PDA

View Full Version : spillage

rebelnorrie
18/05/2004, 10:41 AM
watchin him last nite bein interviewed on eL weekly....apparently the reason there is always big crowds at the rovers game and great rivalries between the clubs is cos "city is a big club in cork,and rovers is a big club in dublin.....and cork people think that cork is the real capital of the WORLD"....what a fukin cabbage!

NorthoftheLee
18/05/2004, 10:58 AM
eh it wasnt eL weekly........technical difficulties!!! the least they could have done was show more of the city game....the piece they done was ****e...showed no build up play....half arsed attempt.....what happened to all the other grounds........???????

oh ya..spillage is a tool!!!!!

liamon
18/05/2004, 11:03 AM
I wouldn't complain about the TV3 coverage of the rovers game as it wasn't part of eL weekly. They really tried to convey the atmosphere and showed plenty of shots on goal. That's all a news round up ever does.
And, they avoided the sensational story about crowd trouble that would probably have been more newsworthy. I thought the coeverage was a good advertisement for the league.

rebelnorrie
18/05/2004, 11:05 AM
i dont think it is a technical difficulty....apparently the tv crews are refusing to go up to the recording boxes in some of the grounds cos they're unsafe in the event of a fire.....i think tolka and richmond are the biggest problems.

eoinh
18/05/2004, 11:08 AM
it shows you why El grounds didnt get UEFA premier division licences.

What was to stop them doing a 40 minutes highlights programme from Turners Cross. No gantries to go up.

liamon
18/05/2004, 11:14 AM
I don't think it would do much good to have a 40 min show from the X. More of a CCFC weekly than eL weekly.
But there must be a few first div grounds that could host a tv3 camera crew as well, for a change.

Either way, it's up to Tolka and Richmond to get the problems sorted quickly or we'll lose our only tv coverage.

Schumi
18/05/2004, 12:08 PM
I don't think it would do much good to have a 40 min show from the X. More of a CCFC weekly than eL weekly.
Still better than the Sunderland weekly we got.

Roo69
18/05/2004, 12:20 PM
But there must be a few first div grounds that could host a tv3 camera crew as well, for a change.

Either way, it's up to Tolka and Richmond to get the problems sorted quickly or we'll lose our only tv coverage.

Not a chance they'd send a camera crew to a 1st division match ! sure they dont even cover all premier matches, we have to record our own matches and then send the tape in and even then they dont always show the highlights.

Colm
18/05/2004, 4:22 PM
the least they could have done was show more of the city game....the piece they done was ****e

I know and the worst thing of all was that they didn't show my interview! They interviewed me, Wayne and Guersy before the game but the cnuts didn't show any of us. The must have thought we were too good looking for their sub standard show!! :)

Gary
18/05/2004, 4:42 PM
I thought it was a tad short yes, but the package was quite professional. Looked good.

And i for once agreed with Spillane, we are the capital of the world.

Colm
18/05/2004, 4:52 PM
Think you're on next week...some programme about people who look like Eurovision entrants...

Every single Eurovision entrant of all time?!! ;)
I sound a lot better than them though as you will once again witness in the Horseshoe on Friday. :D

James
18/05/2004, 4:52 PM
or dodgy child corrie stars ;)

you're gay biy

tiktok
18/05/2004, 7:53 PM
I thouight the five minute piece they did was excellent, start to finish. IMO it goes to show how well the EL can be covered, a full forty minute show at those standards would do an awful lot to promote the league.

A face
18/05/2004, 9:12 PM
I thouight the five minute piece they did was excellent, start to finish. IMO it goes to show how well the EL can be covered, a full forty minute show at those standards would do an awful lot to promote the league.

Maybe it is their undoing ... we now know how good they can show the league, they have raised the bar for themselves :)