll to be made up at a deli counter and it's still hot from the oven!

....I'm expecting about a grand back from revenue but those kind folk give me €1400 instead!

It's been a good Monday!! (although I did miss out on tickets for the Europa League Final at the Aviva, I'll look at it as another financial bonus though:)).

Lev Yashin
24/01/2011, 1:46 PM
I was going to start a thread called "it's the little things" about things that make you happy aside form the obvious...

Beat me too it

Anyway

I have a four door car but no kids so the back doors rarely get used, so when i do open them the doors sticks to the rubber slightly and give a very satisfing whooosh kinda noise...

Lovely!

John83
24/01/2011, 1:57 PM
...a plan comes together.

DeLorean
24/01/2011, 2:20 PM
I have a four door car but no kids so the back doors rarely get used, so when i do open them the doors sticks to the rubber slightly and give a very satisfing whooosh kinda noise...

I'm the same but I'd open them regularly enough to throw in shopping or whatever. Might start using the boot to get some of the whooosh action every so often!

It is great not having kids though!

Bluebeard
24/01/2011, 2:56 PM
... Someone sets up a positive "little smiles" thread like this one.

Magicme
24/01/2011, 5:23 PM
My son gets a hamper of retro sweets....gobstoppers...yummmm.

poster
24/01/2011, 5:43 PM
When Jim Lauchlan takes his top off after a game.

SkStu
24/01/2011, 5:48 PM
...cars flash their lights to warn of cops ahead.

...i put fresh sheets on the bed. The effort is worth it.

PartySaint
24/01/2011, 6:53 PM
when I go to get a bus and it comes straight away

thischarmingman
24/01/2011, 7:22 PM
New socks.

The cup of tea after my shower after coming back muddy and cold from football on a Sunday morning.

OwlsFan
25/01/2011, 3:10 PM
..I am watching Soccer Saturday and Jeff Stelling says "there's been a goal at Hillsboro but which way has it gone" and it's for the homeside. A rare treat.

..I have time to sit down in front of the telly and watch a one day cricket international from first ball to last.

..Andy Gray gets in trouble for slagging off an Official. Never happened before.

Paddyfield
25/01/2011, 6:55 PM
I LOVE IT WHEN:

- My kids run to hug me when I get home from work

- I am not hungover on a Sunday morning despite having a feed of drink the night before.

- I beat traffic jams with my secret short cuts

- My farts are silent and odorless

Cuyahoga
25/01/2011, 7:32 PM
when looking through an an old pair of trousers I find a fiver crunched up in the back pocket.

shantykelly
25/01/2011, 8:11 PM
getting your work done and being able to go early, without anything nagging away at the back of your mind. especially on a friday.

osarusan
25/01/2011, 9:51 PM
...when I wake up feeling wrecked but thinking I have to get up, then notice it's really early and I can sleep for another few hours.

Once or twice, I've actually set my alarm on my days off to allow this to happen.

Magicme
25/01/2011, 11:37 PM
I go to my son's parent teacher meeting and get told he is practically an accounting genius and on track for loads of great grades in next year's leaving cert.

My son's economic teacher is hot! (Bothers me that he plays county gaa though).

My son and I talk for hours about his future careers and choice of uni.

My younger son's English teacher (same guy as older lad's economic teacher) tells me how incredible my son's poem was even though his p/t meeting isn't for a few weeks.

a dumbass loser like me can look at my life and say my greatest achievement is raising 2 amazing, smart, kind, mannerly, well adjusted young men, on my own without anything from their deadbeat dad. kinda proud of them in case you haven't noticed.

strangeirish
25/01/2011, 11:47 PM
a dumbass loser like me can look at my life and say my greatest achievement is raising 2 amazing, smart, kind, mannerly, well adjusted young men, on my own without anything from their deadbeat dad. kinda proud of them in case you haven't noticed.You're far from a dumbass loser my cyber friend.

Magicme
25/01/2011, 11:53 PM
You're far from a dumbass loser my cyber friend.

Thanks but I feel I am coz I have given career opportunities up, moved back to a one donkey town, not travelled like I want to, have no prospects and no adventure but did it all for my boys so they are the only thing I have done right in my life. But any mug can raise kids.

Lev Yashin
26/01/2011, 6:34 AM
Thanks but I feel I am coz I have given career opportunities up, moved back to a one donkey town, not travelled like I want to, have no prospects and no adventure but did it all for my boys so they are the only thing I have done right in my life. But any mug can raise kids.

Any mug can have a kid but not every mug can be a parent...

SwanVsDalton
26/01/2011, 10:22 AM
...coming out of a job interview/exam/stressful measure of character and knowing you've just nailed it.

...the satisfying crunch of a gel pen on a brand spanking new jotter pad.

Lev Yashin
26/01/2011, 11:05 AM
Going into the toilet at work do your business and they have just been cleaned...

an ice cold toilet seat for that matter...

passinginterest
26/01/2011, 11:55 AM
Going into the toilet at work do your business and they have just been cleaned...

That really is one of those great little pleasures in life.

