PDA

View Full Version : I want to object to the closing of the thread on Sunderland.

NeilMcD
21/05/2004, 10:00 AM
It is hardly fair that i was not given the right to reply to Beavis post. Sorry Beavis if I have resorted to facts to back up my argument. That is just me and I will probably continue to do so. I never had a go at mc Carthy for accepting the managers job. The point is he should not have been given the option. He did not have enough experience and he may have been wiswer to do what David O Leary has done and bide his time. Secondly Joe Kinnear wanted the job but could not apply for it as he was already in employment and he felt loyalty to Wimbledon and the only way he could accept if he was asked for the job and then he woudl resign. But you cannot expect a manager to do an interview for a job while still in one, What happens if he does not get it. Interviews for internatioinal jobs are stupid.

I listed in one of my posts the things that Mc Carthy did in his early years that I found at the time infuriating. Whether you agree with them or not is neither here nor there but you have to accept that I had these views before Saipan and I am entitled to be critical of Mc Carthy pre and post Saipan. I dont know why people find that hard to accept that critics of Mc Carthy existed pre Saipan. Thirdly I am not a Keanite. I think he was a world class player. He is still a very very good player that can something to the team. He may not be a nice man he may be a ********. But to be honest I dont care as long as he is in the top eleven players that is Irish. I will agree that Charlton left Mc Carthy with a terribly ageing squad but he did have a good crop of players coming through due to Brian Kerrs work at underage level.

Lastly this thing about coping with things under pressure. If you are a manager you need to get things right during a game about 95% of the time. By this I mean you need to make the right substitutions, the right tactics, and get the right messages on to the players. All the great managers can do this. Bringing on subs at the right time etc. It may not always work and that is why there is a 5% lee way on it. BUt to say that there as much times he got it right as he got it wrong is laughable. If you are happy with a manager that makes correct decisions during games 50% of the time well then fair enough.

Me i prefer top managers who know what they are donig all the time, and dont make stupid subsitutions in the last minute of a game against Macedonia and take Quinn off against Portugal while 1-0 and play for a 0-0 against Croatia for the whole match and not realie that there were 10 men of the field againsts Spain, and not to practce penalties, and got urge Mc Grath to go to a concert where there was drink depsite the fact he has a disease, asking Denis Irwin to prove him wrong. Unwilling to change things aobut the set up behind the scenes, playing Ian Harte and centre of defence, playing a 3-5-2 formation for numerous games and it not working, playing roy keane at centre back. These are all just the top of my head and i am sure i could go on and on.

NeilMcD
21/05/2004, 10:08 AM
when i need your advice on how to conduct my affairs I will ask you .

NeilMcD
21/05/2004, 10:17 AM
Sorry it is not personal, I made a long post about Mc Carthy which was not bitchy or anything and you can back having a go at me for posting it in the 1st place. I then retorted by saying when i need your advice i will ask. I was not having a go at you but just saying I dont need your advice. IF anybody got personal it was you in your reply to me, as i did not even mention you I was critical of Mick Mc Carthy for footballing reasons, but are you here to discuss footballing issues rather then be some police man or advisor on how to put up posts

Dodge
21/05/2004, 10:25 AM
If anything this should be in General football...

tiktok
21/05/2004, 10:29 AM
If anything this should be in General football...

i can think of other locations for it....
but i'd suggest off-topic to be polite.

NeilMcD
21/05/2004, 10:42 AM
Yeah sorry lads if this is taken up space, i only wanan chat about football and football issues and maybe chatting about an ex ireland manager should be somewhere else. But I did want to reply to Beavis comments that were directly at me as i felt a few things needed clearing up in relation to the Mick mc Carthy issues. Its amazing I have tried to keep all my posts as much about football as possible and to avoid accusations of been overly personal or not liking Mick Mc Carthy I have also said he is a nice man. But still some people wont let that go. I dont rate mc Carthy as a top class manager, nothing personal i just dont as i have shown in lots of posts. It is nothing to do with keane or anything. I just dont rate him. Is that offensive to so many people.

dahamsta
21/05/2004, 12:18 PM
Threads like this belong in Support / Feedback (http://foot.ie/forumdisplay.php?f=63). I'll read over this later on.

adam

dahamsta
21/05/2004, 3:10 PM
Ah. Ok. NeilMcD, next time you want to object to the closing of a thread, do us a favour and do just that, and we'll look at it. As it is I have no idea what thread you're talking about, when it happened, why it was closed, etc; and this thread belongs in about three forums, possibly four, so there's little I can do about it.

Moving to Off Topic. Best suggestion I can give at this stage is to let the thread die.

adam

NeilMcD
21/05/2004, 3:37 PM
No problem, sorry about that was not to sure how the system worked. To be honest I dont have a big problem with it, It was the thread abuot the Sunderland penalty shoot out. Cheers for that.

Neil

lopez
21/05/2004, 5:12 PM
Davros has been given a yellow card so in his place may hijack this thread by mentioning a certain Brat from corcaigh? :D