PDA

View Full Version : January 2011 - Transfer rumours

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

elroy
30/12/2010, 4:12 PM
Transfer window due to open very shortly, may well be a more active period for Irish players than in recent years with the likes of Keane, Given, Ireland, Dunne and more all subject of transfer speculation. Heres todays offerings:

Newcastle are ready to offer striker Leon Best in exchange for Leeds winger Max Gradel in January.
Full story: Daily Mail

Tottenham's Robbie Keane is prepared to take a pay-cut in order to play regular first-team football, with Birmingham and Wolves leading the chase for the striker.

rebelmusic
30/12/2010, 5:14 PM
Lot of suggestions that Given could go to Villa

gastric
30/12/2010, 9:55 PM
With Brian Laws getting the sack at Burnley, it will be interesting to see if they sign Paddy Madden.

SkStu
30/12/2010, 11:15 PM
he probably got the sack because he was trying to sign Paddy Madden.

Madden turned down an offer from Celtic of 1000stg per week a few months ago by the way.

elroy
31/12/2010, 10:18 AM
Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish wants midfielder David Bentley and striker Robbie Keane to join Blues from Tottenham.

EDIT: Killer gone a loan deal to Huddersfield until the end of the season
http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=226241

irishfan86
31/12/2010, 2:16 PM
Could be good business for McLeish, especially if they're willing to take pay cuts. You'd imagine the pair would be available at about $10-million but both would give a big boost to the team.

Sullivinho
31/12/2010, 2:46 PM
Birmingham City boss Alex McLeish wants midfielder David Bentley and striker Robbie Keane to join Blues from Tottenham.

He's still in the game? I thought he'd retired on the strength of that goal against Arsenal.

Could be good business for McLeish, especially if they're willing to take pay cuts. You'd imagine the pair would be available at about $10-million but both would give a big boost to the team.

Assuming both can recapture previous form, absolutely. They'd be well rested too!

Predator
31/12/2010, 6:48 PM
he probably got the sack because he was trying to sign Paddy Madden.

Madden turned down an offer from Celtic of 1000stg per week a few months ago by the way.Naive? Or is he just very ambitious?

SkStu
31/12/2010, 7:09 PM
i would say he is very thick and overrates himself. His brother is his agent and apparently advised him that he could get more from a Championship club or Celtic if he hung in there. The problem is that he's not as good as he thinks he is. His decision appears to have also cost Bohs the guts of stg:100k which i am pretty ****ed off about.

gastric
31/12/2010, 8:33 PM
i would say he is very thick and overrates himself. His brother is his agent and apparently advised him that he could get more from a Championship club or Celtic if he hung in there. The problem is that he's not as good as he thinks he is. His decision appears to have also cost Bohs the guts of stg:100k which i am pretty ****ed off about.
So your feelings are about Bohs being in the crap, rather than what the player wants!

gastric
31/12/2010, 8:43 PM
Pardew now showing interest in Keane - go to Wolves or Birmingham Robbie. Adam Hammill, a potential recruit, is being chased by ' a list of clubs longer than your arm' according to sources at Barnsley which probably means he will stay with them.

Colbert Report
31/12/2010, 8:54 PM
Kilbane off to Huddersfield, anyone heard this rumour?

SkStu
31/12/2010, 9:11 PM
So your feelings are about Bohs being in the crap, rather than what the player wants!

of course. :confused:

Serb
31/12/2010, 10:04 PM
Kilbane off to Huddersfield, anyone heard this rumour?

It's in the thread, a few posts up:

Killer gone a loan deal to Huddersfield until the end of the season
http://www.huddersfield.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=226241

pineapple stu
01/01/2011, 11:43 AM
The player's thoughts are clearly about what he wants rather than Bohs being in the crap; I don't see why you'd think it'd be any different from the other side.

elroy
01/01/2011, 11:58 AM
Monaco are the latest club to show interest in Aston Villa's unsettled midfielder Stephen Ireland, 24, who is keen on a move to either Liverpool or Everton and has been the subject of interest from Stoke and Fulham. Villa want to recoup about £6m for him.

