PDA

View Full Version : Galway United's New 4,000 seater stand

GalwayFrancis
18/05/2004, 10:12 AM
work being done is 9 Steps of Terracing which will be able to take seats with a retaining wall.This is being started on the 26th May the day after the u21 game as the Planning permission runs out in July.

The Stand when finished will hold 4,000 people with services underneath the stand.Whether this includes a bar will depend on an agreement being reached with the Galway F.A.

The big problem in relation to finishing the stand is the Govt's stance in relation to capital grants to el clubs which have stalled due to some clubs uses of previous funding and the FAI's Supervision of same.

Terry
18/05/2004, 11:41 AM
Francis !!! Are you just cut and pasting everything Tommy tells you on our own message board ;) ?????

Great news all the same, the first 2 steps are sponsored by O2 as we let them put a deflector dish on 1 of our floodlight polls! I believe the cost is around 10,000 euros per step?? someone else may correct me on that.

When the work begins I believe that everything required for us to get the "A" license will be achieved :D , someone else may correct me on that also.

GalwayFrancis
18/05/2004, 11:45 AM
just letting everyone know the details of utd's new stand...no one read the into the west forum any more!

galwaygirl
18/05/2004, 3:36 PM
and even less Galway Utd supporters read this one i'd say Francis :confused:

Peterc
19/05/2004, 11:24 AM
I have read it!!

Stevo Da Gull
09/06/2004, 8:44 PM
Great to see you're stadium improvin, not that yar ground is bad at the mo-it's damn good as far as Div1 stadiums go. :)
Anywho I saw during the match on Sky that there was work being done behind one of the goals- The stand aint goin there is it considerin its gonna hold 4000?- so what is goin on behind that goal then? :confused:

GalwayFrancis
09/06/2004, 9:58 PM
the work behind the goal, was just to change the few steps that were there into seats as players stand over there.the new stand is going on the camera side of the ground(opposite the main stand at the mo).
the stadium is great as it is for a first division team but we should be in the premier division and everyone knows it

A face
10/06/2004, 12:19 AM
the new stand is going on the camera side of the ground(opposite the main stand at the mo).

Where will the camera facilities go now ??

Fair play to you lads !!
When is the estimated time to be finished all the work ?

GalwayFrancis
10/06/2004, 6:24 PM
i hope the camera will (when the stand is finished) go on top of the present stand (we really have to give these stands names)
no idea about estimated time to be finished all the work

gael353
11/06/2004, 8:23 PM
Hea lads, few questions for ye. Are tehre any artists impressions of the new stand to see? Brendan Hughes not getting in the team, is he on his way back to Limerick? Derick McCarthy anyone???..and a few of your links are diverting off to stuff none related to the tribesmen.

Dapman
23/06/2004, 1:26 PM
Is the new stand really costing €10,000 per step. What does this include? Could anybody confirm that this is the cost and if so, then who is the building contractor?

Terry
23/06/2004, 2:13 PM
FAO Dapman: was told it costs 10 g's anyway(which means it is completely finished, seats and what not). All of the steps are now paid for, through fundraising schemes though, (e.g. O2 paid for first 2 steps when we allowed them to put up a deflector dish on one of our floodlight poles.)

FAO Gael353: There is blue prints (where I dont remember), but no artist impressions, yet! By now Brendan Hughes has rejoined ye and probably already played a game. Derek McCarty remains on the bench for all games as he hasn't got the pace of our starting strikers and to be honest isn't that great infront of goals unless he gets inside the six yard box (which hasn't happened yet). He will probably return to Limerick next season, as he's basically just back up in case of any injuries now, behind moran, dupay, o'dowd, goldbey.........

galwaygirl
23/06/2004, 2:27 PM
Welcome back Terry, things were very quiet without you :rolleyes:

gael353
23/06/2004, 3:37 PM
i look forward to seeing it when its finished or later this season. Yea Brendan rejoined us and will prob play against harps tomorrow evening. Dupay...great player he was with us at the start of the season but we didnt even know if we were gonna be around so he went off to ye and fair play to him. Derick?? what gives my god so much talent but to many good pubs in galway me thinks

Terry
23/06/2004, 3:54 PM
what gives my god so much talent but to many good pubs in galway me thinks

THE CURSE OF ALL UNITED PLAYERS !!!!!!!! ;)

galwaygirl
23/06/2004, 5:23 PM
Ah you cant put them all into that category Terry, It's just some of them make up for even the pioneers on the team :D

Dapman
24/06/2004, 9:35 AM
Thanks for the quick response. Great value at 10k per step. I would love to see those plans, or maybe talk to the building contractor, if you have his name. Also, could you let me know who would be a good person to contact regarding your Supporters trust which looks like a great idea. Thanks again. :)

galwaygirl
24/06/2004, 9:52 AM
Dapman,

If you want to know anything about our Supporters Trust, click below. There's a couple of phone numbers to contact at the bottom of it...... :)

http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/support.html