PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Deane

Neil
21/05/2004, 3:09 PM
Got a text saying we have signed Adrian Deane from Charlton Ath. Was it in the Mirror today anyone know?

Good signing if it's true even though he's another attacker.

SÓC
21/05/2004, 3:11 PM
Got a text saying we have signed Adrian Deane from Charlton Ath. Was it in the Mirror today anyone know?

Good signing if it's true even though he's another attacker.
Think he's a right sided midfielder. Not sure but I think he played for Ireland in the same U-19 squad as Colin P and Kearnet down in Cobh. Classy player too if Im thinking of the same chap.

Dodge
21/05/2004, 3:13 PM
It was in the mirror today. No quotes from anyody though

Neil
21/05/2004, 3:18 PM
Think he's a right sided midfielder. Not sure but I think he played for Ireland in the same U-19 squad as Colin P and Kearnet down in Cobh. Classy player too if Im thinking of the same chap.

(if I have the right guy) He was on the bench for the Ireland u-21s in Switzerland in Oct. He didn't know what to make of four fellas wearing green (City) jerseys shouting dogs abuse at our own keeper (Connor)!

Neil
21/05/2004, 3:20 PM
yeah thats him alright (http://www.charlton-athletic.co.uk/sub_playerdisplay.ink?season=2003/2004&skip=3)

Read somewhere a while ago that he was chatting to Doyler and Kearney when they were away with the 21s in Madeira and was impressed with the crowds we were getting etc.

NorthoftheLee
21/05/2004, 3:28 PM
i particularly like the ON LOAN to inter milan bit! :)

these free transfers are great....enables the club to offer a bit more in wages..hopefully he'll turn out to be a great signing...

pete
21/05/2004, 4:56 PM
FAI:

Adrian Deane (Charlton Athletic)
Born: 24/2/83 Caps: 4 Goals: 0 Debut: v Switzerland 10/10/03
Born in London, Adrian Deane qualifies for Ireland as both his parents are from Mayo. He was first called into the Ireland squad at Under 18 level in 2001 and has been called into every squad he has been available for since. He missed the World Youth Championships through injury.

GavinZac
21/05/2004, 11:21 PM
christ if this is true its great news, but it'll make selection an even bigger head ache!

if fenn was playing what he can, and john was back to his best, and sof was back, we'd have doyle confined to the right. now deane comes in; where does he go?

patsh
22/05/2004, 9:52 AM
Maybe we call sell Fenn and find a place for someone who will make an effort... :rolleyes:
Can we afford to pay all these guys?
These 3 would add a hefty sum to the weekly wage bill..... :confused:

Eric
22/05/2004, 12:56 PM
(if I have the right guy) He was on the bench for the Ireland u-21s in Switzerland in Oct. He didn't know what to make of four fellas wearing green (City) jerseys shouting dogs abuse at our own keeper (Connor)!

And offering him pints as he warmed up in front of us!!!! :D