Birmingham are hopeful of a double deal this month to sign 30-year-old striker Robbie Keane from Tottenham on a permanent deal and to hand winger Sebastian Larsson a new contract.
Full story: Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, the Magpies are interested in taking Tottenham's Keane on loan and signing Wolfsburg midfielder Karim Ziani, who would be available for £2m.

irishfan86
01/01/2011, 1:56 PM
Rumours McLaren wants to bring O'Shea to Wolfsburg. Kind of a strange one to make up if you know what I mean, would definitely be an interesting switch.

Yard of Pace
01/01/2011, 3:18 PM
How many other English third division players have played for us in recent times? I'm thinking a couple of goalkeepers (Gary Kelly of Bury? Joe Murphy of Scunthorpe? Nick Colgan?) maybe but can't think of any outfield players.

tetsujin1979
01/01/2011, 3:20 PM
Rumours McLaren wants to bring O'Shea to Wolfsburg. Kind of a strange one to make up if you know what I mean, would definitely be an interesting switch.
Interesting, McLaren would have worked with O'Shea in his time at United, and if the Dzeko to City move goes, he'll obviously have money to spend, but his time at Wolfsburg might be short if results keep going the way they have been.

tetsujin1979
01/01/2011, 3:22 PM
How many other English third division players have played for us in recent times? I'm thinking a couple of goalkeepers (Gary Kelly of Bury? Joe Murphy of Scunthorpe? Nick Colgan?) maybe but can't think of any outfield players.
was Peter Murphy at Carlisle when Staunton played him in the States?

Yard of Pace
01/01/2011, 3:28 PM

He would have been, yes. Good call.

pineapple stu
01/01/2011, 3:30 PM
Gary Kelly the keeper was never capped. Just made the bench once.

dr_peepee
01/01/2011, 3:42 PM

Think maybe Graham Barrett under Kerr a few years ago.. Might've been whilst he was at Shef Wed when they were in the 3rd tier... I vaguely remember being a bit miffed/bemused at his inclusions a few years ago though.

Think so.... Were Millwall in the 3rd tier when Dave Savage was capped in the US under McCarthy??

Fergie's Son
01/01/2011, 7:52 PM
I think they were in the Championship. I thought Savage was going to come good. Had some lovely performances for Milwall.

Supreme feet
02/01/2011, 2:03 AM

Peter Murphy in 2007, and Alan Quinn in 2004 (friendly against Holland) when he was playing for Sheffield Wednesday.

gastric
02/01/2011, 3:45 AM
The player's thoughts are clearly about what he wants rather than Bohs being in the crap; I don't see why you'd think it'd be any different from the other side.

? What exactly is your point?

ped_ped
02/01/2011, 12:47 PM
He's saying a fans priority is the club, and a players priority is his own well-being. Nobody can complain about a fan wanting what's best for his club over a player, because conversely, a player will always want what's best for himself over his club?

elroy
02/01/2011, 1:09 PM

Will be interesting to see if JOSH gets back into the starting XI when he returns from injury. In recent months, Rafael has got the nod. Although he is arguably better than JOSH going forward, all round I think JOSH is the better player. JOSH certainly should be ahead of Gary Neville who played yesterday - any time he has this season, he has looked out of his depth - shouldve been sent off again yday.

Newcastle hope Tottenham will let them take striker Robbie Keane, 30, on loan in a deal that would become permanent if the Irishman is successful at St James' Park.
Full story: News of the World

Nottingham Forest want to sign Newcastle striker Leon Best on a permanent deal. Burnley, Crystal Palace and Swansea are also interested but only want to take the 24-year-old on loan.
Full story: News of the World

Charlie Darwin
02/01/2011, 3:56 PM
O'Shea has been injured for the past few weeks. He'd have been ahead of Neville otherwise.

pineapple stu
03/01/2011, 9:34 AM
? What exactly is your point?
It's to say that of course a Bohs fan is more concerned about his club than a player passing through it, and you've no reason to be surprised about that.

