PDA

View Full Version : Fixtures out tomorrow

Pages : 1 [2]

gael353
08/01/2011, 9:16 PM
So the first division is slighly lobsided with games (33) and every year its ment to go 16/17 and the following year 17/16. This year the powers have made it the same as last year meaning we had 16 games last year and again 16 this year. How fair is this? last year twice away to monaghan, twice away to Finn Harps, and the same this year. A level playing field it certanly is not

legendz
09/01/2011, 12:28 PM
They should be able to set it in away that the top 6 from last season, which will include sides relegated from the Premier, get the extra home game. It'd be some small reward for finishing in the top half.

legendz
20/01/2011, 12:14 PM
So the first division is slighly lobsided with games (33) and every year its ment to go 16/17 and the following year 17/16. This year the powers have made it the same as last year meaning we had 16 games last year and again 16 this year. How fair is this? last year twice away to monaghan, twice away to Finn Harps, and the same this year. A level playing field it certanly is not

I was just checking the Danish League. They are the highest placed league on the coefficient table at present where teams have to play more that twice in the league. They have the same format of the LoI Division One. 12 clubs playing each other three times. They have it set-up that the top 6 at the end of the season have 17 home games the next season. The lower 6, including the two promoted clubs play 16 home games. Why oh why are the FAI incapable of applying that same format to the number of home games!?

pineapple stu
20/01/2011, 12:17 PM
Who says that's a great system? Seems to protect the strong clubs.

legendz
20/01/2011, 5:07 PM
It's seems fair in that finishing in the top half earns the seeding with the advantage of an extra home game. Seems the fairest way in a league where they play an odd number of games.

osarusan
20/01/2011, 6:19 PM
It's not fair on a club which gets promoted though.

The fairest way is how it is supposed to work in the LOI - home and away every second season.

bluewhitearmy
20/01/2011, 6:21 PM
It's not fair on a club which gets promoted though.

The fairest way is how it is supposed to work in the LOI - home and away every second season.

Exactly but they cant even do that right.

monkey9
23/01/2011, 10:53 PM
Why are all the fixtures on May 26th, which is a thursday?? The only thing i could think of was that Ireland were playing that friday, but i've checked and they're not.

gspain
24/01/2011, 7:23 AM
Why are all the fixtures on May 26th, which is a thursday?? The only thing i could think of was that Ireland were playing that friday, but i've checked and they're not.

Wales meet Northern Ireland in the Celtic Cup. Seems there won't be any league games up against Celtic cup games.

Dodge
24/01/2011, 8:00 AM
Were the Celtic Cup games changed? Just checked their fixtures there and there's games on the Friday and Sunday, so the obvious thing to me wold be to stick league fixtures on the saturday. I#m guessing the Sunday game was originally down for Saturday?