PDA

View Full Version : Jason Mc Released

only1kilbane
21/05/2004, 12:15 PM
As I sunderland fan am sad this morning to see Jayo has been released from the club . Mick has come out saying it was more financial than anything and he would have been kept on if we got promoted. Its a pity really as he showed his quality on monday with his two assists for the goals. He will be sorely missed. Phil Babb has also been let go which is not as much of a shock though he had a great second half to the season and won a lot of the sunderland fans over . Hopefully they will both get decent moves .

tiktok
21/05/2004, 12:18 PM
Hopefully they will both get decent moves .

I'd imagine they will, surprised McAteer was let go though. Thought there was more dead wood worth trimming around Sunderland than him.

only1kilbane
21/05/2004, 12:34 PM
Yeah would still be able to perform in the prem league maybe for one of the promoted clubs ?? He should get a decent move anyway not sure where babb will go would not be as hopefull for him though he has had a very good finish to the season. I think at the moment sunderland need to release all the big salaries and him and babb were on the biggest wages so more financial than footballing. Though i suppose you will have a few people on glad to see him without a club

finlma
21/05/2004, 1:14 PM
I'm suprised to see him released but I can't see him being taken on by a Premier League club unless one of the newly promoted sides. Hopefully he'll get picked up by a decent team, not a bad player for free.

finlma
21/05/2004, 3:36 PM
I've just read the Michael Reddy was dropped by McCarthy too. Its disappointing for him cause he showed some real promise when he went to Sheffield Wed during the year. He's still young so I hope a good club comes in for him.

Condex
21/05/2004, 5:53 PM
McAteer had quite a good game aginst Palace the other night.
I think he'll get a club no bother, maybe in the lower reaches of
premiership.