PDA

View Full Version : Bertie Ahern

culloty82
30/12/2010, 8:55 PM
A pause to mark the retirement of the most cunning, most devious of them all.

bennocelt
31/12/2010, 7:30 AM
A pause to mark the retirement of the most cunning, most devious of them all.

I dont get this saying, because it implys he had some sense of a brain - he could barely string a coherent sentence together.
It would be better to call him just another Dublin gutty:p

John83
31/12/2010, 10:53 AM
You think it doesn't require enormous cunning to become leader of FF?

Dodge
31/12/2010, 11:13 AM
YOu spelt it slightly wrong, it ends in tiness not ning

Bluebeard
31/12/2010, 2:31 PM
CJ Haughey always maintained that Bertie was "the most devious of them all". In my books, if CJ thinks you are cunning or ruthless, you have got to be. CJ didn't get where he was without recognising the most devious of them all when he saw them...

pineapple stu
31/12/2010, 2:42 PM
Bertie for President?

Eminence Grise
31/12/2010, 4:07 PM
Bertie for President?

I hope he runs for the presidency or Dublin mayoralty, if only so I can maintain my record of never having voted for him in the twelve years I lived in his constituency...

I brushed past him at Doyle’s Corner in Phibsborough during the ’02 campaign just as a 10 bus was pulling in to the stop. How different history could have been if I’d ignored the built like a ssht-house garda with him, and pushed the little f***er under the wheels... Eight years... I’d have been due for release soon too... Maybe even a medal from Two-Term Taoiseach Enda... Dang, this whole recession is my fault entirely...

Stuttgart88
31/12/2010, 9:29 PM
CJ didn't get where he was without recognising the most devious of them all when he saw them...Bolivian unicyclists' jockstraps, CJ.

bluemovie
02/01/2011, 3:54 PM
Brilliant headline on the front of the Indo today. "Ahern won't run for Presidency: Former Taoiseach realises chances of winning job have been scuppered by his unpopularity".

What an amazing moment of clarity! I'd love to have seen Bertie have this Eureka moment of understanding how democracy works. It's as if he had ticked every other box on his checklist - "image/styling done, speech-making/waffling ability yes, years plamassing grassroots FFers done, fundraising campaign/wealthy backers no problemo.....now what's left? Oh yeah, most of the country hates me, many want me arrested, some want me hanged. That one pesky detail seems to have scuppered my chances".

BonnieShels
02/01/2011, 11:34 PM
I was in London from Thursday so I missed all the sycophantic fawning for De Bert on FFTV and Radio. I did manage to pick up the Indo on Friday though in a shop in Bayswater and was surprised at the way they handled it. However I'm still in recovery mode from buying the rag so I may have misinterpreted their commentary on it.
Anyway, good riddance to the man. Couldn't stomach him whenever I saw him out and about or when I fancied a pint. Kennedy's was my haunt though Fagan's front bar do a mean pint o'black... I digress.

Also here's this piece from one of the Sindo's resident cheerleaders...

Ahern can safely leave his reputation in hands of history Eoghan Harris
http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/ahern-can-safely-leave-his-reputation-in-hands-of-history-2480835.html