PDA

View Full Version : Chorus Sports Channel

GalwayFrancis
19/05/2004, 12:34 PM
never heard of this channel before (i have skydigi). whats it like, good coverage of el? does anyone know how to get it online or on skydigital?

the 12 th man
19/05/2004, 12:39 PM
think its an actual programme called chorus sports as Opposed to a full
channell.its provided by the chorus cable company and its on chanell 10 which is the same as discovery chanell.it just takes over for a couple of hours each week.the e/l bit imho is ok :)

reckon you would have to b getting your signal from chorus to get it but then again i know zip about tv stations

NorthoftheLee
19/05/2004, 2:39 PM
think its an actual programme called chorus sports as Opposed to a full
channell.its provided by the chorus cable company and its on chanell 10 which is the same as discovery chanell.it just takes over for a couple of hours each week.the e/l bit imho is ok :)

reckon you would have to b getting your signal from chorus to get it but then again i know zip about tv stations

you have to be subscribes to corus to get it or have been previously subscribed, cancelled the subscription, get sky, keep the old corus cable and plug it into the tele when wanting to watch the corus channel for eL footage...it comes through unscrambled....good for a spare tv set...

A face
19/05/2004, 3:30 PM
Chorus Sports cover loads of stuff, basketball, football, gaa, greyhound racing, hockey, rugby, track and field, motor sports, golf. They all do alot of the award ceremonies and that kind of thing.

It is a great station to be honest. It is only sports played here in Ireland. Something along the lines of what a national broadcaster should be doing. :(

They make most of their money from advertising and are doing a great job. In comparison to Sky they aint up to much but they are the only ones (that i can see) that are dedicated to Irish sport. Stations like this should definitely be eligible for grants or some of the money from the licence fee.

NorthoftheLee
19/05/2004, 3:55 PM
Chorus Sports cover loads of stuff, basketball, football, gaa, greyhound racing, hockey, rugby, track and field, motor sports, golf. They all do alot of the award ceremonies and that kind of thing.

It is a great station to be honest. It is only sports played here in Ireland. Something along the lines of what a national broadcaster should be doing. :(

They make most of their money from advertising and are doing a great job. In comparison to Sky they aint up to much but they are the only ones (that i can see) that are dedicated to Irish sport. Stations like this should definitely be eligible for grants or some of the money from the licence fee.

totally agree with you their Face.......they should def get a grant because they surely arent making any profit from all the money they collect off people every month for subscription..... :p

seriously tho..they should get some sort of reward..maybe a couple of proper cameras for a start....

the 12 th man
19/05/2004, 4:16 PM
seriously tho..they should get some sort of reward..maybe a couple of proper cameras for a start....

in fairness i dont think their cameras are too bad.the commentary suffers because it sounds like its been added in afterwards.

Pablo
19/05/2004, 5:24 PM
in fairness i dont think their cameras are too bad.the commentary suffers because it sounds like its been added in afterwards.

Its always been pretty much Cork based but they've expanded recently? they have coverage of nearly all City's game home and away so far this year

A face
20/05/2004, 12:42 AM
I thought it was only sports played in Cork, with a nod to Waterford, Limerick and Kilkenny...

Well that just the footie, the basket ball ... they go Dublin etc. Athletics the same (they might have been in Belfast aswell) Rallying ... up north and the west cork one, all over i think. Golf ... all over.