PDA

View Full Version : Stuff we nostaligia-lise but in retrospect was actually crap

Angus
22/01/2011, 7:41 PM
1. Old James Bond movies - Goldfinger apart, complete tosh

2. Grange Hill

3. World Cups - 1970 apart

redobit
22/01/2011, 8:28 PM
Teachers that back in the day we thought we class.

Poor Student
22/01/2011, 8:46 PM
Winter football.

SkStu
22/01/2011, 11:02 PM
punctuation and proper english, innit?

tetsujin1979
23/01/2011, 12:36 AM
this thread, in about 20 years

Lev Yashin
23/01/2011, 8:12 AM
Mcgyver. I used to love it rewatched some episodes lately...urgh!

Ditto with ALF.

horton
23/01/2011, 10:01 AM
Childhood TV Shows/Films. As amazing as I thought they were growing up, if I rewatch them now, they are freaking weird. Whoever thought them up was seriously messed in the head.

Football Special- was a rare occurance for me to be somewhere in Donegal that had it in the early 90s, which probably added to the appeal of actually drinking a bottle. Now that a fair few shops in Derry stock it, I don't understand why I liked it so much.

shantykelly
23/01/2011, 9:02 PM
Childhood TV Shows/Films. As amazing as I thought they were growing up, if I rewatch them now, they are freaking weird. Whoever thought them up was seriously messed in the head.

Football Special- was a rare occurance for me to be somewhere in Donegal that had it in the early 90s, which probably added to the appeal of actually drinking a bottle. Now that a fair few shops in Derry stock it, I don't understand why I liked it so much.

the e numbers.

brendy_éire
24/01/2011, 12:15 AM

I still love the stuff. It's feckin great.

Scalextric. Came across my old one last month and stuck it back together. Got boring after about two minutes.

Mr A
24/01/2011, 8:35 AM
Football Special is the very nectar of the Gods. It can be a little inconsistent in quality I think though. But still, I can't understand why such a gorgeous drink does not stand astride the world of beverage retail like a colossus.

Possibly it's the drag caused by that manky banana crap they also sell.

Red Army
24/01/2011, 8:43 PM
When I was a nipper I watched i.d. thinking to myself this is the dogs dangles. I watched there the other night and what a load of baws it was. I guess I shouldn't be as hard on the green streeters we're all young once.

redobit
24/01/2011, 9:33 PM
Football Special is kak. Sugar, p*ss water and a drop a food dye.

shantykelly
25/01/2011, 6:24 PM
hark at the sligo bogger. connaught philistines.

oh, and star trek with william shatner. he can't act and the storylines are one dimensional.

Lionel Ritchie
28/01/2011, 12:54 PM
hark at the sligo bogger. connaught philistines.

oh, and star trek with william shatner. he can't act and the storylines are one dimensional.

ah stop now with the post-millenial standards applied to medium that was what? 10-15 years old at the time. One dimensional storylines? ...as opposed to what? -the multi layered, twist-laden, emotional rollercoaster that was 'Bewitched'?

bennocelt
28/01/2011, 4:15 PM
Anyone remember Salem's Lot when it came out first on TV. S King adaptation, at the time everyone was watching it, a two parter on TV and at the time scary as feck! (the young guy tapping the window!!)
Got the dvd a few years ago and a few mates round to see it again. God we just couldnt understand how ****e it was!!! How innocent we were in Ireland back in the day before Dvds the net, etc!

thischarmingman
28/01/2011, 4:59 PM
In all fairness, that 'Salem's Lot film is genuinely quite chilling. Maybe it was just because you were with others but try watching the bit where the dead kid knocks on the window when you're alone in an empty house at night and see how unscary it is.

OT: The book is still one of the scariest books I've read. It's immense. :)