PDA

View Full Version : Clinton Morrisson's situation

finlma
18/05/2004, 11:03 AM
Now that Heskey has joined Birmingham and with Forsell staying on for another situation Clinton's position at Birmingham isn't looking too healthy. I can't see him being a regular next season. Perhaps he should look for a move to a less ambitous club where he can play regular football.

Outsider
18/05/2004, 11:09 AM
I've never actually seem him play well for Birmingham. Never inspired me with great confidence.

only1kilbane
18/05/2004, 11:21 AM
Have to say in my opinion since hes got into the Birmingham not and got a decent run hes had a very good season as said by forsell and steve bruce. He just needs to get a few more goals to add to his game.

Bowsy
18/05/2004, 11:29 AM
Thought Clinton's all round play this season has been excellent but unfortunately he seems to have lost a lot of confidence in front of goal. A problem suffered equally by the Brum bound Heskey. He's no star but nor is Heskey. I don't see why he shouldn't fight for his place against a striker who has a worse goal scoring record than a lot of premiership midfielders.

Littlest Hobo
18/05/2004, 11:53 AM
Not sure about clinton. He has never really inspired me. I won't be too bothered if he makes it or not at brum.
He has never really done it for us. He is not the man to partner robbie.
Its great players like McGeady and Yeats coming through. Lets hope they can do the business. Unlike clinton who could never.

Slash/ED
20/05/2004, 5:19 PM
He'd been getting rave reviews all season. Called their most importnat player by savage (I think it was Savage) and always praised by Bruce and Forssell. However, with Heskey there it's likely he'll be the odd one out and spend more time on the bench than not. Not an ideal situation.

However, if Palace come up, what odds on him ending up back there, possibley on loan?

Éanna
20/05/2004, 6:09 PM
He's an average player who shouldn't even be in the Ireland squad. If Heskey got picked on a 5-a-side team ahead of me, I'd be worried and I'm crap :D

only1kilbane
21/05/2004, 8:07 AM
What a stupid comment saying he shouldnt be in the Ireland Squad? WEll who should he is apart from Robbie the only striker we have in the premier regularly playing and playing well according to all reports. He has always done a decent job for us and until someone really stakes there claim ( remember mc geady only played 2 games for celtic , elliot one sub for city ) we will stick with clinton