PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

CollegeTillIDie
20/05/2004, 7:31 PM
Ok Rams fans here is a Fund Raising Idea which only CObh Ramblers could avail of so you might as well have it.

Cobh Ramblers should produce a Souvenir Calendar for 2005.
Now the Photos in the Calendar should consist of the following:-

Sonia O'Sullivan Modelling a Cobh Jersey and showing off her most important athletic medals

A photo of your 1983 Semi-final team from the F.A.I. Cup

A photo of your 1993 promotion winning team.

Roy Keane your ex player wearing a Cobh Jersey and showing some of his medals might also be included.

Other successful Cobh teams of the past to fill out the rest, including the 1945 Intermediate Cup Finalists ( ye lost to U.C.D. in that one ;)

If you had enough photos of Keane and O'Sullivan, Athletics and ManUre fans would want to buy it thus increasing the potential market beyond your core fan base, at home and abroad.

I am sure if you asked Sonia ( huge Ramblers fan ) and Roy ( always helps Rockmount when they ask him to) they would both be delighted to help the club out.

Hope you do this and make a packet from it. Good luck to ye.... especially off the field

Éanna
20/05/2004, 7:35 PM
your core fan base
ah, no way he could afford all that :D

A face
20/05/2004, 7:37 PM
Not a bad idea at all ... The Rams supporters club could look into that one !!

Éanna
20/05/2004, 7:39 PM
The Rams supporters club could look into that one !!
he sure could :D :D
Oh keep em comin, I'm on a roll :D

cookie
20/05/2004, 8:48 PM
good idea how did you come up with that?

liam88
20/05/2004, 9:20 PM
Sounds good to me :D

cookie
21/05/2004, 5:52 PM
its no good talkin about it,someones gotta do it!

CollegeTillIDie
21/05/2004, 6:52 PM
How did I come up with that? I am educated like :D

If I was applying for the commercial managers job of your club that would have been part of my pitch for the job.

But on a serious note if I lived in Cobh I would help out with the idea.

Rambler1
22/05/2004, 4:35 PM
How about for once having the common sense to share resources / potential income etc and producing a joint effort between Ramblers / Cork City (6 months pics each to also include the best action shot of the year for each team). All the Dublin clubs stick together and make sure that they are united in most things to remain top but we are always trying to go it alone........and still expect / hope to be the best instead of sharing resources, ideas, fundraisers etc to become a louder voice in the LOI......even look at forming a sub committee incl Cork, Waterford, Limerick Cobh and standing together for a strong voice on decisions that affect us....ie why is the bulk of LOI money paid out to clubs went to Dublin teams down through the years and not shared evenly so that each premier club gets the exact same and each first division side also get the same regardless of area.......

CollegeTillIDie
22/05/2004, 5:20 PM
You should qualify those comments about Dublin Clubs.
Ourselves, Dublin City and Bray Wanderers ( 01 phone area) are often left out of the loop on decisions taken by the so called Big Four.

Our three clubs are seen as not having a right to be in the League.
So what if there are 7 clubs in Greater Dublin, that is less than 1/3 of the total and Greater Dublin has 1/3 of the population of the Republic so where's the problem?

Your suggestion of a joint venture with City does have the merit of being even more marketable. However if City produce their own club calendar already they may not go for it.

If they Don't send it to Pat DOlan I am sure he is open to those kind of suggestions. He has marketing qualifications so it might appeal to him.

Rambler1
23/05/2004, 4:52 AM
Good points and a fair comment about the 3 on the outside...I probably meant why do all the biggest clubs get bigger and the smallest clubs get smaller....This will surly lead to one division down the road. ....