PDA

View Full Version : Mooney

Colm
17/05/2004, 3:52 PM
I must say that I was delighted to see him get such a great reception from the City fans on Friday night. I shook hands and had a few words with him after and he seemed very pleased with the reaction he got from the fans. He's a very nice guy and a great keeper and he definately came back to haunt us the other night. Still one of the top keepers in the league imo and always will be a City legend.

eoinh
17/05/2004, 3:58 PM
Glad he got a good reception but i didnt think he played that well. I think Devine showed by his performance that he is a better keeper than Mooney.

I thought Mooney should have have dealt with the goal from which city scored from.

tiktok
17/05/2004, 4:01 PM
Still looks a bit fallable under crosses, but made a few great saves, still a top shot stopper.

Glad he got a good reception, looks like it meant something to him. Was down around the ground when he arrived, looked like the world was weighing on his shoulders, I think he was nervous of getting the Reynolds treatment.

NorthoftheLee
17/05/2004, 4:24 PM
delighted he got the good reception....fair play to the fans that applauded him....

James
17/05/2004, 4:33 PM
moooney is a city legend
no way in my mind he was ever gona get the same reception as the rat
thought he proved his shot stopping was still first class.. prob one of the best in the league still

Gary
17/05/2004, 5:00 PM
As pointed out before, he may be a fan favourite, but certainly not a legend.

Glad of the reception he got as well, though the Mirror today quoted him as saying something like - getting a hot reception. I didnt hear a (serious) bad word said against him the other night.

Colm
17/05/2004, 5:04 PM
As pointed out before, he may be a fan favourite, but certainly not a legend.

In my mind he is a legend. I'll never forget some of the great saves he made in the 98 cup final.

James
17/05/2004, 6:05 PM
In my mind he is a legend. I'll never forget some of the great saves he made in the 98 cup final.

we have had some legendry keepers down through the years

ludzic, biscuits, mooney, ....
devine ? .. another few season maybe

Q: what makes a city legend in anyway.. ?

Gary
17/05/2004, 6:31 PM
When was the last time you could say Devine had a good game or Devine won us a game? Mooney got rovers a point on Friday.

Too many to mention. He may not be at his best this season, but, he made a few nice ones against Drogs. There was many a time last season when his saves and presence kept us in a game.

shedite
17/05/2004, 8:41 PM
Q: what makes a city legend in anyway.. ?

IMO, a legend is someone you will remember forever. I think Mooney is more of a legend than Devine, while Devine is a better keeper. Devine isn't as fun. We'll always remember the bounce, the baldness etc....

sullanefc
18/05/2004, 12:38 AM
IMO, a legend is someone you will remember forever.

Here, here. Although he may not be city's all time best keeper, he will certainly be a legend, and thats good enough for me. Glad he got a good reception from the fans.

liamon
18/05/2004, 8:22 AM
They had a brief interview with him on TV3 last night and he clearly stated that he left CCFC to get a game. All he wants to do is play. Rovers are a great team, BUT city is where his heart is.
He looked quite emotional and was thrilled with the reception from the fans.

razor
18/05/2004, 8:39 AM
we have had some legendry keepers down through the years

ludzic, biscuits, mooney, ....
devine ? .. another few season maybe

don't forget Melvin Capleton now there was a legend.

Peadar
18/05/2004, 8:58 AM
He looked quite emotional and was thrilled with the reception from the fans.

I thought he was going to cry.
He said that Cork was his home.
It's tough being a keeper.
All in all though I think Devine is the better keeper.

Sheridan
18/05/2004, 10:08 AM
Heard him interviewed on radio and TV last week. He can't half talk...

Interview with him in the Rovers programme for the DCFC game a few weeks back, think he said that he'd moved to Dublin to start a new business, anyone know what line of work he's in?

tiktok
18/05/2004, 10:20 AM
Heard him interviewed on radio on TV last week

???? :D

anyone know what line of work he's in?

AFAIK, he runs safety courses and distributes safety materials for industry

Sheridan
18/05/2004, 10:23 AM
???? :D
Corrected the original post to deny you your victory, THUS ALWAYS TO PEDANTS :D

Éanna
20/05/2004, 7:03 PM
IMO, a legend is someone you will remember forever. I think Mooney is more of a legend than Devine, while Devine is a better keeper. Devine isn't as fun. We'll always remember the bounce, the baldness etc....
exactly. thats why he's a legend

razor
21/05/2004, 7:34 AM
exactly. thats why he's a legend

While I think all this makes Mooney a character.
I don't think he can be added to the legend category.