PDA

View Full Version : Doyler?

Gary
17/05/2004, 8:41 PM
Cmere, whats the story with Doyler? With all the fuss surrounding other matters on Friday, the fact that Doyler pulled up so badly (or so it looked) seems to have been forgotten about.

Anyone know the extent of the injury? Or is there even an injury? Was he taken off as a precaution just in case his hamstring was on the verge of going on him?

IMO Doyler has been CCFCs MVP so far this season. He has run every defence ragged, and was really showing what type of class player he really is. A few people have already said that had he not gone off injured the other night, we would have won, as he scared the living shít out of both Palmer and McGuinness, ran them ragged, and cast them aside everytime.

To lose him, especially in this vein of form to a hamstring type injury would be very bad news for City.

Heres hoping he will be back alot quicker than what it has taken Flynny.

tiktok
17/05/2004, 9:30 PM
both www.corkcityfootie.com and www.eirways.com/citynet are reporting that it's a hamstring injury and could keep him out for a month.

really bad news because, as you said, he was really on form. Also I think O'Flynn will need a few games under his belt before he's firing on all cylinders, i would have liked to ease him into it (what a reeplacement to have though).

here's to a speedy recovery for Doyler

Colm
17/05/2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah I heard he'll be out for a month aswell.
It's a big blow for us imo as he has probably been our best player so far this season. It's a real pity as I also think we would have won on Friday if he didn;t have to be taken off.
And as Tiktok pointed out, it also takes away the option of being able to ease Flynny back into things.

Colm
17/05/2004, 10:16 PM
I hadn't thought of that. He'll be a big loss but hopefully Flynny will be back to his best by then.

pete
18/05/2004, 9:04 AM
Hige lose & definitely player of the season for us so far. 100% commitment every game which ultimately cost him the injury.

As mentioned before hes much stronger this year & vastly improved his scoring record plus he handy in the air too.

b_mcsweeney
19/05/2004, 12:10 PM
kev has been absolutley fantastic so far this season, i'd go so far as to say super. was gutted when i heard he'd got injured, its a bit of a disaster for the team imo. unless one of the younger lads (nolan, behan) can come in and do a job then i reckon we could be in trouble until either he or JoF gets back. you'da thought at the start of the season the one position we were absolutely set in was up front. s'funny ol game. citynet was saying 2-3 weeks, which would have him safely back for the malmo game, but you dunno how much to trust these injury reports.

jimmity
20/05/2004, 10:29 AM
i think we will see what a loss he is over the next few games.i think he should be partnering jof up front when both are back fit again

Éanna
20/05/2004, 6:49 PM
Best player in the squad this season. IMO he's a better player now than Flynny, and he is a huge loss

A face
20/05/2004, 7:15 PM
Stephen O'Flynn ... when is he back ??

It was a straight break wasn't it, cant be that long more.

The Donie Forde
21/05/2004, 8:26 AM
Stephen O'Flynn ... when is he back ??

It was a straight break wasn't it, cant be that long more.

Regular player injury updates in the match programme now from Physio Eric Wolfe. SOF's situation mentioned last week and this, also Doyler, Hoggie, JOF...

Donie