PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Season Games 2011

Jofspring
07/01/2011, 7:47 PM
Feb 25th 7:45pm:
Bray vs Limerick

Mentioned over on the pre-season thread in the Premier and First Division section.

Wouldn't mind getting a few decent home ones in. Its mentioned Shamrock Rovers will be down in Kerry so they'd be a good test to start us off. Maybe one or two more premier teams and a few first division like Cork. Throw in a trip down to Cobh for a friendly for good measure.

bluewhitearmy
08/01/2011, 5:21 PM
Dont think we can play pre season friendlies at home cant get Jackman or something thats what i heard anyway.

We have a Munster Senior Cup game against Killarney too at some stage early in Feb.

gael353
08/01/2011, 9:22 PM
I think Limerick will be on their own pre season the same weekend as rovers are down in kerry

gspain
12/01/2011, 12:21 PM
Dundalk away in mid February according to this

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/110111_Foster.asp

harpin
13/01/2011, 12:14 PM
http://www.limerickfc.ie/Home/news/110112friendlymatches.html

Sat 05 Feb Limerick FC v Mervue United Drumcliffe (Lifford AFC) 2:00pm

Tue 08 Feb Salthill Devon v Limerick FC Drom 7:45pm

Thu 17 Feb Dundalk v Limerick FC Oriel Park 8:00pm

Sun 20 Feb Newry City v Limerick FC The Showgrounds, Newry 2:00pm

Fri 25 Feb Bray Wanderers v Limerick FC Carlisle Ground 7:45pm

gspain
14/01/2011, 10:04 AM
Salthill is the same night as the International v Wales. Didn't think that was allowed.

Newry away is a nice one. No senior football team from Limerick has won a match outside what is now the Republic of Ireland since the Black Watch beat St. Columbs Court in Derry in the 1892 Irish Cup Semi final. Could we make history????? I'd settle for a win in Derry in the premier division in 2012 instead though.

joeSoap
14/01/2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.limerickfc.ie/Home/news/110112friendlymatches.html

Thu 17 Feb Dundalk v Limerick FC Oriel Park 8:00pm

Sun 20 Feb Newry City v Limerick FC The Showgrounds, Newry 2:00pm
I presume theres some sort of training camp up in the North East for a few days? Hardly driving up to Dundalk on a Thursday night and back up to Newry on a Sunday morning? I know the new road is good but.... :-)

Jofspring
14/01/2011, 2:12 PM
From the above link joe.

The matches against Dundalk and Newry City will form part of the team's pre-season training camp.

abbeyvale
14/01/2011, 11:12 PM
Lads, have ye any decent ideas for services the club could provide in order to increase attendances???

There is already a shop, hot food outlet and occassionaly a bar.............other than that, what else could the club provide??

I was at a game during the season where they had bouncing castles for the kids, popcorn, toffee apples & candy floss stands provided, and then had a hotdog stand for the away supporters???? just a few ideas,,,,,,,,,,anything else spring to mind????

I also mentioned it last season that I think the club should sell tickets before and during the first half of the game for a HT penalty shoot-out, each ticket being sold @ 1euro, with a max of 30 tickets being sold, the winner gets a voucher for either the club sweet shop or hot food outlet worth 5euro, therefore the club stand to gain a minimum of 25euro or all 30euro if the hot food outlet sponsors it (I know it mightn't sound much but 25/30euro for every home game, would generate a few quid throughout the season), just a thought.............

bluewhitearmy
15/01/2011, 1:19 PM
Lads, have ye any decent ideas for services the club could provide in order to increase attendances???

There is already a shop, hot food outlet and occassionaly a bar.............other than that, what else could the club provide??

I was at a game during the season where they had bouncing castles for the kids, popcorn, toffee apples & candy floss stands provided, and then had a hotdog stand for the away supporters???? just a few ideas,,,,,,,,,,anything else spring to mind????

I also mentioned it last season that I think the club should sell tickets before and during the first half of the game for a HT penalty shoot-out, each ticket being sold @ 1euro, with a max of 30 tickets being sold, the winner gets a voucher for either the club sweet shop or hot food outlet worth 5euro, therefore the club stand to gain a minimum of 25euro or all 30euro if the hot food outlet sponsors it (I know it mightn't sound much but 25/30euro for every home game, would generate a few quid throughout the season), just a thought.............

Think this is a great idea would make money and is better half time entertainment then cheerleaders.

abbeyvale
17/01/2011, 6:50 PM
Think this is a great idea would make money and is better half time entertainment then cheerleaders.

And to make it more beneficial, the hot food outlet will sponsor it, so it wont cost LFC a cent

harpin
19/01/2011, 9:42 AM
Salthill is the same night as the International v Wales. Didn't think that was allowed.

Switched to Monday 7th

KevB76
21/01/2011, 4:19 PM

Switched to Monday 7th

Match away to Salthill has been re-fixed for Wed 9th Feb

Castletroy_Blue
24/01/2011, 12:44 AM

I agree with bluewhitearmy that the cheerleaders at half time are a waste of time. Penalty shootout, or a crossbar challenge would be good fun. Even bringing the underage teams back for a kick around for 10 minutes would be something positive.

Bar at every home game would be just delightful also. :D

gspain
28/01/2011, 1:57 PM
Newry now playing Dungannon on Monday 21st Feb and they also have a game on Sat 19th. I assume our friendly is gone now ofr the 20th.

Shame if it is.

gael353
02/02/2011, 1:37 PM
game with newry is def on.

