PDA

View Full Version : .............................................

A face
20/05/2004, 1:15 AM
Anyone see the UTV programme about the state of some of the clubs financial situations and how they are spending grants etc.

I didnt think tnhat things were so bad to be honest .... they were talking of club living way beyond their means and no physical way of paying wages, doing up grounds etc.

UEFA Licencing will tell alot when it is being enforced.
Does anyone know if any of the grounds are up to scratch at the moment.

Lux Interior
20/05/2004, 1:32 AM
Come on. A-face, you're on ILF enough to know that most of the grounds are cesspits and an affront to humanity - I would wager not unlike a few EL grounds. New stands, however at Lurgan, Portadown, Ballymena and Cliftonville with the new Glens ground seemingly having found approval with Castlereagh Council (if not the local residents - yet :( ).

The Oval, in it's current state, recently secured it's UEFA 'B' Licence, although I'm staggered as to how they spruced up the old dear in time.

Red tape, anomalies .... who knows why we didn't receive our share of the grants that rained upon England and Scotland in the wake of the Taylor Report?

Schumi
20/05/2004, 11:51 AM
The Oval, in it's current state, recently secured it's UEFA 'B' Licence, although I'm staggered as to how they spruced up the old dear in time.Everywhere here got the B licence so it's not hard to get.

Lux Interior
20/05/2004, 1:42 PM
Everywhere here got the B licence so it's not hard to get.

Point taken :)