PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed with BBC iPlayer

Roo69
04/01/2011, 3:35 PM
Folks, i'm trying to view a short clip on BBCs iPlayer but obviously it won't allow me being in the republic. I'm just wondering is there is any other FREE way of watching this nerdy video clip (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00d1b8l)

Any help would be grately appreciated :)

I'm really just looking for the steps in halping take photos at night, he gives 4 or 5 of them on what do.

dahamsta
04/01/2011, 5:04 PM
Google your question, you'll find a thousand answers, all of them crap.

Ultimately what you want is a UK proxy, but good luck finding one.

Roo69
04/01/2011, 6:02 PM
Google your question, you'll find a thousand answers, all of them crap.

Ultimately what you want is a UK proxy, but good luck finding one.

Managed to get it sorted very easy, cheers

dahamsta
04/01/2011, 6:30 PM
Well, tell the rest of the class then...

strangeirish
04/01/2011, 7:23 PM
Well, tell the rest of the class then...
He moved to England...

theworm2345
04/01/2011, 9:43 PM
This is all hypothetical of course...download Firefox, download the SwitchProxy Add-on, find a working UK proxy (easier than it sounds if you know where to look), enjoy ITV, BBC, etc. Also works for RTE player with Irish proxies (harder to find, but they are out there).

Real ale Madrid
05/01/2011, 10:44 AM
I pay roughly 10 euros a month to use a proxy service. It lets me use one proxy at a time but I can change between Irish / uk / US proxies as I need them. Its the bees knees esp when I'm working in Belgium where I normally reside Mondays to Fridays.

Am I foolish to be paying money for such a thing ?

Before I used to look for free proxies but even if you found one it never used to last for very long and would go belly up just before a game and send me frantically looking for a new one!

Also if anyone has any experience successfully using a VPN on an iPhone or an iPad I'd love to know how its done !

tetsujin1979
05/01/2011, 3:27 PM
I pay roughly 10 euros a month to use a proxy service. It lets me use one proxy at a time but I can change between Irish / uk / US proxies as I need them. Its the bees knees esp when I'm working in Belgium where I normally reside Mondays to Fridays.

Am I foolish to be paying money for such a thing ?

Before I used to look for free proxies but even if you found one it never used to last for very long and would go belly up just before a game and send me frantically looking for a new one!

Also if anyone has any experience successfully using a VPN on an iPhone or an iPad I'd love to know how its done !
never tried this, but could you share the internet connection from a PC that was using the proxy and use that on your iPad/iPhone?

<EDIT>

People in work can connect to our secure wireless network by requesting a certificate that they copy over, don't know if that's the same as what you're looking for?

dahamsta
05/01/2011, 3:55 PM
€10/month seems like a lot, but then as someone else has pointed out, finding a working free proxy is a pain in the arse. I tried Tor hacks too, but that's just as bad. Just don't bother me arse these days.