KevB76
05/02/2011, 4:55 PM
Limerick FC 3-2 Mervue Utd

Limerick goals from Chris Breen, Shane Tracy (pen) and Fatmadh Dunisha

gael353
07/02/2011, 10:15 PM
preseason game with Newry is now off, as newry contacted club to say they can no longer fulfill the fixture. Manager departed in the last few days also

bluewhitearmy
09/02/2011, 10:45 PM
Salthill 0 - 4 Limerick

Goals from Paudie Quinn,Stephen O'Flynn,Gary Sheehan and Peter Hynes.

Easy win dominated em.

Jofspring
10/02/2011, 1:50 PM
May have only been Salthill but still a nice comfortable win and a clean sheet too.

Shannonsider
11/02/2011, 12:16 PM
Just been told that the Newry game is now off.

Can anyone confirm?

Jofspring
11/02/2011, 1:05 PM
Ya gael confirms it on the previous page.

Munster Senior Cup Sat 12th:
Kilarney vs Limerick 6:30pm.

Jofspring
12/02/2011, 8:03 PM
I know its not a pre-season game but

Munster Senior Cup:
Kilarney 1-4 Limerick according to extratime.ie

bluewhitearmy
12/02/2011, 9:58 PM
I know its not a pre-season game but

Munster Senior Cup:
Kilarney 1-4 Limerick according to extratime.ie

2 pens from Tracy Goal from Paddy Purcell and goal for Pudie Quinn.

Killarneys goal was a pen for ex-Limerick striker Peter McCarthy.

Conditions were terrible loads of rain and terrible wind surprised it went ahead. About half hour in floodlights went so game was moved to 2nd pitch which wasnt playable but then lights came back on so moved back to the 1st pitch. Killarney are a very dirty team. We handled the conditions well.

Limerick team for anyone interested was

..................Cusack (O Callaghan)............

Broughall.........McCarthy........Purcell......... ..Frost

Tracy(Quinn)......OLeary......Judge(Coleman)...... Sheehan

..............Coughlan........O Flynn................

KevB76
15/02/2011, 8:03 PM
Drogheda v Limerick FC confirmed 2.00 pm on Sun 20 Feb at Hunky Dory park.

The Lilywhites
17/02/2011, 12:24 AM
Updates from your game with us tomorrow at http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=273061602083&topic=16987

Monkfish
17/02/2011, 9:50 PM
Dundalk 0 - 1 Limerick (Sheehan)

Decent preseason so far. If only we knew who the fcuk we're playing 1st game!

Quayman
17/02/2011, 10:05 PM
Saw four Limerick fans at Oriel tonight. Fair play for making the trip.

Jofspring
17/02/2011, 11:38 PM
Glad to see Barry Ryan in goals. It looks like he is going to be the number 1 next season. Has played all the pre season games so far if i remember correctly. It was also great to see the team sheet with a whole midfield of players under the age of 20.

bluewhitearmy
18/02/2011, 12:05 AM
Glad to see Barry Ryan in goals. It looks like he is going to be the number 1 next season. Has played all the pre season games so far if i remember correctly. It was also great to see the team sheet with a whole midfield of players under the age of 20.

Barry has played em cos Dave is injured. Barry wasnt in squad v Killarney so Brian O Callaghan had to go in when Cusack got injured.

Id prefer a bit of experience in the middle instead of all the young lads.

Jofspring
18/02/2011, 12:09 AM
Barry has played em cos Dave is injured. Barry wasnt in squad v Killarney so Brian O Callaghan had to go in when Cusack got injured.

Id prefer a bit of experience in the middle instead of all the young lads.

Agree you need some experience in there but UCD won the division with a young team all round. Still time to get another midfielder in. Lots of players still looking for contracts with the season getting closer and closer to kick off. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head that could go in there though.

I actually think if you where to add one experienced midfielder to the team we would pretty much be all set for the season ahead.

gspain
20/02/2011, 4:52 PM
4-1 in Drogheda after being a goal down. Sheehan, Hynes before the break and Coughlan and O'Fynn afterwards. Another impressive performance although Drogheda were very poor.

CraftyToePoke
21/02/2011, 1:00 AM
4-1 in Drogheda after being a goal down. Sheehan, Hynes before the break and Coughlan and O'Fynn afterwards. Another impressive performance although Drogheda were very poor.

Do you, or anyone, have the team for this one?

Lim till i die
21/02/2011, 1:32 AM
Barry Ryan
Garbhan Broughall
Andrew Bhandaker
Brian O'Callaghan
Pat Purcell
Darren Coleman
Alex Scully
Peter Hynes
Stephen O'Flynn
Stephen McGann
Gary Sheehan

SUBS:

Peter White
Brian McCarthy
David O'Leary
Garbhan Coughlan
Paudie Quinn
Chris Breen
Shane Cusack (GK)

All the subs got run outs, don't ask me in what order but the players to come off were Scully, Coleman, Ryan, Hynes, Sheehan, McGann and Bhandaker.

KevB76
21/02/2011, 12:51 PM
All the subs got run outs, don't ask me in what order but the players to come off were Scully, Coleman, Ryan, Hynes, Sheehan, McGann and Bhandaker.

I dont think Coleman was subbed (cant remember now to be honest). Paddy Purcell was one of the 4 subs made at half time (the others being Ryan, Scully and Sheahan I think).

bluewhitearmy
25/02/2011, 9:04 PM
Bray 0 - 4Limerick

O Flynn with 2 (One pen)
Sheehan and Jeffrey Judge with the others.

Corie Tracy(Ex Drogheda defender) played for us tonight but was sent off after 21 mins.

Both line ups are here http://extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/12447/2/

LK37oldskool
26/02/2011, 12:16 PM
i really hope they can bring this pre season form into the campaign.This years pre season has been a great success.