Onefootednopace
26/01/2011, 12:02 PM
....it's Springtime. I'm sick of going to work in the dark. Roll on the brighter mornings and the long evenings.

Wolfie
26/01/2011, 12:38 PM
The now rare, novelty like days, when there's just a pub, a juke box, a few old mates, a bit of banter and all day to get drunk.

pineapple stu
26/01/2011, 2:16 PM
....it's Springtime. I'm sick of going to work in the dark. Roll on the brighter mornings and the long evenings.
Seconded, with the note that I love the nights getting shorter too; bit of atmosphere about the evenings. You'd get tired of one or the other all the time.

Paddyfield
26/01/2011, 6:20 PM
Any mug can have a kid but not every mug can be a parent...

A few weeks before I became a parent for the first time, a friend of mine gave me similar advice albeit alcohol fueled

"Any arsehole can be a father but it takes a real man to be a Dad"

sligoman
27/01/2011, 7:53 PM
I throw onions or something on the pan and they start making a sizzling noise.

gustavo
28/01/2011, 11:06 AM
Dog on the pitch

tetsujin1979
28/01/2011, 11:31 AM
Dog in school, particularly if it's a big dog, like a St Bernard or a Pyrenean mountain dog

passinginterest
28/01/2011, 11:33 AM
This thread has gone to the dogs...

Onefootednopace
28/01/2011, 11:56 AM
...it's Friday !!!

Lev Yashin
28/01/2011, 12:08 PM
When your thinking about going for a pint and you get a text asking you if you fancy one....

Dilemma over!

Magicme
28/01/2011, 12:17 PM
You finally get some direction in your life and have a plan of action. Need to brush up on my French over next 2 years.:-D

Hitman
28/01/2011, 12:36 PM
You finally get some direction in your life and have a plan of action. Need to brush up on my French over next 2 years.:-D

Monaco-han United?

MMVIII
29/01/2011, 4:39 AM
...when you take a dump and you don't have to spend forever cleaning it.

Magicme
29/01/2011, 6:55 PM
When Tesco sell chateauneuf-du-pape for €10. Yummy. Just opened a bottle of it. Nice.

poster
30/01/2011, 1:38 AM
Any time I ask Sligoman to go for pints he says no :(

Magicme
30/01/2011, 2:54 AM
You get home from a night of dancing and kick your high heels off. Nothing like it, don't ya agree boys?

John83
30/01/2011, 3:43 PM
You get home from a night of dancing and kick your high heels off. Nothing like it, don't ya agree boys?
The men of the French court invented high heels as a joke. Centuries later, women still haven't gotten it.

Magicme
30/01/2011, 11:07 PM
the beast returns...........welcome back boy!

DeLorean
01/02/2011, 12:22 PM
...when you take a dump and you don't have to spend forever cleaning it.

You mean those ones with the clean breaks, or as comedian Kevin Bridges called them...ghosties!!

MMVIII
01/02/2011, 3:48 PM
You mean those ones with the clean breaks, or as comedian Kevin Bridges called them...ghosties!!

Haha, thats the one. I couldn't think of the term he used for them. Has put a smile on my face on this most dull day, good sir.

SkStu
01/02/2011, 5:23 PM
i just thought most of the time you pebble-dashed the jacks and were considerate enough to clean the bowl each time..

horton
01/02/2011, 7:56 PM
No wonder 99% of the people that post on here are blokes, jaysus. . .

Mr A
01/02/2011, 11:12 PM
I wish you guys would quit talking ****.

Spudulika
02/02/2011, 7:18 PM
It's kind of hard to pin one down, and I notice that nobody is negative, so I won't start.

....your little one(s) begin to fall asleep as you're walking them to dreamland - not for any ulterior motive, of course, like wanting to watch the rest of the match, or sleep.

....my little girl, who I see far too rarely, puts her forehead against mine and just looks into my eyes. We've been doing it since she was a few months and it never gets tired.

....I think of Ireland, especially when it's a bad day and I've not spoken english the whole time

....I open my eyes in the morning, it's a good day when you wake up

thischarmingman
02/02/2011, 8:19 PM
....I open my eyes in the morning, it's a good day when you wake up

Eeek...what shady activities are you up to in Russia?

Spudulika
02/02/2011, 8:23 PM
Eeek...what shady activities are you up to in Russia?

:-) Well, it's a good thing over here if, after sushi, you don't start glowing in the dark :-) But then again, that's just like eating fish from the Irish Sea!

I always say - it's a good day when you wake up in the morning, if you don't, then it's not so good. Maybe it's the melancholy Russian soul that's taking over my Irish optimism, that or too many years of following LOI football!

plankton
04/02/2011, 11:14 AM
....when your room is freezing but your electric blanket has been warming the past 2 hours so when you slide your feet in it's toasty!

horton
04/02/2011, 2:10 PM
....when your room is freezing but your electric blanket has been warming the past 2 hours so when you slide your feet in it's toasty!

Ya pussy. Nothing beats getting into a freezing cold bed, best way to relax and settle down for some kip.

Slightly negative, but I love it when I'm indoors with the slippers on(I'm not old I swear!), and you look out the window at the poor suckers walking in the windy rain!