Carrigaline
03/01/2011, 11:26 AM
Kevin Kilbane has dropped down to League 1 to join Huddersfield on loan. Making his debut right now against Sheffield Wednesday.

pineapple stu
03/01/2011, 11:28 AM
It's his home debut. He played away against Carlisle on Saturday too.

Yard of Pace
03/01/2011, 12:27 PM
Excellent first half for Kilbane in the middle, he's some man. Superb goal from Irish U-21 cap Anthony Pilkington too. He's hit some cracking goals this season. Clinton Morrison just had a good goal ruled out for off-side (thankfully!).

CraftyToePoke
03/01/2011, 1:54 PM
Chris Hughton in the stands at Selhurst Park today.

And Wes Houlihan not in the Norwich side or bench, no mention of an injury.

tetsujin1979
03/01/2011, 2:17 PM
According to a Palace mate of mine, he was at the Palace game against Milwall at the weekend as well

CraftyToePoke
03/01/2011, 2:53 PM
According to a Palace mate of mine, he was at the Palace game against Milwall at the weekend as well

Yeah, a done deal by some accounts and will be announced soon. I was hoping he might end up at Burnley, nice squad, a few parachute pennies around, no huge debt, decent starting league position for him to work from. Palace on the other hand ..

Charlie Darwin
03/01/2011, 3:34 PM
At least it'll give him a stake in the development of a few young Irish players.

tetsujin1979
03/01/2011, 3:43 PM
the plot thickens, just on BBC that Steve Coppell is at the Palace game as well.

elroy
03/01/2011, 4:03 PM
Things looking increasingly dire at Preston, another defeat today. Any chance of Sledger and Treacy getting outta there?

CraftyToePoke
03/01/2011, 4:16 PM
Things looking increasingly dire at Preston, another defeat today. Any chance of Sledger and Treacy getting outta there?

It said today Treacy was booked for a dive in what was actually a clear penalty, it was Paddy McCarthy who fouled him. They both need to move.

CraftyToePoke
03/01/2011, 4:17 PM
the plot thickens, just on BBC that Steve Coppell is at the Palace game as well.

Did I hear Coppell to be Director Of Football with Hughton on the touchline?

SwanVsDalton
03/01/2011, 6:09 PM
From Teamtalk's paper round-up: (http://www.teamtalk.com/papertalk/6631605) West Ham table £4m bid for Liam Lawrence, Wolves in for Paul Green.

Serb
03/01/2011, 7:41 PM
From Teamtalk's paper round-up: (http://www.teamtalk.com/papertalk/6631605) West Ham table £4m bid for Liam Lawrence, Wolves in for Paul Green.

Good moves for both players if they materialise. Lawrence is definitely too good for the Championship and Green has yet to be tested (or found out) at the highest level.

Sullivinho
03/01/2011, 9:04 PM
Wolves in for Paul Green.

Mick will have been swayed by Nigel Clough's overwhelming endorsement of Paul's abilities.

elroy
03/01/2011, 9:42 PM
It said today Treacy was booked for a dive in what was actually a clear penalty, it was Paddy McCarthy who fouled him. They both need to move.

Saw the incident earlier on SSN, great run by Treacy and shocking decision by the ref. Was a clear pen.

tetsujin1979
03/01/2011, 11:16 PM
Did I hear Coppell to be Director Of Football with Hughton on the touchline?
just on the football league show that Hughton has not applied for the job, but more rumours about Coppell as Director of Football

Charlie Darwin
03/01/2011, 11:39 PM
I guess he just really likes going to Crystal Palace games then. Can't account for taste, it seems.

gastric
04/01/2011, 9:02 AM
According to The Sun, Adam Hammill is being linked with a 500,000 stg move to Wolves. Could be a good move for him and Mick might get him to declare.

In regards to my comments in relation to posts about Pady Madden, turn the sarcasm meters on for God's sake!

Kingdom
04/01/2011, 12:29 PM

That would be a good switch for JoSh. I think he'd do very well in the Bundesliga.

Jicked
04/01/2011, 1:10 PM
According to an anonymous football agent on Twitter who's usually pretty reliable, Wigan Athletic will be selling Chris Kirkland and replacing him with Kieran Westwood either this January or in the summer.