PDA

View Full Version : Bulgaria home friendly for August?

KCFC Bohs
18/05/2004, 6:00 PM
From today's Independent (18th May):

"... the FAI are believed to be finalising plans to host a friendly against Euro 2004 outsiders Bulgaria on August 18th, the final international date available for Brian Kerr's men before they begin their World Cup qualifying campaign against Cyprus a fortnight later. "

Daxion
03/06/2004, 9:24 PM
From today's Independent (18th May):

"... the FAI are believed to be finalising plans to host a friendly against Euro 2004 outsiders Bulgaria on August 18th, the final international date available for Brian Kerr's men before they begin their World Cup qualifying campaign against Cyprus a fortnight later. "

After the Nigeria game, I was speaking to the FAI officials and they said the discussions with Bulgaria are nearly complete, and s/b finalised before the Euro2004

Jon'o
14/06/2004, 9:17 PM
showing on FAI site
http://www.fai.ie/FAI/Fans/diary.htm

17th August
Ireland Under 21 v Bugaria
Friendly
Home

18th August
Ireland v Bugaria
Friendly
Home

something to do i guess :D

Jon'o
14/06/2004, 10:57 PM
i wonder if the fai will try and shift tickets for 2 other games like the last set of friendly games.

only1kilbane
15/06/2004, 9:03 AM
Bulgaria looked quite a threat up front last night and had a couple of great chances to equalise before larsons cracker. Wont be as easy a game as people make out. If they sort there defence out look like a decent side

gspain
15/06/2004, 9:18 AM
i wonder if the fai will try and shift tickets for 2 other games like the last set of friendly games.

They probably will tie it into the Block bookings for the qualifers. They should too. Strange game last night bulgaria played the better football for an hour but defender poorly and then fell apart,

eirebhoy
15/06/2004, 4:53 PM
On the basis of this evening,we might win........
The score of the match doesn't reflect the performances of both teams. Bulgaria had 57% possession and 11 shots (compared to Sweden's 13 shots). When the third goal went in the Bulgarian's just wanted the match to end ASAP.

They had a woeful defense last night but they won a group containing Belgium and Croatia while conceding just 4 goals. It won't be an easy match by any stretch.