PDA

View Full Version : Capital Grants for Euro clubs?

paudie
21/05/2004, 12:46 PM
Didn't I read a few months ago that the 4 clubs that had qualified for Europe were getting a couple of hundred thousand each in grants to ensure the grounds would pass UEFA inspections.

Anyone have any update on this money?

Can't see any money being spent on improvements at Turners Cross.

tiktok
21/05/2004, 12:50 PM
Can't see any money being spent on improvements at Turners Cross.

it'll have to be. The turnstiles have to be remodeled, last I heard Lennox was trying to get a derogation due to the plans that re in place to rehaul the entire shed end, and to fix the turnstiles only to gut them eighteen months later would be a waste of cash.

Dodge
21/05/2004, 12:59 PM
There was talk of that money (think it worked out 625K per club) but no money has come through.

paudie
21/05/2004, 3:05 PM
There was talk of that money (think it worked out 625K per club) but no money has come through.

The league definitely made a decision to allocate this money. You'd wonder whats holding up the allocation of this money.

As usual the communication from the clubs to the fans is NIL.

This could all hit the fan if and when clubs fail UEFA inspections.

I'd think Flancare must be touch & go to pass. Turners Cross will only pass if lower standards apply to the Inter Toto.

A face
26/05/2004, 10:36 AM
Lads,

The last lot of grants that were given out by the government to the FAI, who then allocated them. The reports of all the spending etc. have not come back yet.

All 22 eL clubs have to produce the reports and then the Government via the FAI will allocate the grants to the Euro clubs.

Which clubs are holding this up ??

Ring your club and find out !!

This is going on way too long.

Roo69
26/05/2004, 12:13 PM

and it wont either ! no grants for any clubs what so ever ! fact ! :mad:

A face
26/05/2004, 2:46 PM
and it wont either ! no grants for any clubs what so ever ! fact ! :mad:

The next lot of grants wont come through until all the reports are sent back from all the clubs .... that is what is holding it up. Thats what the FAI are saying, their hands are tied until the clubs sort it out.

That is what the hold up is ..... Does anyone know who the clubs are ??

A face
26/05/2004, 2:55 PM
gufct
(no login)
195.7.52.249 Their - May 26 2004, 12:52 PM

is a story doing the rounds that the FAI and certain clubs will be brought before the Public Accounts committee over the way grants were paid and Supervised.There is thought to be at least two if not three Dublin Clubs are the main culprits and i dont think anyone here doesnt know the main two!!!!!!!!!!!

Des Kelly
(no login)
213.94.240.69 I don't - May 26 2004, 2:19 PM

St Pats and...

Though I did hear that the FAI are prepared to release the grant money to the current euro contestants once they (and not the full 22) give an account of where they spent previous monies.

The rumour I heard is that Longford are the only ones holding up the show.

Anyone want to comment ?

(** That was from Johnny Wards MB **)

I believe 18 of the 22 clubs have submitted the reports and 4 have not. No idea who the 4 are. The government also want to know why clubs applied for grants and have not drawn themm down when saying they had teh funding in place etc. Until these questions are answered no clubs get money.

(** That was from Ultras MB **)

A face
26/05/2004, 3:17 PM
From the SPA MB

"Seems as though we aren't in Europe the club can take as long as it likes"

Thats what we are up against !! :rolleyes: :confused:

But .... is anyone suprised !! I mean their last European experience, they lost 10 nil or something stupid like that.

wws
26/05/2004, 3:26 PM
no we actually got to the second round of the competition your about to be thumped in last time we were in europe :D

Dodge
26/05/2004, 3:53 PM
From the SPA MB

"Seems as though we aren't in Europe the club can take as long as it likes"

Thats what we are up against !! :rolleyes: :confused:

But .... is anyone suprised !! I mean their last European experience, they lost 10 nil or something stupid like that.
Don't be ****ing stupid... That was 1 post from a Pats fan responding to one from a cork fan, it is not Official St. Patrick' Athletic policy....

And for the record I agree with him :p

TheRealRovers
26/05/2004, 4:11 PM
We started on our astro turf pitch last week it's going to cost around €300,000. We don't have that kind of money so we must of got a grant for it?

gufct
26/05/2004, 4:28 PM
No capital Grants for this year deffo and the four euro clubs are not getting any money until the whole sorry mess of misuse of previous grants and total lack of supervision by the FAI.Heads could roll over this although the "Man from Del Monte and Sancho Villa" are better than Bertie for getting away without a scratch.

A face
26/05/2004, 9:10 PM
Don't be ****ing stupid... That was 1 post from a Pats fan responding to one from a cork fan, it is not Official St. Patrick' Athletic policy....

Of course it is .... you are all like that at SPA ... you are all bitter and twisted, thats why you all walk they way you do, all crouched and contorted, dragging your feet and the like.

And for the record I agree with him :p

See what i mean !!

A face
28/05/2004, 12:03 AM
Check this out !!

So it seems that S.P.A. and $h€l$ are the two clubs holding it all up .... funny that isn't. The two clubs that always seem to be taking the high moral ground with everyone are in actual fact the ones holding up all the Capital Grants that clubs are waiting on.

No more grants for anyone in the league until both S.P.A. and $h€l$ are ready

Dr.Nightdub
28/05/2004, 1:41 AM
OK, A Face, this is gonna break your heart, but how 'n' ever...we were allocated €1m a couple of years ago from the SCP towards our new stand. No argument so far. Only trouble is, the SCP only funds 80% of whatever work has to be done so we've to come up with €250k of our own to top it up and get the work done.

Trouble is:
(a) the OPW has to approve the plans and they've been sitting on them since last November
(b) we don't have the €250k either way

So we ain't drawn down the €1m. No mystery, no intrigue, no dark spooky goings-on behind the scene.

Now go cook up a new conspiracy theory. (By the way, St. Pats weren't responsible for 9/11 and Andy O'Callaghan wasn't on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza so you can discount those)

A face
28/05/2004, 12:11 PM
Dr.Nightdud ..... answer me this ... we isn't that story good enough to have SPA taken off the list of clubs that are holding up the whole process ??

SPA are meant to be one of these revolutionary progressive clubs that are leading the way for clubs in the league and Europe yet you are still caught up in this whole thing.

Dr.Nightdud .... are telling porkies ..... are you telling us the whole story .... c'mon now ... no holding out on us ..... theres a good lad !!