PDA

View Full Version : Is It A Good Time To Play St Pats?

Peadar
03/11/2001, 8:00 AM
Pats lost 1-2 at home to UCD last night and have now lost their last two games. Reports suggest that it was a scrappy affair which perhaps the home side should have won.
Is the time right for City to make it two wins in two games against Pats next weekend or will we be on the receiving end of a backlash from the Dublin 8'rs?

Key players include Paul Osam, Livingstone Mbabzi and Liam Kelly.

Éanna
03/11/2001, 11:33 AM
Never a good time to play pats! It'll be a tough one, but if we can win it, we'll be doing very well.

niamh
03/11/2001, 4:41 PM
Is never a good time to play Pat's but it should be a better result than last year....

jbrazil
03/11/2001, 5:18 PM
i think its quite a good time to play them. i fancy city to win 3-1.

Gunthers Mask
03/11/2001, 7:30 PM
If the crowd gets behind City and offers some support we might win it

Gary
03/11/2001, 8:25 PM
said it before and will say it again. If we play like we did in the 2nd half against hoopy scum, we can beat anyone in the league. And surely the team will be up to it after last januarys debacle.

Peadar
06/11/2001, 1:14 PM
Only two teams have beaten us at home this season.
We lost both games 0-1 and to be fair we've never played as bad as we did against Dundalk at home.
We're hard to beat and now seem to be able to rattle the onion sack a few times each game.
Every supporter going to the Cross on Sunday must be confident that we can win.
Should Pat's get back 9 or 6 of the points deducted we'd still be above them then.

City Abu

pete
06/11/2001, 1:45 PM
Pats have lost a couple on the trot now, no surprise to lose to Derry at the brandywell as they seem unbeatable up there but to lose to an admittadly improving UCD at home isn't good.

The Pats game could go either way we've got to be confident against if they lob in the high balls like the game at Richmond. We are weak against pace down the middle but Pats don't seem to have anybody to threaten up. If we don't conceed a set piece goal we can win. I think the greatest danger is if the game remain 0-0 that we throw too many players forward.

We need to ensure we don't lose to the top teams to challenge for the league.

Gunthers Mask
06/11/2001, 9:25 PM
We do fine against the likes of Shamrock Rovers Pats and Shelbourne.I feel we are slipping up by not beating the likes of Bray,Derry and to a lesser extent Ucd these no hopers are always world class playing city