PDA

View Full Version : Napster

Mad Moose
04/01/2011, 8:25 PM
Subscribtion music download site that always seems too good to be true. I just wondered if anybody knows anything about it and how good it is. The reason I ask is a query around trying to unsubscribe or cancel subscription. I can't see how it would be difficult personally as you can control payment from your account. I am thinking of giving it a go but just wondered has anyone any advice or experience of Napster as a service.

thischarmingman
05/01/2011, 10:45 AM
Do you have to be able to download the music? Because you could just take out a subscription to Spotify (www.spotify.com).

Mad Moose
05/01/2011, 11:47 AM
I don't think I've moved with the times that much. Spotify is great as I can listen to an album and decide if I would have wanted it or not. I tend to like creating playlists from downloaded music but find iTunes way too costly so I don't use it as much. The idea of a subscription appeals and unlimited downloads as a result.

bennocelt
05/01/2011, 12:01 PM
People actually pay for music off the internet!! Yikes:D

ifk101
05/01/2011, 12:07 PM
I pay for Spotify - equilvalent of €10 per month. Absolutely no complaints about doing so either.

Not exactly sure what you what to do Harpsbear - do you want to download music for offline use?

dahamsta
05/01/2011, 12:13 PM
Not subscription but PAYG 7digital (http://ie.7digital.com/) has most tracks available as drm-free 320k. Where I buy all my music.

Mad Moose
05/01/2011, 1:11 PM
Cheers guys. Yeah mostly offline use so on the iPod and out on the road, on the track or in the gym. I might stick on Spotify in the house if I want to sample an album but mostly I want to save my music. The problem is I get bored of music way too easily. I seek new music quite regularly and my taste varies greatly.

I'll check that site out Adam. Still not convinced about Napstar/Ster.

tetsujin1979
05/01/2011, 3:41 PM
I'm the same, I have to have my music available offline for the car/gym/when connection speeds drop
same with vids, have a 500GB hard drive in a legally modified XBox for watching stuff on my TV