PDA

View Full Version : city vs pats

yan
03/11/2001, 11:59 PM
how many pats fans r coming down for the game?????

bring a good few so the shed will hav to laugh at>>>>>>>>

hayser
04/11/2001, 1:18 PM
the shed wer`nt laughing the last time we visited 4-1 :p ,and all that. i`m sure a fair few will travel

Éanna
04/11/2001, 1:39 PM
Originally posted by hayser
the shed wer`nt laughing the last time we visited 4-1 :
I thought it was 4-0! :D
Hope ye've got a good few doown though, in all seriousness- the banter is usually pretty good. See "yous" (AAARRRGGGHHH I'm speaking Dub!) all in the Horseshoe before the game?

Peadar
09/11/2001, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
See "yous" (AAARRRGGGHHH I'm speaking Dub!) all in the Horseshoe before the game?

Don't listen to Eanna, he's only a little drummer boy.
Nobody but Rovers louts go to the Horseshoe.

The Turners Cross Tavern, The Evergreen or the Mountain are far more suitable locations for a pre-match drink.
Since Pats welcome us to McDowells for their home games we would be very ignorant not to show the same hospitality.
Unfortunately I wont be at the game but wws, Dr Nightdub, Billy G, Dermot and Aisling L and all the other Pats lads I hope you enjoy the craic and maybe we can recreate some of the rivalry of seasons past.

Avoid The Horseshoe Inn!

hayser
09/11/2001, 12:24 PM
are yous boycotting the horseshoe? beside`s it being a dump

Peadar
09/11/2001, 2:54 PM
Originally posted by hayser
are yous boycotting the horseshoe?

No one ever goes there!
Only the underagers from the shed.
It smells like a Limerick Housing estate and is adorned with Leeds Klux Klan memorabilia. The beer is crap and it's a fire hazard!
Imagine being situated at the gate of a football ground and decorating the place with rubbish from a jumped up excuse for a football team from England.

Neil
09/11/2001, 5:10 PM
No one ever goes there!
Only the underagers from the shed.

That's untrue. A lot of City fans drink there every home game, and they are not underage.

It smells like a Limerick Housing estate and is adorned with Leeds Klux Klan memorabilia. The beer is crap and it's a fire hazard!
Imagine being situated at the gate of a football ground and decorating the place with rubbish from a jumped up excuse for a football team from England.
That IS true!

Éanna
09/11/2001, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil

That's untrue. A lot of City fans drink there every home game, and they are not underage.

That IS true!
Spot on Neil. In fairness, I know it's a kip, but it's the handiest place, pre-match anyway.
As for only rovers fans goin there, not true. Every home game this season (bar monaghan) I've seen (and talked to) away fans in the horseshoe.

Neil
09/11/2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Barry's Tea

is adorned with Leeds Klux Klan memorabilia.
You're dead right Barry's Tea. It's embarrassing to have pictures of a foreign team in a pub that a lot of away supporters visit. A Bray supporter last week, asked 'Was there any pictures of Cork City!'

Peadar
10/11/2001, 12:08 AM
I'm just waiting for Niamh to have a go at me over the Leeds remarks but I just think it's bad taste. Some may argue that such rubbish belongs in a dump like the Horseshoe but I think the Kinsale Rd is the best place for it.

If Niamh does read this I'll remind you that I'm in Asia and have picked up a few tips on martial arts so you wont kick my ass :p

When I buy Cork City FC I'll buy the Horseshoe too and develop it into the ground. No trashy Leeds icons in the place that's for sure!

ccfcfan
12/11/2001, 3:06 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

Spot on Neil. In fairness, I know it's a kip, but it's the handiest place, pre-match anyway.
As for only rovers fans goin there, not true. Every home game this season (bar monaghan) I've seen (and talked to) away fans in the horseshoe.
do monaghan even have fans? :p :cool: :D

ccfcman
15/11/2001, 2:04 PM
does they're physiocount :D :D